• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kick out 55,000 children who are legal from public housing to punish illegals

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...documented-immigrants/?utm_term=.68d5c205c479

The Department of Housing and Urban Development acknowledged that a Trump administration plan to purge undocumented immigrants from public housing could displace more than 55,000 children who are all legal U.S. residents or citizens.

I approve of this plan. I think kicking tens of thousands of legal children into the streets in an attempt to drive their families out of the country is exactly what Trumpkins should be rooting for going into 2020.

Should illegal aliens be allowed to occupy public housing instead of legal citizens?

Good! Good! That is perfect! Ignore that the children are citizens or legal residents. Focus on punishing the illegals no matter the cost. That is exactly the message I expect from you.

Should illegal aliens be allowed to occupy public housing instead of legal citizens?

I can't read the article, but heard something about it today. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, of course, but it is not LEGAL children who are being kicked out. The stipulation is that all residents must be legal. That's a big difference.

Good! Good! That is perfect! Ignore that the children are citizens or legal residents. Focus on punishing the illegals no matter the cost. That is exactly the message I expect from you.

You didn't answer my question.

Should I ask it again, or do you plan to just go on another snarky attack?

I'm thinking about US citizens who are homeless, etc..

I haven't touched on the issue of children.

Why is it you lefties are incapable of answering a question?

You didn't answer my question.

Should I ask it again, or do you plan to just go on another snarky attack?

I'm thinking about US citizens who are homeless, etc..

I haven't touched on the issue of children.

Yes! Argue that it is a zero sum game! We have to make these legal children homeless because their illegal families are sucking up resources that could be used by others. I think you are on to something here. Keep it up.

Yes! Argue that it is a zero sum game! We have to make these legal children homeless because their illegal families are sucking up resources that could be used by others. I think you are on to something here. Keep it up.

Well, thanks for letting me know what your objective is.

Flame bait threads are so boring and pathetic.

Have fun.

So the government s supposed to reward illegals for having spawned US anchor children?

Thank you. It is harsh indeed. Can we compare it to the estimate 2.5 mil homeless children who would benefit from the empty apartments and give them a chance?

So...you are gonna kick out 55,000 legal kids to make room for some other 55,000 legal kids so you can punish the former for having illegal parents, and you see this as some sort of moral victory for homelessness for millions of homeless children? Absolutely! Lead with this in the next election! I think you should promote this as exactly the kind of momentous change that people can expect from Trump and his supporters. Good job.

May be there is a compromise? It all goes back to the fact that we have to solve our immigration woes. If we pass a sensible immigration law, and at the same time find a fair solution for illegal immigrants already here, perhaps we won't have to kick kids to the curb, as it is suggested we might be doing.
But lets pause for a minute and think about why we haven't solved this issue since Reagan passed the amnesty bill. It surely is too great of an election talking point, so we keep it until we need it, kids be damned.
If you think you are compassionate, write to your lawmakers and ask them to sit down in a room and don't come out until this is solved. All else is nothing but hypocritical grandstanding.

Have fun.

But typical of lefties.

So...you are gonna kick out 55,000 legal kids to make room for some other 55,000 legal kids so you can punish the former for having illegal parents, and you see this as some sort of moral victory for homelessness for millions of homeless children? Absolutely! Lead with this in the next election! I think you should promote this as exactly the kind of momentous change that people can expect from Trump and his supporters. Good job.

So what would you do? House the illegals and let the American kids live on the streets? Figures.

So what would you do? House the illegals and let the American kids live on the streets? Figures.

They are American kids. They are citizens. Their parents are illegal. They are going to force children who are American citizens into homelessness to punish the family as a whole because the parents are illegal.

But typical of lefties.

Anyone who doesn't believe in forcing out a child, who is an American citizen, from public housing because their parents are not citizens is a lefty?

May be there is a compromise? It all goes back to the fact that we have to solve our immigration woes. If we pass a sensible immigration law, and at the same time find a fair solution for illegal immigrants already here, perhaps we won't have to kick kids to the curb, as it is suggested we might be doing.
But lets pause for a minute and think about why we haven't solved this issue since Reagan passed the amnesty bill. It surely is too great of an election talking point, so we keep it until we need it, kids be damned.
If you think you are compassionate, write to your lawmakers and ask them to sit down in a room and don't come out until this is solved. All else is nothing but hypocritical grandstanding.

Explain to me exactly why you think we "have to kick" these children to the curb.

Have fun.

This is how sick your side is. Forcing children, even those that are American citizens, into homelessness is completely justifiable. That is who you are.

Wtf Im poor as **** how do I get public housing?

I can't read the article, but heard something about it today. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, of course, but it is not LEGAL children who are being kicked out. The stipulation is that all residents must be legal. That's a big difference.

Well if their parents care about living in America why didnt they try to become legal? People commit crimes all the time and if there is no family babysitter to take care of them the kids get placed in foster care.

They are American kids. They are citizens. Their parents are illegal. They are going to force children who are American citizens into homelessness to punish the family as a whole because the parents are illegal.

Re read in sequence, you will get it eventually.

This is how sick your side is. Forcing children, even those that are American citizens, into homelessness is completely justifiable. That is who you are.

Nobody is forcing them into homelessness as nobody stops their parents from renting on the "open market"; it was their choice to come here.

Obviously, America allows illegals to reside here and the least those illegals can do is to provide themselves a home for their kids.

Back
Top Bottom