• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Khayembii's Lifting/Diet/Workout Journal!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Am I allowed to post this here? Anyways, I've been meaning to put one of these together. I was going to do it on livejournal or something like that but figured everyone here would be interested in reading about this and plus I just like to brag. :mrgreen:

About me: I'm 23 years old, 5'8" and around 170 lbs currently. I started this about a month ago, and am currently in a pretty extreme cutting phase which I will probably be in for another 6-8 weeks. From there I'll probably bulk up a bit but I'm not really interested in getting too big. So the plan is to get to a pretty damn low body fat percentage before bulking up a bit and then I'll see where I'm at from there.

DIET
My diet consists of five small meals a day. Each meal consists of 6.5 oz of chicken or one can of tuna in water, along with either 1 tablespoon of olive oil or 1 oz of peanut butter. Meal 5 also contains 3 fish oil tablets. I take a multi and a calcium every morning and every other meal (1, 3, 5) I take two green tea capsules.

Throughout the day I also drink a ton of water, as well as some coffee and diet soda (my only real pleasures haha). If I ever feel I need a carb up then I'll replace one or two of my meals with cheat meals and go grab a sub from Subway or something.

I'm still working on cutting alcohol completely out of my diet, which is really tough because I currently don't have much of a life because of my commitment to this plan hah. Anyways, you have to suffer to make gains so I figure all of this is temporary anyways.

CARDIO
I do 45 minutes of cardio 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday) in the morning before my first meal on the elliptical. This is probably the hardest thing to stick to, as I'm not a morning person at all.

On Mondays and Fridays following cardio I also do 3x10 of decline sit ups.

LIFTING
I lift in the afternoon after work every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. My lifting schedule consists of alternating between four different lifting routines:

Routine A
Squat - 2x5, 1x15
Pull Through - 3x10
Barbell Row - 4x6
Barbell Curl - 3x10

Routine B
Decline Bench Press - 2x5
Incline Bench Press - 4x8
Lying Tricep Extension - 3x10
Lateral Raise - 3x10

Routine C
Deadlift - 2x5
Leg Press - 2x15
Wide Grip Chin Up - 4x8
Seated Preacher Curl - 3x10

Routine D
Incline Bench Press - 2x5
Flat Barbell Bench - 3x10
Dumbbell Military Press (seated) - 3x8
V-Bar Push Down - 3x10

PROGRESS SO FAR
I haven't actually lost much, if any, weight. I've been sitting at around 170-172 lbs for the past month since I started. However, I have been taking weekly photos and seeing progress. I also have started getting my body fat percentage taken with skinfold and that has decreased from 11.3% (on August 19th) to 10.4% (on September 2nd). That was with my birthday weekend of insane binging also haha. So I've basically been replacing fat with muscle. I'm getting my body fat measured again on the 16th and hope to be down around 8% by then. We'll see how it goes!

--------------------------------

Anyways, I'm not going to post my last four weeks of progress regarding weights lifted, deviations, etc... because that would be too much work and nobody probably cares enough, but I'm planning on updating this thread regularly from now on with that information.

So in the future I'll be posting lifting progress, deviations on diet/cardio, commentary on how much this sucks and how sore/tired I am and how much I hate my life, and how happy I will be when I meet my goals.

If anyone has any questions, or just want to call me a massive idiot for doing this, feel free to post in here. This is for everyone, not just me! :)

Hey I think this is awesome!!! I'm very interested please keep us informed!

Meh last week SUCKED. I deviated a ton from my cardio/diet which was really stupid. I didn't record any of it, either. Started from soreness and then was very shortly due to laziness. I've learned basically that one small deviation always snowballs into larger ones, so I'm really focusing on not letting those small deviations get past me.

This week so far I've done everything right (except I forgot to write down my weight on Monday, gah). Gotten to the gym every morning for cardio, have stuck to the diet to a T, went lifting on Tuesday:

Incline Bench 2x5 @ 100 lbs
Flat Bench 3x10 @ 100 lbs
DB Military Press (seated) 3x8 @ 100 lbs (8,4,5 reps, respectively)
V-Bar pushdowns 3x10 @ 110 lbs (10,8,5)

Still able to maintain my increases. I don't have much to report on, I guess, it turns out. Tomorrow I'm getting skinfold tested; I'll post those results when I get them.

I would've thought you get plenty of exercise from carrying water for leftist regimes.

I keeed, I keeed. :2razz:

It sounds like you've got a fantastic schedule worked out. I'm trying to make myself go to the gym every day. I'm on a three day streak. :lol:

Meh last week SUCKED. I deviated a ton from my cardio/diet which was really stupid. I didn't record any of it, either. Started from soreness and then was very shortly due to laziness. I've learned basically that one small deviation always snowballs into larger ones, so I'm really focusing on not letting those small deviations get past me.

This week so far I've done everything right (except I forgot to write down my weight on Monday, gah). Gotten to the gym every morning for cardio, have stuck to the diet to a T, went lifting on Tuesday:

Incline Bench 2x5 @ 100 lbs
Flat Bench 3x10 @ 100 lbs
DB Military Press (seated) 3x8 @ 100 lbs (8,4,5 reps, respectively)
V-Bar pushdowns 3x10 @ 110 lbs (10,8,5)

Still able to maintain my increases. I don't have much to report on, I guess, it turns out. Tomorrow I'm getting skinfold tested; I'll post those results when I get them.

Have you tested your 1 rep max in these workouts?

Goldenboy219 said:
Have you tested your 1 rep max in these workouts?

Nope, I'm not really concerned with getting stronger so I don't really care about that at this point. I've got a ways to go before I even start thinking about that.

I managed to stay on program for the most part this week, aside from no cardio on Thursday morning or this morning (Saturday). Went out last night and had two beers, but mostly stuck to rum/diet and shots. Stuck to the diet for my meals.

BF reading basically said that I gained in some areas and lost in others, so I'm chalking that up to poor performance on my part and to human error.

Doubling my cardio, adding an evening 45 mins of cardio, including on lifting days (after I lift). We'll see how long this lasts before I get burnt out haha.

Blah so I suck at keeping a journal, don't I? Haha, basically I fell off the wagon for a bit (about a week or two) and rebounded with an even more intense diet/cardio program. Currently my diet is changing slowly on a week-by-week basis but you can get the idea just by looking at one week's diet:

NEW DIET/CARDIO PLAN
*1 serving Metamucil in the morning after waking up before cardio.

*50 min cardio, 140-150 bpm range before breakfast, 7 days a week

Meal 1
1 can tuna
1 tbsp EVOO
2.5 oz oats
5 g creatine
multivitamin
2 Alpha-T2
2 Lean Xtreme

Meal 2
5.5 oz chicken / 1 can tuna
1 tbsp EVOO
2.5 oz oats
5 g creatine
1 calcium

Meal 3
6.5 oz chicken / 1 can tuna
1 tbsp EVOO
2 fish oil
5 g creatine

Meal 4
1 tbsp EVOO
2 fish oil

Meal 5
1 tbsp EVOO
2 fish oil
1 Alpha-T2
1 Lean Xtreme

This is my diet for Week 2. It differs from Week 1 in that I increased the cardio from 45 min to 50 min. It's basically a variation of carb cycling where, instead of having high/low carb days, I'm instead just eating a lot of carbs in the morning, and decreasing throughout the day while increasing my healthy fat intake.

Supplements

I am taking Alpha-T2 and Lean Xtreme as a stack to aid in this cutting phase. Basically I'm switching supp intake on a week-by-week basis:

.....................ALPHA-T2..................Lean Xtreme..........

Week 1........1 Capsule A.M.............2 Capsules A.M.
....................1 Capsule P.M.............1 Capsule P.M.

Week 2........2 Capsules A.M............2 Capsules A.M.
....................1 Capsule P.M............1 Capsule P.M.

Week 3........2 Capsules A.M............2 Capsules A.M.
....................1 Capsule P.M............1 Capsule P.M.

Week 4........2 Capsules A.M............2 Capsules A.M.
....................1 Capsule P.M.............1 Capsule P.M.

If that makes sense to you. Basically will be doing this for 4 weeks and then repeating it so I will be on this stack for 8 weeks.

I'm also taking Super Enzymes and Metamucil to aid in digestion to extract basically every last nutrient out of my food. Pardon my language, but ****ting sucks. I'm also drinking and peeing a lot because of the creatine (I drink probably 2-3 gallons a day and pee like 10 times a day hahaha).

Creatine I'm reducing by one meal each week. So Week 1 I took 5g of creatine for the first 4 meals. This week I'm taking it for the first three. And so on. On week 5 I will be without it, and I can't wait. Creatine monohydrate doesn't dissolve in water, and even if you mix it with lemonade mix to mask the swampy taste, the grit in your teeth and the fact that it settles to the bottom makes it nasty.

Lifting
My lifting regimen is the exact same. Above routines, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I've backed off to lower weights a bit and am focusing more on getting the form down and therefore going with smaller jumps, if possible. This has helped me enjoy lifting much more, because I feel like I'm doing it right and am pushing myself as far as I can each time I go. Before I was somewhat dreading (or at least not liking) lifting.

So that's pretty much it. My goal is to stick through this program for 16 weeks (last day is January 21, 2011) with minimal deviations, but the holiday season is coming up so we'll see how it goes! I'll update this as necessary (although I'm guessing there won't be much to post) and after I'm done with this entire process maybe I'll post some progress pics.

I'll update more I promise!

Last edited:
Bahahaha I failed yet again. I'm too damn lazy to update this ****. I'm currently on a zero carb ketogenic diet. My morning cardio has increased to 75 mins every morning before my first meal. I'm about to start adding a second one in the evening. My weight has actually gone up by a few pounds because of some muscle mass I've gained. I look leaner, although not by much. I'm expecting in two weeks to see a notable difference, provided that I can maintain this level of cardio through that time period (and provided I don't gorge myself on Thanksgiving).

Bahahaha I failed yet again. I'm too damn lazy to update this ****. I'm currently on a zero carb ketogenic diet. My morning cardio has increased to 75 mins every morning before my first meal. I'm about to start adding a second one in the evening. My weight has actually gone up by a few pounds because of some muscle mass I've gained. I look leaner, although not by much. I'm expecting in two weeks to see a notable difference, provided that I can maintain this level of cardio through that time period (and provided I don't gorge myself on Thanksgiving).

Be careful of fatigue; keto diets combined with daily cardio will force your glycogen levels way down.

I'm on 5g creatine daily, (trying to) make sure I get enough sleep and am doing low intensity cardio to maximize the consumption of body fat and minimize any muscle consumption. I drink a ton of water too. I've never had any problems with muscle fatigue or soreness.

Last edited:
Getting back on track with the cardio; I've been slacking on it ever since I bumped it up to 75 mins every morning. Buying a memory foam pillow and flannel sheets solved the problem of not being able to get to bed at night, but now I can't wake up in the morning. :D

Other than that, everything's going the same. Getting to the gym to lift, sticking to the diet, working on getting cardio in. Bah, I wish there was some way to speed up this damned process but I think I'm going at this as fast as I possibly can as it is.

I hate cutting. :-/

I'm on 5g creatine daily, (trying to) make sure I get enough sleep and am doing low intensity cardio to maximize the consumption of body fat and minimize any muscle consumption. I drink a ton of water too. I've never had any problems with muscle fatigue or soreness.

Are you cycling off the creatine at all? I've been told by the supplement fanatics at the gym to cycle off it as your body eventuallly maxes out on it's ability to benefit from creatine after using it for so many days. I'm very tired and don't have the energy to explain what they told me but I did read up on it on the webz and it seems they are correct. I'm using it two weeks, dropping it two weeks. I do however make sure and use my protein supplements regularly. That's about all I do.

Never heard of that, but I'm not cycling off intentionally, just when I get too lazy or am in too much of a hurry or forget about it.

sounds like the extra life time you might get out of this will be spent exercising yourself to death.Your far more likely to get laid if you go out drinking.

mikhail said:
sounds like the extra life time you might get out of this will be spent exercising yourself to death.Your far more likely to get laid if you go out drinking.

I'm not exercising myself to death. In fact, I feel great. As for drinking and getting laid, the former I will continue once I have met my goals, the latter is not a problem in any case.

I'm not exercising myself to death. In fact, I feel great. As for drinking and getting laid, the former I will continue once I have met my goals, the latter is not a problem in any case.

Guess humbleness is not a problem in any case either :2razz: lol

Getting back on track with the cardio; I've been slacking on it ever since I bumped it up to 75 mins every morning. Buying a memory foam pillow and flannel sheets solved the problem of not being able to get to bed at night, but now I can't wake up in the morning. :D

Other than that, everything's going the same. Getting to the gym to lift, sticking to the diet, working on getting cardio in. Bah, I wish there was some way to speed up this damned process but I think I'm going at this as fast as I possibly can as it is.

I hate cutting. :-/

Part of the reason you cannot keep on your workout routine is, IMHO, because you are stressing your body out which can impact your desire to work out on a psychological level. This is common for boxers, and is referred to as over-training. Trying to cut weight while maintaining a high work load never works if you do not allow your body to rest and have vital nutrients that are critical for performance.

But what do i know?:peace

Yeah I've always had problems with getting enough sleep in. Back before I did all of this I averaged 4-5 hours of sleep every night. I would get tired in the afternoon/evening, but still wouldn't be able to sleep until later, so it was basically what my maintenance level was at for sleep. Now that I'm on this I require much more sleep and I'm having trouble planning for it and getting my internal clock used to it. I'm trying to get in 8-9 but I'm probably realistically getting 5-7.

I bought new flannel sheets and a memory foam pillow to help me get to sleep, which worked, but now I just need to get to bed earlier.

Restarting this thread because my last prog was way too intense for where I'm at in life right now, so I've constructed a new, simpler program. I'm doing a keto diet with ~500 kcal deficit and lifting 6 days a week followed by 30-40 mins light intensity steady state (LISS) cardio (~130 BPM).

The Diet:

Meal 1
3 Large Eggs
4 Slices Bacon
1/4 cup cheddar
1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 2
4 oz chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cauliflower
1/8 cup cheddar
1 tbsp ranch

Meal 3
4 oz chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cauliflower
1/8 cup cheddar
1 tbsp ranch

Meal 4
2 oz chicken
1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 5
30 g whey isolate
1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 6
2 oz chicken
1 tbsp olive oil

Comes out to:

1934 Cals
144g protein (28.8%)
148g fat (66.6%)
18g carbs (5.81% including fiber)

Lifting Schedule:

I'll be lifting 6 days a week followed by 30-40 mins light cardio (~130 BPM). I have my lifting schedule divided up into three different schedules so I'll be switching between A, B and C every week. However, they all follow the same general guideline so here's Week A:

Monday
Incline Smith Bench 3x16-20rp
Incline Hammer Bench 1x20
Machine Abs 2x15

Tuesday
Barbell Curl 3x20-30rp
PinWheel Curl 1x15
Preacher Curl 1x20

Wednesday
Squat 1x10, 1x6
Leg Press 1x20
Machine Abs 1x10-20

Thursday
Hammer Shoulder 3x20-30rp
Lat Raise Machine 1x20
Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press 3x16-20rp
Tricep Dip Machine 1x20

Friday
Seated Leg Curls 3x16-20rp
Adductor Machine 3x20-30rp
Machine Abs 2x15

Saturday
Lat Pull Down Machine 3x16-20rp
Cable Lat Pull Down 1x20
Smith Machine Row 1x10, 1x6

That should give you a general idea of my lifting routine.

About Me
I'm 23, 175lbs as of Saturday 2/5 (first official weigh in!) and probably around 18-20% body fat. I believe my maintenance level to be somewhere around 2500 calories so I'm currently running ~500 kcal deficit.

I'm planning on probably cutting down 20 lbs or so, just planning on 1 lb per week but fully expect to make quicker progress, especially in the beginning.

Might post pics later, IDK how I feel about posting pics on this forum.

Last edited:
Watch out, you can actually do too much cardio, especially when you eat so little carbs. Also, those diet pills don't help.

Treat yourself to some red meat, some bacon once a week. You need vegetables. Green beans, broccoli, spinach, anything high in fiber. Avoid sugary veggies like peas and carrots.

You can take fiber in pill form, anything made from Psyllium husk. Take one capsule with your first meal of the day.

What you have laid out is a pro body builder's diet, just less calories. You will have difficulty sustaining it because it is bland.

You are doing well dropping sugar and other starches. I applaud your discipline.

Heh, I didn't read the whole thread, just your first entries, and now I see you are doing what I was suggesting, so never mind me, you know what you're doing...lol.

Back
Top Bottom