• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Khayembii's Lifting/Diet/Workout Journal!!!!!!!!

Heh, I didn't read the whole thread, just your first entries, and now I see you are doing what I was suggesting, so never mind me, you know what you're doing...lol.

Yeah the other diet sucked.

I've actually modified the diet I just posted tonight. Just distributed some food items a little more evenly, switched my PWO shake to meal 4 and made it 30g whey plus 15g dextrose instead of EVOO. Should be set for a while!

im not that familiar with the details of a ketogenic diet, but shouldnt you be consuming 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight?

im not that familiar with the details of a ketogenic diet, but shouldnt you be consuming 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight?

Consuming more than 30 grams at one sitting leads to waste, as your body can only process so much at a given time.

i meant per day. hes 175 lbs, he could be eating 30 g of protein per meal at 6 meals a day and get to 180 g of protein

i meant per day. hes 175 lbs, he could be eating 30 g of protein per meal at 6 meals a day and get to 180 g of protein

For a ketogenic diet you want to hit 65% fat, 30% protein and <=5% net carbs. Since this is a 2000 calorie diet, my desired protein intake is (2000*0.3)/4 = 150g protein (protein is 4 kcals/g).

The reason for not consuming too much protein is that protein is converted into glucose through gluconeogenesis. Ketogenic diets are higher in fat because they promote energy usage through fatty acid oxidation as opposed to burning protein and muscle.

Simpleton Version: You want your body to burn fat for energy. Therefore, you want to take in just enough protein to repair and build muscle. Any additional protein taken in will be used as energy while the fats will be stored. You don't want your body to "think" that protein is to be burned for energy, because it will store fats and could also lead to muscle consumption.

Extremely Simpleton Version: Eating protein on a keto diet is similar to eating carbs on a regular diet, kind of.

BTW, best parts about this diet:

1. The diet itself is awesome, I get to eat delicious foods!
2. Carb up day I get to pig out and eat whatever I want. I know, it's not completely efficient, I'll start worrying about clean carb ups when I hit single digits on body fat!
3. Carb up day I can drink!!!! Which is every Saturday after this weekend!!!
4. Fats are more calorically dense than carbs and metabolize at a much "smoother" rate, meaning more energy and no more sleeping problems!!!
4. No morning cardio!!!
5. No morning cardio!!!

This diet deals perfectly with every single sticking point that was causing me to cheat on my old diet. It is absolutely perfect and delicious and I'm incredibly hyped to continue making progress the next couple of weeks.

I've already lost 4 lbs since Saturday!!!

Last edited:
As you body ceases over production of insulin(a pandemic condition in high carb/low fat eating today), your normalized blood sugar level means no cravings for starches and sugars, no ups and downs during the day, just a smooth metabolic existience, high in energy.

Keep it up. The concept of breaking the ketosis is a good tool to keep your body guessing, and it allows temporary indulgences of favorite foods and potables.

The truly amazing aspect of this kind of lifestyle, is that once you see how efficiently it works, you automatically utilize the principles even when not "dieting". I did it for the first time ten years ago, and have used the principles to maintain a healthy condition, even though I go on binges at certain times, like holidays. I pretty much write off late November until after New Years, every year, and I don't worry about it.

Whoo, got down to 169, then gained a lb back somehow, so my first week's weigh in is 170. 5 lbs down in a week! :D

Whoo, got down to 169, then gained a lb back somehow, so my first week's weigh in is 170. 5 lbs down in a week! :D

Five pounds in one week means someone spends an unbelievable time on the toilet. Remember, it doesn't just disappear ;)

Five pounds in one week means someone spends an unbelievable time on the toilet. Remember, it doesn't just disappear

Haha I do pee a ton and by the smell I'm definitely pissing out ketones, but I also drink like 2 gallons of water a day to make up for the creatine and all the salt I'm taking in.

I think it's just because 175 is a high weight for me, and that was the morning after a pizza/beer binge. From here on out the hard work starts!

Diet's been going well so far, I gained most of the weight back that I previously reported as losing, so it was probably due to water retention, who knows. Weight fluctuations like that are common when starting a ketogenic diet. I'm currently at 171, so I have lost 4 lbs at almost 3 weeks in, which isn't bad. I also think that I've lost more than that in fat, as I have been able to increase strength on lifting. My fat has also gone noticeably down on my stomach and has become much jigglier haha. All good signs.

At 1x10 @ 255, 1x6 @ 285 on the squat! Can't wait to break 300 in two weeks! :D

I've been somewhat loose with my diet, not eating strictly what I originally set my meals for but still maintaining low/no net carbs and estimating a 500 kcal deficit. I'm now running a 10-minute mile every day after lifting. Next week I'll probably buckle down on the diet and add in 30-60 minutes light cardio in the morning, as well as increasing my cardio in the evening after lifting to a 10-minute mile followed by 30 mins walking on the treadmill. Expecting much more progress!

So far so good! Carb up days are awesome! I love drinking and eating carbs on Saturdays, yeah so what if I'm not making all the progress I could because of this it's my psych-up day too! :D

Diet's been going well so far, I gained most of the weight back that I previously reported as losing, so it was probably due to water retention, who knows. Weight fluctuations like that are common when starting a ketogenic diet. I'm currently at 171, so I have lost 4 lbs at almost 3 weeks in, which isn't bad. I also think that I've lost more than that in fat, as I have been able to increase strength on lifting. My fat has also gone noticeably down on my stomach and has become much jigglier haha. All good signs.

At 1x10 @ 255, 1x6 @ 285 on the squat! Can't wait to break 300 in two weeks! :D

I've been somewhat loose with my diet, not eating strictly what I originally set my meals for but still maintaining low/no net carbs and estimating a 500 kcal deficit. I'm now running a 10-minute mile every day after lifting. Next week I'll probably buckle down on the diet and add in 30-60 minutes light cardio in the morning, as well as increasing my cardio in the evening after lifting to a 10-minute mile followed by 30 mins walking on the treadmill. Expecting much more progress!

So far so good! Carb up days are awesome! I love drinking and eating carbs on Saturdays, yeah so what if I'm not making all the progress I could because of this it's my psych-up day too! :D

At 1x10 @ 255, 1x6 @ 285 on the squat! Can't wait to break 300 in two weeks!

Your one rep max right now given these numbers if I'm reading right is probably about 330.

Back
Top Bottom