• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Khan-vs-Trump: Signs of a Cultural Divide

I'm sure that was the hope of the Hillary campaign. March out a guy, who would conceivably be untouchable because of the loss of his son, and allow him to tell complete lies about Trump's positions and question whether Trump knew anything about the Constitution.

How can such a person be ignored? How can such a dirty political tactic go by without response?

This feigned outrage by the minions on the left is laughable, as is the behavior of the people who work for Hillary at the MSM.

Back atcha, minion of the far right. The dirt is Trump.

I'm sure that was the hope of the Hillary campaign. March out a guy, who would conceivably be untouchable because of the loss of his son, and allow him to tell complete lies about Trump's positions and question whether Trump knew anything about the Constitution.

How can such a person be ignored? How can such a dirty political tactic go by without response?

This feigned outrage by the minions on the left is laughable, as is the behavior of the people who work for Hillary at the MSM.

Hillary ****s with the primary, hand waved and "muh rushins."

Trump crudely and boorishly, responds to criticism, all ****ing hell breaks loose.

Sharia law is mandated by Islam, Sharia law is 100% incompatible with the US constitution. Christianity has no such "Law" and no the US was NOT built on Christianity.

Despite what some try to tell you that the US was built on Christianity.

Back atcha, minion of the far right. The dirt is Trump.

Not even close. The facts are not on your side.

The man lied. He put himself in front of a national audience and allowed his son's death to provide cover for his lies. The Hillary for Prez campaign used this soldiers death to push lies.

How low can a campaign go? I guess with Hillary, we're going to find out.

Hillary ****s with the primary, hand waved and "muh rushins."

Trump crudely and boorishly, responds to criticism, all ****ing hell breaks loose.

When Hillary has nothing but the status quo voters obviously are rejecting, what else do they have. I guess using dead soldiers is now fair game. I find it repulsive.

Sharia law is mandated by Islam, Sharia law is 100% incompatible with the US constitution. Christianity has no such "Law" and no the US was NOT built on Christianity.

Funny do you even know what Sharia law is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_of_Islamic_law_by_country#Map

Funny how so many Islamic countries dont mandate it as you say... even in Saudi Arabia there is not full Sharia... go figure. Guess you live on another planet?

Sharia law is not 100% incompatible with the US constitution.. in fact I would say it is at least 90% compatible.

And yes the US was built on the bible and Christian values.. stop being in denial. The bible was used to justify everything from slavery to sexism through US history.

When Hillary has nothing but the status quo voters obviously are rejecting, what else do they have. I guess using dead soldiers is now fair game. I find it repulsive.

For me personally, you can't use your disability, unfortunate "whatever," gender, race, etc. to cover for criticism.
You want to dish it, you better be able to take it, full stop.

How many ****ing threads do we need to call Trump out over the same damn thing.
It's like a contest, to see who's the better person by getting mad at Trump.

Winner of this contest is none, looks like an army of virtue signaling zombies.

For me personally, you can't use your disability, unfortunate "whatever," gender, race, etc. to cover for criticism.
You want to dish it, you better be able to take it, full stop.

How many ****ing threads do we need to call Trump out over the same damn thing.
It's like a contest, to see who's the better person by getting mad at Trump.

Winner of this contest is none, looks like an army of virtue signaling zombies.

Agreed. And all by design, courtesy of Hillary for President, 2016, with a minor nod to Trump, who had little choice but to respond.

This is nothing more than a political stunt concocted by the Democrats...
As were half the speeches at the Republican Convention. What are you, new?

....with the willing help of a Democratic Muslim, designed to put Trump at a disadvantage...and, with the help of the media, it is working.
Trump is digging his own grave on this one.

The Democrats put Trump in a "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" situation. Trump played into their trap. And the media stirs the pot every day to keep the whole thing going.
As does Trump, by responding on his own Twitter account.

And yes, Trump could have easily avoided this, by not saying anything, or by stating "I thank Humayun Khan for his service, and my sympathy is with his family, even though I disagree with their political views."

Instead, he has gone on the attack, and has doubled down on it. As one would expect, from a thin-skinned tyrant.

Sharia Law and the US Constitution are 100% incompatible. You can not follow both. Period.

Newp. Pure fantasy land nonsense. Just as there are innumerable readings and takes on the Bible, so is there with the Koran. One can easily follow both. It's not a zero sum game. Not every Muslim can fit into the pigeonhole that you're trying to force them all in.
You either abandon a part of your religion or you defy the Constitution.

IOW, you admit that people can follow both.

As were half the speeches at the Republican Convention. What are you, new?

Trump is digging his own grave on this one.

As does Trump, by responding on his own Twitter account.

And yes, Trump could have easily avoided this, by not saying anything, or by stating "I thank Humayun Khan for his service, and my sympathy is with his family, even though I disagree with their political views."

Instead, he has gone on the attack, and has doubled down on it. As one would expect, from a thin-skinned tyrant.

No doubt that Trump handled this poorly. I've said that from the get go. And yes, the Republicans play their political gotcha games.

But that wasn't the point of my post. I was responding to the OP's contention that this is about some "cultural divide". Do you think the OP is correct? Or do you agree with me that this is nothing more than political tactics?

Back
Top Bottom