• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Khan Calls Out McCain

I can't be the only one who wants to scream KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN whenever reading this dudes name.

yes, I admire this man who is speaking out strongly for what he believes...it can't be easy for Khan due to the emotional backlash it must cause for him and his family

he obviously believes the good of his country comes first

kudos to him

Hillary brought up a good point in her Michigan speech yesterday that I YouTubed last night. To paraphrase: We allow partisan ideology to interfere with our better judgement. And, as a result, America suffers.

I believe Khan is appealing to McCain's better judgement and asking him to put partisan politics aside. R or D, it's pretty obvious Trump as president would not be good for America.

yes, I admire this man who is speaking out strongly for what he believes...it can't be easy for Khan due to the emotional backlash it must cause for him and his family

kudos to him

By supporting Hillary? You've got to be kidding.

Hillary brought up a good point in her Michigan speech yesterday that I YouTubed last night. To paraphrase: We allow partisan ideology to interfere with our better judgement. And, as a result, America suffers.

I believe Khan is appealing to McCain's better judgement and asking him to put partisan politics aside. R or D, it's pretty obvious Trump as president would not be good for America.

truth be told, I think even Trump believes that he would not be good for America

and that may be the direction he goes when he loses...because he will lose now

this thread is not about Hillary

and it's not about me kidding or not kidding or joking, we are examining his call to McCain...he believes that Trump is wrong and wants to stop him

he has the courage of his conviction

This thread might not be about Hillary but Kahn is a partisan hack that doesnt care about the country one bit if he wants someone to denounce Trump while he supports someone like Hillary.

No reaction from McCain given in that article.

I can't help but think McCain is privately laughing his ass off at Khan for having the balls to tell him what he should be doing given Khan's chosen path in life. But then...I might be wrong. McCain has certainly painted himself as one of the GOP Elites who is still pissed off that Trump trounced his chosen candidate...Jeb Bush.

This thread might not be about Hillary but Kahn is a partisan hack that doesnt care about the country one bit if he wants someone to denounce Trump while he supports someone like Hillary.

Not sure how you see it that way, but I certainly do not. Hillary did not insult the man's religion and say he and his kind are not welcome here. And, to be truthful, Trump's immigration plan is very unAmerican.

I know your head is probably too far up Dandy Don's ass to see it. But, we actually pride ourselves on accepting people of all religions in this country. Once you start banning entry to people because of their race, creed, religion, or poverty, building giant walls between us and them, you're no longer a real American. You've slid into something ugly and dysfunctional more reminiscent of George Wallace and David Duke than Abe Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson.

Last edited:

I can't help but think McCain is privately laughing his ass off at Khan for having the balls to tell him what he should be doing given Khan's chosen path in life. But then...I might be wrong. McCain has certainly painted himself as one of the GOP Elites who is still pissed off that Trump trounced his chosen candidate...Jeb Bush.

Chosen path in life? Yeah, coming to America, becoming a lawyer and having a son who died for this country has suddenly become a bad thing for the crazy people.

Okay, I have to admit I'm starting to grow weary of Khizr Khan. Yes, his wife was unfairly treated by that moron pretending to be a Republican who unfortunately is the party's nominee. But his 15 minutes of fame are over. Plus there's absolutely nothing noteworthy about a supporter of one candidate calling out others to condemn his preferred candidate's opponent. Plus if McCain rejects Trump, which I agree he should do, McCain should do it because of the vile disgusting manner in which Trump treated him months ago, calling him a "loser" and saying how he doesn't like people who get captured (something that will really play well if he was Commander in Chief and has to deal with his soldiers being captured by the enemy :roll:). McCain shouldn't reject Trump over this stupid back and forth, idiotic "Trump versus Khan" crap.

Good point.

kudos to him

No, the good of the Clinton Foundation comes first. He is or was on their payroll.

Chosen path in life? Yeah, coming to America, becoming a lawyer and having a son who died for this country has suddenly become a bad thing for the crazy people.

I was thinking more about him using a controversial government program that allows people to buy their citizenship to earn his daily bread. I was thinking more about his deep connection to the Clintons that goes back many years.

McCain campaigned for and was the most vocal and hard working supporter of Lindsay Graham, not Jeb Bush. :roll:

He's laughing at Khan's "chosen path in life"? Which part of his chosen path in life is amusing to McCain - encouraging his son to join the military so he could get killed?

Okay, I have to admit I'm starting to grow weary of Khizr Khan. Yes, his wife was unfairly treated by that moron pretending to be a Republican who unfortunately is the party's nominee. But his 15 minutes of fame are over. Plus there's absolutely nothing noteworthy about a supporter of one candidate calling out others to condemn his preferred candidate's opponent. Plus if McCain rejects Trump, which I agree he should do, McCain should do it because of the vile disgusting manner in which Trump treated him months ago, calling him a "loser" and saying how he doesn't like people who get captured (something that will really play well if he was Commander in Chief and has to deal with his soldiers being captured by the enemy :roll:). McCain shouldn't reject Trump over this stupid back and forth, idiotic "Trump versus Khan" crap.

There are many reasons why McCain should reject Trump. It has nothing to do with his twitter war with Khan or saying McCain was a loser for being captured. I believe Khan is referring to the other thousand reasons, but doing it while appealing to the Veteran in McCain, who should be appalled by Trump's position that "the generals will do as I say" and his other anti-American stances on several important matters. Just my opinion, I could be wrong and Khan may just be another attention whore out to sell a book.

I was thinking more about him using a controversial government program that allows people to buy their citizenship to earn his daily bread. I was thinking more about his deep connection to the Clintons that goes back many years.

Yeah, and Hillary is scum for defending the accused when she was a criminal attorney. Sheesh.

So if he wants to denounce a frothing at the mouth narcissist with incredibly thin skin whose whole campaign strategy is to be an gigantic raging asshole, he doesn't care about America?

this thread is not about Hillary

and it's not about me kidding or not kidding or joking, we are examining his call to McCain...he believes that Trump is wrong and wants to stop him

he has the courage of his conviction

You are the one who made the claim Khan puts the good of his country first ( which by the way is patently absurd since he is on record supporting Sharia law). My point is a valid one, whether you like it or not. Nice try a deflection though.:)

Last edited:
Yeah, and Hillary is scum for defending the accused when she was a criminal attorney. Sheesh.

Well, I said nothing about Hillary being scum...or even about Khan being scum...so I reject your strawman.

Are you now out of reasoned rebuttal?

So if he wants to denounce a frothing at the mouth narcissist with incredibly thin skin whose whole campaign strategy is to be an gigantic raging asshole, he doesn't care about America?

I think his point was that he was denouncing Trump while at the same time supporting Hillary. You can denounce Trump while also actively opposing Hillary. I do.

Back
Top Bottom