• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Khadafi says Hussein Legit Iraqi Leaders

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?id=2006032007457000000001&dt=20060320074500&w=AFP&coview=

Now, the issue I have with this story is

1. WHO the HE!! Listens to Momar Khadaffi anymore?

This guy threatened the U.S. crossed our paths, got bombed, went insane for a little while (becoming a massive recluse) and now is relegated to being the Muslim Cindy Sheehan who pops up and pops off just to get attention!

2. Why would an American Media Source like CNN give this guy even an ounce of airtime or credibility?

Do they truly hate Bush so much that they would stoop as low as printing the thoughts and opinions of Momar Khadaffi as anything seriously to be considered? Are they still trying to undermine the new Iraqi Govt., helping and hoping our efforts will fail over there just to 'show up Bush'?

Khadaffi is a joke. He has been exposed in the opast to BE a terrorist, to SUPPORT TERRORISM, and is definitely known for being a dictator! Is it any surprise to ANYONE that a (former) terrorist dictator and enemy of the U.S. would stand up for another?

HOW is this CREDIBLE NEWS?:shock:

With the continued reporting of such 'NEWS', CNN exposes itself for what it is!
:doh

easyt65 said:
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?id=2006032007457000000001&dt=20060320074500&w=AFP&coview=

This guy threatened the U.S. crossed our paths, got bombed, went insane for a little while (becoming a massive recluse) and now is relegated to being the Muslim Cindy Sheehan who pops up and pops off just to get attention!

2. Why would an American Media Source like CNN give this guy even an ounce of airtime or credibility?

Do they truly hate Bush so much that they would stoop as low as printing the thoughts and opinions of Momar Khadaffi as anything seriously to be considered? Are they still trying to undermine the new Iraqi Govt., helping and hoping our efforts will fail over there just to 'show up Bush'?

Khadaffi is a joke. He has been exposed in the opast to BE a terrorist, to SUPPORT TERRORISM, and is definitely known for being a dictator! Is it any surprise to ANYONE that a (former) terrorist dictator and enemy of the U.S. would stand up for another?

How is it not credible? It happened. They didn't say it was a good thing or that he was right. It helps inform Americans of others opinions of us, whether good or bad, justified or not. They also reports all the crap that gets said in Iran. Do you have a problem with that?

Yeah, I have a problem when we have such stories as new tapes and evidence to support that Bush was right on Iraq and WMD/Al Qaeda and CNN buries that story to report the opinion of a terrorist dictator, giving him more credibility and air time than REAL stories!

I have a problem when U.S. media runs stories making everythinh look black in Iraq when good things are actually going on!

I find it amazing that an on-going investigation showed that Russia was behind Pope John Paul's assassination attempt - something incredibly remarkable and actually news, yet we are running comment pieces from Momar Khadaffi!

I have no problem with CNN broadcasting to the world the comments of Iran's leader who says the Muslim Messiah is coming back in 2 years and he plans to usher in Armagedon to welcome him by Nuking Israel when it is relevant because he is a nyball working on a Nuclear weapon and plans to use it to start a nuclear war to end all wars! HE is PERTINENT and worthy of news!

Momar khadaffi, who has been a mental recluse since he messed with the U.S., got his house bombed, and went nuts and who is now speaking out hoping anyone will pay attention to his @$$, is about as insignificant as some Neo-Nazi saying Hitler was a nice guy!

easyt65 said:
Yeah, I have a problem when we have such stories as new tapes and evidence to support that Bush was right on Iraq and WMD/Al Qaeda and CNN buries that story to report the opinion of a terrorist dictator, giving him more credibility and air time than REAL stories!

I have a problem when U.S. media runs stories making everythinh look black in Iraq when good things are actually going on!

I find it amazing that an on-going investigation showed that Russia was behind Pope John Paul's assassination attempt - something incredibly remarkable and actually news, yet we are running comment pieces from Momar Khadaffi!

I have no problem with CNN broadcasting to the world the comments of Iran's leader who says the Muslim Messiah is coming back in 2 years and he plans to usher in Armagedon to welcome him by Nuking Israel when it is relevant because he is a nyball working on a Nuclear weapon and plans to use it to start a nuclear war to end all wars! HE is PERTINENT and worthy of news!

Momar khadaffi, who has been a mental recluse since he messed with the U.S., got his house bombed, and went nuts and who is now speaking out hoping anyone will pay attention to his @$$, is about as insignificant as some Neo-Nazi saying Hitler was a nice guy!

So you must think Bush lied when his cabinet said there was no WMD or connection to 9/11? Strange. I always thought the "Bush lied" crowd was liberal.

And Iran's leader is also mental in my opinion. Because these people are controlling countries, their opinions are valid news topics.

Hey man, if CNN isn't telling you what you wanna hear....there's always Fox.:mrgreen:

I'm sure they will make you feel much better about your views.:roll:

Kelzie said:
So you must think Bush lied when his cabinet said there was no WMD or connection to 9/11? Strange. I always thought the "Bush lied" crowd was liberal.

Where did you get from my objection to Khadaffi's comments getting more attention than the truth that Bush was right meaning I somehow think Bush lied. My post is that there is eveidence proving bush is right out there that is getting NO airplay by CNN (CBS had a special on about it and an interview - lasting all of 5 minutes around noon, I think, one day). so what led you top that incorrect conclusion?

Kelzie said:
And Iran's leader is also mental in my opinion. Because these people are controlling countries, their opinions are valid news topics.

I believe Iran's President is relevant because he intends to drag the world into Armagedon by nuking a whole country. Khadaffi, IMO, is irrelevant, has been for years, and will continue to be. Itis a smokes-screen diversion that gives this fruitloop even the smallest amount of credibility and attention.

Captain America said:
Hey man, if CNN isn't telling you what you wanna hear....there's always Fox.:mrgreen:

I'm sure they will make you feel much better about your views.:roll:

I know, I know - I have a remote and the choice is mine to use it. but the fact that media outlets are choosing what is important and what THEY want the public to hear boils won to a population controlled by selective media/reporting! The truth isn't getting out based on media companies run with agendas!

i am embarrassed to say I have a degree in Journalism! The media doesn't report the news anymore - like I said, they MAKE it! :(

easyt65 said:
Where did you get from my objection to Khadaffi's comments getting more attention than the truth that Bush was right meaning I somehow think Bush lied. My post is that there is eveidence proving bush is right out there that is getting NO airplay by CNN (CBS had a special on about it and an interview - lasting all of 5 minutes around noon, I think, one day). so what led you top that incorrect conclusion?

Well if you think there's evidence out there you must think that Bush lied when he said there was no connection. Or perhaps you just know more than him?

easyt65 said:
I believe Iran's President is relevant because he intends to drag the world into Armagedon by nuking a whole country. Khadaffi, IMO, is irrelevant, has been for years, and will continue to be. Itis a smokes-screen diversion that gives this fruitloop even the smallest amount of credibility and attention.

And the media disagrees. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

easyt65 said:
I know, I know - I have a remote and the choice is mine to use it. but the fact that media outlets are choosing what is important and what THEY want the public to hear boils won to a population controlled by selective media/reporting! The truth isn't getting out based on media companies run with agendas! :(

Very true. And right now, the public tide has gone away from the Bush administration in droves. Now, it is ok, it seems, to question the administration without the usual intimidation.

I suspect that even FOX will have to veer away from their agenda of pandering to the rightwing eventually.

easyt65 said:
Yeah, I have a problem when we have such stories as new tapes and evidence to support that Bush was right on Iraq and WMD/Al Qaeda ...
If such evidence existed, we could discuss whether or not you have a point. As it is, afaict, there's some new docs and transcripts out and you have some poorly drawn conclusions that are loosley based on these things.

We're having a discussion about it here: http://debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=9112&page=4

Last edited:
Somebody mentioned CNN...

Wasn't too long before the kneejerk Fox-basher posts...:roll:

This is a senseless argument.

In the Arab and Persian world, the rule of tyranny through bullets and poverty are the preferred method. They do not like the Palestinians, because they see them as every bit as creative as Israelites. They do not like the Kurds in Iraq, because they have consistently shown that Muslims can live in peace with other sects and religions while observing basic human rights and freedoms. The thought of western inspired freedom terrifies them, because it means the end of their corruptness and control.

There should be no shock to anyone on either side of the partisan slavery fence that a man like Khadafi is defending Saddam as a "rightful" ruler. Baghdad fell to the collective shame of every dictator, religious fanatic, and tyrant in the Middle East who prefer the failing mundane organizing tool of Islam or militant despot to western inspired democracy.

Aren't any of you able to step back from feeding off of the political master's table and recognize that the Sunni Kurds in Iraq and Israel are frowned upon by men who largely rule and oppress their people in the same manner? They frown upopn Israel, for all the reasons we are all aware of and are tired of hearing. They frown on the Kurds because.......well, there isn't a clear defined reason is there? There is a commonality between these two societies and the West! Can't any of you see that a whole Iraq where Sunni Arabs and Shi'ite Muslims work together and live in peace scares this elite? Can't any of you see why Iran, Syria, and Saudi are more than willing to do everything possible to disrupt any and every possibility of peace between Sunni and Shi'ite? The last thing the elite in this region needs or wants is a peaceful existence between Sunni and Shi'ites, without the rule of the bayonet, to serve as an example to the rest of the oppressed Middle East.

History has taught us that when ever a peace is to be agreed upon between two religious warring factions, it is always the extremists that disrupt such peace and further the conflict - Palestinian/Israel, IRA/British, Serbs/Muslims in Bosnia, Sunni/Shi'ite in Iraq, numerous countries in Africa, etc.....

Khadafi is merely rooting for a comrade. Like Saddam, he knows what is like to be a terrorist and to have been slapped across the face by people who will not be terrorized or stand for it.

Last edited:
Khadafi is merely rooting for a comrade. Like Saddam, he knows what is like to be a terrorist and to have been slapped across the face by people who will not be terrorized or stand for it.

I agree Gunny, I am just outraged that this guy is getting air time while our own media is putting the fact that evidence is in now that shows Bush was right about WMD and Al Qaeda on page 5!

easyt65 said:

I agree Gunny, I am just outraged that this guy is getting air time while our own media is putting the fact that evidence is in now that shows Bush was right about WMD and Al Qaeda on page 5!

Well, you wouldn't expect the media, after 3 years of over zealous bashing, to admit they were wrong would you?

easyt65 said:
... our own media is putting the fact that evidence is in now that shows Bush was right about WMD and Al Qaeda on page 5!

The real question is:
If the evidence actually indicates what you seem to think it does, why isn't the Bush Admin promoting it? Obviously it'd be in their best interests.

Perhaps the evidence is not indicative of what you think it is indicative of. IIRC, there's a thread about it here on the board somewhere. Stop by if you'd like to discuss it.

But, until it's established that it means what you seem to think it means, it makes your subsequent question/point where you compare the relative news coverage somewhat moot. If the evidence is not indicative of what you think it is indicative of, then there's not reason to suppose that the coverage of it has been underplayed.

I suggest that instead, your inferences made from the evidence are faulty. Care to debate the validity of your inferences?

Simon W. Moon said:
The real question is:
If the evidence actually indicates what you seem to think it does, why isn't the Bush Admin promoting it? Obviously it'd be in their best interests.

Perhaps the evidence is not indicative of what you think it is indicative of. IIRC, there's a thread about it here on the board somewhere. Stop by if you'd like to discuss it.

But, until it's established that it means what you seem to think it means, it makes your subsequent question/point where you compare the relative news coverage somewhat moot. If the evidence is not indicative of what you think it is indicative of, then there's not reason to suppose that the coverage of it has been underplayed.

I suggest that instead, your inferences made from the evidence are faulty. Care to debate the validity of your inferences?

Been there, done that - doing that. As there is already a thread on that issue, I will keep this thread focused on the fact that the liberal media remains focused on keeping the news out that Hussein is the rightful ruler of Iraq (according to another terrorist), that we don't belong there - never did, that the war on terror is a lie, and that the new news that will (*potentially - although finding a stockpile of WMD buried in Iraq would still not convice Bush-haters) prove Bush was right all along is being given the silent treatment because it doesn't fit their agenda!

easyt65 said:

Dear easyt65, ..That should come as no small surprise to you that the media would report that, ..Anymore than notice that Sadaam's own words for his defense "mirror" the very same things the democratic party liberals have to say in their denunciations of President Bush!!

Blame America first, Bush lied, Bush is the real criminal,.....all TYPICAL liberal democratic party behavior plus a "dash" of phoney civil rights issues to hide under when they ply their dirty work. :smile:

Unfortunatley for the democrats, ..there NO longer is a media monopoly anymore on the news, & THAT is what has divested the modern democratic party away from the majority! :smile:

Kelzie said:
Well if you think there's evidence out there you must think that Bush lied when he said there was no connection. Or perhaps you just know more than him?
Isn't is funny when a liberal is cornered, they always try and steer the debate to "Bush lied." It's not the topic, kelzie.

KCConservative said:
Isn't is funny when a liberal is cornered, they always try and steer the debate to "Bush lied." It's not the topic, kelzie.

I a) never said Bush lied and b) didn't bring up Bush. Keep trying KCC. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom