• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Keystone XL pipeline and its actual impact

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The Keystone XL was going to be a branch of the Keystone Pipeline that currently exists pictured below which is a Canadian pipeline owned by TC Energy that carries Canadian tar sand oil for Asian markets but was never built. It had many issues being built fo over 10 years due to environmental concerns and eminent domain issues.
_116610231_0de94ccb-ff39-4ae7-afcc-11e6b7f2d1a8 (1).jpg

For those of you claiming that this would have magically helped the situation we are in now and we wouldn't be in it if it was built can you tell us what the average "gas" prices would factually be

in us (currently around 4.25)?
in the world (currently about 4.90)?

if it was built.
*if the word "factually" by all means guesstimate and support your guess with something intellectual, economically sound nad how the XL would fix the situation

thanks!

oh yeah and for those that just think the pipeline was just "shut off" and needs to be turned back on, i wouldn't even post if i was you LOL

Last edited:
Can you tell us what the price of gas will factually be in a week?

Two weeks?

Three months?

Since you are asking others to make random predictions…

Can you tell us what the price of gas will factually be in a week?
Two weeks?
Three months?
Since you are asking others to make random predictions…
so Ill write you down as a no, you cant LMAO
if the"factual" part bothers you, please, by all means, guesstimate and support your guess with something intellectual, economically sound nad how the XL would fix the situation

I love when facts and my point is so easily proven, thanks!
I cant believe they thought that stupidity would work, so funny
😂🍿

Cause you cant LOL
at least not with anything that matters and supports the failed claims of the XL being a fix
Not can you predict what prices will be a week, month or three months from now.

Could the pipeline expansion have helped? Potentially.

We will never know because it was stopped.

This is the situation we are in. I don’t see what mocking others does to change it.

This is the situation we are in. I don’t see what mocking others does to change it.
How so?

Purposefully so.

It's your side that has repeatedly blamed Biden for higher gas prices.

It's your side that has repeatedly blamed him for not letting oil corporations drill baby drill.

So instead of whining and dodging, how about you start proposing solutions and, according to the OP, what effects those solutions would have? :)

The reality is that Keystone XL was never about domestic fuel supplies.
It was about oil refineries being manufacturing plants, and what they could source as raw material.
They cannot refine domestic oil, into fuel for export, so they were going to refine Canadian oil for export.
The pipeline was needed because only the Texas refineries had both the capability to process the tar sands oil,
as well as shipping capacity.

Thanks for proving my point again!!
Let us know when you can back up your claims in any legit way, thanks!
😁🍿

The Keystone XL was going to be a branch of the Keystone Pipeline that currently exists pictured below which is a Canadian pipeline owned by TC Energy that carries Canadian tar sand oil for Asian markets but was never built.

Something that needs to be printed out on slips of paper so they can be stapled to the forehead of anyone who starts blithering on about how Biden and Obama supposedly made gasoline expensive by stopping that stupid waste of a pipeline.

What it carries is not refined into gasoline. It cannot be. It gets turned into industrial lubricant. It could not possibly do what they claim it could.

The Keystone XL was going to be a branch of the Keystone Pipeline that currently exists pictured below which is a Canadian pipeline owned by TC Energy that carries Canadian tar sand oil for Asian markets but was never built. It had many issues being built fo over 10 years due to environmental concerns and eminent domain issues.
View attachment 67380265

For those of you claiming that this would have magically helped the situation we are in now and we wouldn't be in it if it was built can you tell us what the average "gas" prices would factually be

if it was built.
*if the word "factually" by all means guesstimate and support your guess with something intellectual, economically sound nad how the XL would fix the situation

thanks!

oh yeah and for those that just think the pipeline was just "shut off" and needs to be turned back on, i wouldn't even post if i was you LOL
Silly kids, facts are not for right wingers

they don't give a shit about facts and reality, just spouting their talking points and dropping steaming piles of troll shit everywhere. It's proven every single day, they won't refute this, it will be moronic one liners, deflections and repeats of the lies

View attachment 67380265

if it was built.

thanks!

Why did we need an interstate highway system when we already had loads of other roads? ;)

You seem to ignore the entire purpose of the XL pipeline - which was to expand capacity.

weird you made a post that doesn't really say anything or answer my questiont
Why did we need an interstate highway system when we already had loads of other roads? ;)
no a more likely comparison would be how would flights to Hawaii help with traffic in Pittsburgh 😉
You seem to ignore the entire purpose of the XL pipeline - which was to expand capacity.
If you think i did that (which i factually did not) then by all means actually answer my question, have at it tell us how a complete Xl expanding tar sands capacity would have fixed the country's and worlds issue . . .thanks

Silly kids, facts are not for right wingers

they don't give a shit about facts and reality, just spouting their talking points and dropping steaming piles of troll shit everywhere. It's proven every single day, they won't refute this, it will be moronic one liners, deflections and repeats of the lies
there are right wingers here that understand the facts in the OP

Last edited:
Something that needs to be printed out on slips of paper so they can be stapled to the forehead of anyone who starts blithering on about how Biden and Obama supposedly made gasoline expensive by stopping that stupid waste of a pipeline.

What it carries is not refined into gasoline. It cannot be. It gets turned into industrial lubricant. It could not possibly do what they claim it could.
This is not correct, there is no reason that tar sands oil cannot be made into gasoline.
It is all broken down into olefins, and then converted into whatever fuel is in demand.
This was first done to optimize oil output into kerosene, which tells us something about
how long ago cracking became possible.

it can be but its significantly more costly and takes longer and not worth it at all

would be like trying to make a polluted muddy bog into clean drinking water when you have stream water . . . .

but your point still stands, its asinine what some people claim and its stupid to think the XL is a "fix"

Seems the false narrative about the XL has died down, thats good it was making a lot of people look stupid.
Maybe Fox, newsmax and OAN backed off of it

good 'ol Joe

The Keystone XL would have delivered roughly 830,000 barrels of crude oil from Canada to the U.S. through the pipeline. Additionally, a labor agreement signed by four unions with TC Energy in August 2020 promised the project would have created 42,000 American jobs and 2 billion in total wages.

Energy’s report indicated the Keystone XL project would have created between 16,149 and 59,468 jobs annually for a two-year period, which is up from a 2014 report sponsored by the department that showed it would have only created 3,900 direct jobs and 21,050 total jobs over a two-year construction.

good 'ol Joe

The Keystone XL would have delivered roughly 830,000 barrels of crude oil from Canada to the U.S. through the pipeline. Additionally, a labor agreement signed by four unions with TC Energy in August 2020 promised the project would have created 42,000 American jobs and 2 billion in total wages.

Energy’s report indicated the Keystone XL project would have created between 16,149 and 59,468 jobs annually for a two-year period, which is up from a 2014 report sponsored by the department that showed it would have only created 3,900 direct jobs and 21,050 total jobs over a two-year construction.

LMAO tell us you know nothing about the keystone XL without telling us you know nothing about the Keystone XL, you should go back and read this thread slowly so your post doesn't look so stupid LMAO

LMAO tell us you know nothing about the keystone XL without telling us you know nothing about the Keystone XL, you should go back and read this thread slowly so your post doesn't look so stupid LMAO
here I will help him out
he needs to read some of these
this one if I remember right has info right from the pipeline company

The industry also falsely claimed that the pipeline would be a big source of jobs.​

When TC Energy said the pipeline would create nearly 119,000 jobs, a State Department report instead concluded the project would require fewer than 2,000 two-year construction jobs and that the number of full-time, permanent jobs would hover around 35 after construction.

it is a good read and as I said it has info right from the pipeline company
Have a nice day

Energy Dept report lied then?

Energy Dept report lied then?
you do know back when Obama first vetoed the bill for it there was a move to override his veto and it fell 4 votes short and 3 or 4 Republican Senators voted against the override.
and when it was first purposed the energy dept told the pipeline company that IF they would run it along side the old Keystone pipeline they would not go against it but the pipeline company didn't want that.
as I said there are a lot of links In that search you might want to read
Have a nice day

View attachment 67380265
And increase capacity with fewer and less severe environmental issues.

For those of you claiming that this would have magically helped
It would have helped, no magic involved. The pipeline was much higher capacity than the existing line. It was also in addition to existing capacity. The difference is primarily shipped by rail.

the situation we are in now and we wouldn't be in it if it was built can you tell us what the average "gas" prices would factually be

if it was built.
Pennies on the dollar. That is more than enough given the environmental benefit.

You were aware that XL was an environmental positive project, right?

Economically sound is a given. That was checked to death before permits were issued.

Environmentally, pipelines are better than rail.

Don't thank me yet.

I expect that you will board your dodge train shortly.

Why not. They have more facts than you can bring to bear.

The only reason it was shut down is opposition to the entire O&G industry. The project itself is environmentally beneficial and economically sound.

Back
Top Bottom