• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Keystone XL, Oil and Gas

Ralph Hinkell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Cutting off the Keystone I think is a huge mistake. First, 11,000 jobs killed with a stroke of a pen. More than 3 or 4 times that many jobs that supported those workers, devasted or will be gone soon. For what reason? They say these workers can go make solar panels. Come on, people aren't that stupid.

You will say the pipeline hurts the environment, but Canada is going to move that oil and will sell it to others. Or it will come by rail or truck, which hurts the environment more.

What about the price of gas? Whats it going to be like in a year? What about the gas tax Pete B is talking about. Isn't that a tax hike that hits the middle class?

I heard that almost 50% of New Mexico revenue comes from natural gas on federal lands. What's that going to do to their economy?

I am all for moving to renewable energy. But renewable technology is not at a place that it can replace oil and gas right now. I hope it does someday. Thats what the free market is for. When renewables are better and more cost effective, they will naturally dry up the oil and gas industry. Until then, this is stupidity and the government trying to pick winners and losers.

Cutting off the Keystone I think is a huge mistake.
Yeah - we got that the first time you brought it up. What do you plan to do about it? Overthrow the government?
Or just bitch and moan about it for the next 4 years?

Yeah - we got that the first time you brought it up. What do you plan to do about it? Overthrow the government?
Or just bitch and moan about it for the next 4 years?
North Dakota is doing something:

New legislation would mandate that the State of North Dakota ignore executive orders coming from the Biden administration that are unconstitutional

Republican legislators in North Dakota are taking a pro-active – and constitutional – step to push back against unconstitutional executive orders coming out of the Biden administration, and they are doing so with the power of the US Constitution in their corner.

A new bill introduced in the North Dakota State Legislature (HB1164), would instruct the state’s Attorney General to review the constitutionality of each of the executive orders issued by Joe Biden.

Under the proposed law, should the North Dakota Attorney General find that any executive orders are unlawful – or unconstitutional, the executive order would be “nullified,” it would prohibit any state, county, or local agency – or publicly funded organization – from enforcing the order(s).

The proposed legislation was introduced by State Rep. Tom Kading (R), and eight other Republicans in the North Dakota House.

Specifically, the proposed HB1164, enumerates the following issues for nullification:
  • Pandemics or other health emergencies
  • The regulation of natural resources, including coal and oil
  • The regulation of the agriculture industry
  • The use of land
  • The regulation of the financial sector as it relates to environmental, social, or governance standards
  • The regulation of the constitutional right to keep and bear arms
Additionally, State Rep. Sebastian Ertelt (R), has introduced legislation that would affect the same fate to unconstitutional legislation coming out of the Federal Legislative Branch.

Mycroft stepping out to support stomping on adequate COVID response from the state with the worst number of cases/1M in America. You go, Mycroft! "Ignore" executive orders is consistent with the dictum that conservatives "cling to ignorance". What a world.

New legislation would mandate that the State of North Dakota ignore executive orders coming from the Biden administration that are unconstitutional​
Republican legislators in North Dakota are taking a pro-active – and constitutional – step to push back against unconstitutional executive orders coming out of the Biden administration, and they are doing so with the power of the US Constitution in their corner.​
A new bill introduced in the North Dakota State Legislature (HB1164), would instruct the state’s Attorney General to review the constitutionality of each of the executive orders issued by Joe Biden.​
Under the proposed law, should the North Dakota Attorney General find that any executive orders are unlawful – or unconstitutional, the executive order would be “nullified,” it would prohibit any state, county, or local agency – or publicly funded organization – from enforcing the order(s).​
The proposed legislation was introduced by State Rep. Tom Kading (R), and eight other Republicans in the North Dakota House.​
Specifically, the proposed HB1164, enumerates the following issues for nullification:​
Additionally, State Rep. Sebastian Ertelt (R), has introduced legislation that would affect the same fate to unconstitutional legislation coming out of the Federal Legislative Branch.​

I've seen some stupid legislation over the years and this one falls right in that bucket.... Who the hell convinced these idiots that a state law could override the constitution of the United States? If the state of North Dakota believes an executive order is unconstitutional, they sue in federal court not pass some stupid state legislation. Of course, the executive order is not unconstitutional... good lord

Cutting off the Keystone I think is a huge mistake. First, 11,000 jobs killed with a stroke of a pen. More than 3 or 4 times that many jobs that supported those workers, devasted or will be gone soon. For what reason? They say these workers can go make solar panels. Come on, people aren't that stupid.

You will say the pipeline hurts the environment, but Canada is going to move that oil and will sell it to others. Or it will come by rail or truck, which hurts the environment more.

What about the price of gas? Whats it going to be like in a year? What about the gas tax Pete B is talking about. Isn't that a tax hike that hits the middle class?

I heard that almost 50% of New Mexico revenue comes from natural gas on federal lands. What's that going to do to their economy?

I am all for moving to renewable energy. But renewable technology is not at a place that it can replace oil and gas right now. I hope it does someday. Thats what the free market is for. When renewables are better and more cost effective, they will naturally dry up the oil and gas industry. Until then, this is stupidity and the government trying to pick winners and losers.

How much of this oil was going to be refined into gas for the US market?

New legislation would mandate that the State of North Dakota ignore executive orders coming from the Biden administration that are unconstitutional​
Republican legislators in North Dakota are taking a pro-active – and constitutional – step to push back against unconstitutional executive orders coming out of the Biden administration, and they are doing so with the power of the US Constitution in their corner.​
A new bill introduced in the North Dakota State Legislature (HB1164), would instruct the state’s Attorney General to review the constitutionality of each of the executive orders issued by Joe Biden.​
Under the proposed law, should the North Dakota Attorney General find that any executive orders are unlawful – or unconstitutional, the executive order would be “nullified,” it would prohibit any state, county, or local agency – or publicly funded organization – from enforcing the order(s).​
The proposed legislation was introduced by State Rep. Tom Kading (R), and eight other Republicans in the North Dakota House.​
Specifically, the proposed HB1164, enumerates the following issues for nullification:​
Additionally, State Rep. Sebastian Ertelt (R), has introduced legislation that would affect the same fate to unconstitutional legislation coming out of the Federal Legislative Branch.​
Nothing could be funnier than that. I guess they were planning on building all new oil refineries in North Dakota then?? Or did they think they could just have the pipeline stop there and empty out into the Missouri River?? Hey - that's a good idea! The oil is bound to find its way down to the Gulf of Mexico that way, and then they can just scoop it all up into a tanker and bring it over to Texas to refine!! Is that the plan?

Brilliant !!

Of course a German cares about a pipeline that threatens my own state's natural aquifer and steals land from Americans.

It's not your water or land, so what exactly is your stake in the pipeline?

I've seen some stupid legislation over the years and this one falls right in that bucket.... Who the hell convinced these idiots that a state law could override the constitution of the United States? If the state of North Dakota believes an executive order is unconstitutional, they sue in federal court not pass some stupid state legislation. Of course, the executive order is not unconstitutional... good lord
Happens a lot.

Hell, the Citizens of Colorado passed a State Constitutional Amendment that legalized Marijuana, even though there was a Federal law that made the substance illegal. And Colorado Citizens, because of that, have been legally getting high for years.

Happens a lot.

Hell, the Citizens of Colorado passed a State Constitutional Amendment that legalized Marijuana, even though there was a Federal law that made the substance illegal. And Colorado Citizens, because of that, have been legally getting high for years.

And Nebraskan citizens have been getting illegally high for that - thanks Mycroft I'm still enjoying my trip to CO from last weekend. :cool:

And Nebraskan citizens have been getting illegally high for that - thanks Mycroft I'm still enjoying my trip to CO from last weekend. :cool:
You are welcome.

btw, it's too bad you can't enjoy your high legally in your own state, but it's getting better across the country.

Back
Top Bottom