• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Key Tax Breaks at Risk as Panel Looks at Cuts

Goobieman

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Deficit Panel Targets Areas to Cut - WSJ.com

How quickly one recalls:
PolitiFact | No family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase." - Obama promise No. 515:

let me know when the deficit panel makes law.........
Maybe, rather than trying to avoid the issue, you could explain why the reduction of these deductions/credits are on the table at all...?

I think his point was that according to Obama's promises, these should not even be on the table.

it's a PANEL that will make recommendations. as i said, let me know when they make law, or better yet, let me know when obama breaks that promise.

Maybe, rather than trying to avoid the issue, you could explain why the reduction of these deductions/credits are on the table at all...?

how would i know? i'm not a member of that panel. and neither is obama.

how would i know? i'm not a member of that panel. and neither is obama.
Whatever it takes to defend The Obama, I guess...
:roll:

Whatever it takes to defend The Obama, I guess...

:roll:

nothing to defend, he hasn't done anything. as i posted, let me know when he breaks that promise.

Did you see the OP?

did you? this panel makes recommendations, period. and they might never even reach a consensus. much ado about nothing, at this point.

i have no need to spin. just look at what you posted.
Maybe 'you' should look at the link.

The items listed ARE new taxes... they ARE law, and the WERE put in place under President Obama. The list even indicates which ones affect people making less than the limit Obama set in his promises.

did you? this panel makes recommendations, period. and they might never even reach a consensus. much ado about nothing, at this point.
Yes... and, obviously, when we're talling about a veto, we're talking about something that's gone past that panel.
Do you expect The Obama to veto those hikes?

Maybe 'you' should look at the link.

The items listed ARE new taxes... they ARE law, and the WERE put in place under President Obama. The list even indicates which ones affect people making less than the limit Obama set in his promises.

the uninsured "tax" is a FINE, but assessed on your taxes. the failure to comply is a FINE. it is not a tax. and yes, i have to say, a tanning beds tax is a raise in taxes. lol...don't tan. that's an optional tax, so mine sure hasn't been raised.

At stake, in addition to the mortgage-interest deductions, are child tax credits and the ability of employees to pay their portion of their health-insurance tab with pretax dollars.

Any Senator or Representative who voted for such a measure would be out of Congress at the next election. If Obama failed to veto such a monumental middle class tax hike, even Sara Palin would be able to beat him in 2012, if his party even nominated him that is.

No, fugitaboutit, ain't gonna happen!

Dance, ballerina, dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a tax or a fine -- it cannot be both.

Hm. Is it a criminal or civil fine?

it can't be both, you're right. that's why i put "tax" in quotes.......it's not a tax. it's a fine.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…