• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Key G.O.P. Donors Still Deeply Resist Donald Trump’s Candidacy

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-fundraising.html?_r=0

“A powerful array of the Republican Party’s largest financial backers remains deeply resistant to Donald J. Trump’s presidential candidacy, forming a wall of opposition that could make it exceedingly difficult for him to meet his goal of raising $1 billion before the November election.

Interviews and emails with more than 50 of the Republican Party’s largest donors, or their representatives, revealed a measure of contempt and distrust toward their own party’s nominee that is unheard of in modern presidential politics…………..

To run a run for the presidency requires $1.2 -1.5 billion dollars……..and it is unlikely Trump will be able to raise that amount of money which is required……….

But more so, Trump has no ground staff in any of the states so far…….not even the battleground states…. How he expects to win a national election where the local media is more important than the national media without a staff to orchestrate a strategy or run a ground game and expect to win is “pie in the sky” ignorance……….

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-fundraising.html?_r=0

“A powerful array of the Republican Party’s largest financial backers remains deeply resistant to Donald J. Trump’s presidential candidacy, forming a wall of opposition that could make it exceedingly difficult for him to meet his goal of raising $1 billion before the November election.

Interviews and emails with more than 50 of the Republican Party’s largest donors, or their representatives, revealed a measure of contempt and distrust toward their own party’s nominee that is unheard of in modern presidential politics…………..

To run a run for the presidency requires $1.2 -1.5 billion dollars……..and it is unlikely Trump will be able to raise that amount of money which is required……….

But more so, Trump has no ground staff in any of the states so far…….not even the battleground states…. How he expects to win a national election where the local media is more important than the national media without a staff to orchestrate a strategy or run a ground game and expect to win is “pie in the sky” ignorance……….

That's funny the same things were said about his primary campaign. The guy defies conventional wisdom. Trying to pigeon hole him is like trying to squeeze water with your hands, you don't.

That's funny the same things were said about his primary campaign. The guy defies conventional wisdom. Trying to pigeon hole him is like trying to squeeze water with your hands, you don't.

Yes Donald is an anomaly with in the ranks of what has become the typical GOP primary voter......... Those who comprise the group of national voters is another story...........and IMHO will judge dirty Donald as a disgusting degenerate not qualified to be President.........

Yes Donald is an anomaly with in the ranks of what has become the typical GOP primary voter......... Those who comprise the group of national voters is another story...........and IMHO will judge dirty Donald as a disgusting degenerate not qualified to be President.........

I would agree, however the other choice is a corrupt, lying, murder that many consider just ad if not more of a disgusting degenerate less qualified. More than any other election in my lifetime this cycle is about stopping the other scum bag from winning. The donors keeping out will start giving after the conventions.

I would agree, however the other choice is a corrupt, lying, murder that many consider just ad if not more of a disgusting degenerate less qualified. More than any other election in my lifetime this cycle is about stopping the other scum bag from winning. The donors keeping out will start giving after the conventions.

I am afraid it has already started with the formation of a Victory Fund whose members comprise some of the biggest corporate lobbyist, coal industry, former Bush associates and of course a convicted felon from Wall Street...........

.......so the self funding thing has come to an end and now Trump is working hard to become beholding

My personal opinion is that people view the Donald as a giant bulbous hairy middle figure to the government, the establishment insider pukes, and all the do gooder morons. I have been known to be wrong. Like an old man once told me, we shall see.

My personal opinion is that people view the Donald as a giant bulbous hairy middle figure to the government, the establishment insider pukes, and all the do gooder morons. I have been known to be wrong. Like an old man once told me, we shall see.

Don't short yourself.............

I think you may be on to something

Back
Top Bottom