• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kevin Smith Is Making an Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai TV Show

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kevin Smith Is Making an Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai TV Show

A series based on wonderfully weird 1984 cult science fiction classic The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension is likely coming to TV, courtesy of Kevin Smith, and we have The Flash to thank (or blame, depending on your point of view). Read on, Hong Kong Cavaliers.

The source of this unholy tidbit is Smith himself, who said on a recent installment of his podcast that his directorial stint on The Flash was such a slam dunk that it opened new doors all over Hollywood. One of those doors was at MGM, a studio that found great success turning Fargo into a TV series. There, Smith was invited to discuss the possibility doing the same with Buckaroo Banzai.

Ok, that is massively cool. Kevin Smith is great, Buckaroo Banzai was great.

LOL I wish him luck. The movie really sucked.

Laugh-a-while you can Monkey Boy!

Love the movie, its a classic.

Laugh-a-while you can Monkey Boy!

Love the movie, its a classic.

I swear John Lithgow had to have been improvising madly will under the influence of a major narcotic cocktail when he was playing Lord John Whorfin.

History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark.

Home... home is where you wear your hat... I feel so breakup, I wanna go home.

I swear John Lithgow had to have been improvising madly will under the influence of a major narcotic cocktail when he was playing Lord John Whorfin.

History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark.

Home... home is where you wear your hat... I feel so breakup, I wanna go home.

No matter where you go...there you are

What was so funny about that?

Because, in an intricate, convoluted film (no exposition, you just are thrown into it), there is a scene that is a total McGuffin, a red herring, and a mystery...why is there a watermelon there?

It is one of those things that make it a fun film.

Because, in an intricate, convoluted film (no exposition, you just are thrown into it), there is a scene that is a total McGuffin, a red herring, and a mystery...why is there a watermelon there?

It is one of those things that make it a fun film.
Snot nosed high fallutin' hipster explanation aside, that scene was garbage. :2razz:

No matter where you go...there you are.

Greetings, PoS. :2wave:

:?: I watched it several times, and I still don't know! :shrug:

Hi polgara,

Don't worry if you dont get it, its pretentious garbage. Boring main character- too perfect, yet never shows just how good he supposedly is. Too many characters and a virtually incoherent plot that tries too hard to be smug.

I'm not surprised it bombed... and bombed hard. :mrgreen:

Snot nosed high fallutin' hipster explanation aside, that scene was garbage. :2razz:

The movie is one you either get or you don't. If you get it, it is hilarious from start to finish. If you don't, you are puzzled as to what the **** the people who made it are thinking.

The movie is one you either get or you don't. If you get it, it is hilarious from start to finish. If you don't, you are puzzled as to what the **** the people who made it are thinking.
I did get it- from the obscure Pynchon references to the Doc Savage homages all the way to the regurgitated quotes. The problem is that it was a pretentious mess that tried to be witty and funny and failed at either one. If some people liked it then thats fine, what I cant stand is that the defenders of this garbage sneer at those who dont like it and proclaim that they werent sophisticated enough to "get" it.

Back
Top Bottom