• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kevin McCarthy is demanding the head of the Jan. 6 committee, Rep. Bennie Thompson, preserve all records from its investigation

You missed the point.
I was stating the documents the committee already has. Not some record that the investigation does not have in its possession.
Well sure they have them, NOW. Will they have all of them when they have to turn them over was at question.

I mean, I am 100% sure that the Reps want to fine tooth comb these damning documents so they can poke holes.
They should still get them , even though I think it's frivolous.

This is odd, he seems to be saying Thompson must obey the law. No one seems to be sure what he means by saying," the records would be examined "with an eye toward encouraged enforcement".

Is this a bribe of a fellow republican collegue in exchange for a vote to be speaker? He claims they want to investigate why the capitol security allowed the riot. The answer may be in the secret service, but that was work the current committee would have pursued.

Odd too, we're figuring the committee will not exist in the new year but the records must be preserved.

Questions - What does McCarthy really want? Is this a justified use of time and resources? Since the committee is already planning on releasing all transcripts and materials, who will review the records for the purpose of examining capitol security on J6 in the new Congress?
And the committee will just castrate this cackling fool by releasing all of it to the public.

no..... it is time to tell this Jan. 6th committee chosen by Pelosi made up of lefties and two Trump haters that was a political witch hunt focused on Trump after her two impeachment hearings that did not end Trump's presidency.

It is time for this committee to shut up and sit down. Come January, the investigation will continue, and the rest of the story will be told that was silenced from the beginning while exposing a very politicized DOJ/FBI.
And if those investigations fizzle like all the rest of the partisan crap shows those assholes have put on so far?

Sure it was. The committee was stacked with democrats and anti Trumpers who have no future in politics in America. The republicans were not allowed to place their own picks on the committee. No investigation was done into the communications of the Capital Police and the congressional leadership on the hill, or the DC mayor or the refusal to utilize the National Guard despite the FBI saying it issued warning to the Capital of possible violence. The "investigation" was one sided, started with an end in mind and looked only toward that.
It's ok the republicans in the House will take a look come January.
I notice the democrats and liberal media have begun walking back some of the decisions regarding the committee, the Hunter Laptop, the southern border policy, now that they know they lost the House and their actions will be examined.

When the Republicans have the majority in the House and start investigations do you believe the committees will not be partisan in nature? Do you believe that McCarthy will not control who sits on the committees?

The committee on 1/6 is not a criminal investigation. That is the job of the DOJ.

Well sure they have them, NOW. Will they have all of them when they have to turn them over was at question.

I mean, I am 100% sure that the Reps want to fine tooth comb these damning documents so they can poke holes.
They should still get them , even though I think it's frivolous.

Guess McCarthy will need to form a committee to investigate if the 1/6 committee kept everything.

I highly doubt that any committee "destroys" documents that they have in possession.
This is all political bs playing the "what if" game.

Might as well ask Trump what the documents he tore up and or flushed down the toilet? :giggle:

I suspect that Rep A Schiff is K McCarthy's main target since they feel that he has lied. They really want to go after Rep Schiff hard. imo
"They" want to do whatever makes Trump happy and that means punishing Democrats for whatever perceived offense they can make up. It also means impeaching Biden and threatening to shut down the Govt. if money meant for Ukraine is not used to build more of the wall instead. Dems need to raise the debt limit now.

Sure it was. The committee was stacked with democrats and anti Trumpers who have no future in politics in America. The republicans were not allowed to place their own picks on the committee.
You mean the usual scumbags that do nothing but disrupt were excluded. Well of course. Order and civility, a totally alien concept to the Trump ass kissers, still has value.

Guess McCarthy will need to form a committee to investigate if the 1/6 committee kept everything.

I highly doubt that any committee "destroys" documents that they have in possession.
This is all political bs playing the "what if" game.

Might as well ask Trump what the documents he tore up and or flushed down the toilet? :giggle:
Pretty much the grandstanding I said it was.

I just realize it isn't the only thing.

As dumb as demanding documents from Trump?

Shit gets destroyed ALL THE TIME, with nary a whimper from those who agree. Phones, documents, ... Yes, they are SUPPOSED to be archived, are they? Always?
What silly argument are you attempting to make?

I rather think they were both grandstanding issues.

One was perfectly legal and based in good constitutional reasoning, the other, not so much.
Whether it's grandstanding or not, the advantage is still having both (same sex/interracial marriages) codified into law.

Whether it's grandstanding or not, the advantage is still having both (same sex/interracial marriages) codified into law.
If it was found to be on shaky ground with the Constitution, how would it being codified into law save it?

If it was found to be on shaky ground with the Constitution, how would it being codified into law save it?
By demonstrating the Constitution is not aligned with the will of the people. Then we can address that.

Prediction - if McCarthy wins the Speaker position he will give Marjorie Taylor Greene top billing on the GOP's team investigating the J6 panel. The Trumplican Revenge/Insanity Tour will then go thermonuclear.

Prediction - if McCarthy wins the Speaker position he will give Marjorie Taylor Greene top billing on the GOP's team investigating the J6 panel. The Trumplican Revenge/Insanity Tour will then go thermonuclear.
McCarthy may be dumb. And yes, he also stupid. And yes, he also lacks any principles or ethics.

However, at least one person in his orbit will understand and explain to him that the more prominence and exposure the slugs like MTG get in the GOP, the worse it is for the GOP.

By demonstrating the Constitution is not aligned with the will of the people. Then we can address that.
You could do that NOW Am i missing where you can't hold a convention and attempt to amend the Constitution.

Also, writing a law does NOT mean that it aligns with the will of the people. It means you had the votes to pass it, at that time.

Hell you could even go after the 2nd!

As dumb as demanding documents from Trump?

Shit gets destroyed ALL THE TIME, with nary a whimper from those who agree. Phones, documents, ... Yes, they are SUPPOSED to be archived, are they? Always?
I believe that would be illegal. Anyone attempting to break the law isn't going to listen to McCarthy.

It was a dumb thing to say.

McCarthy may be dumb. And yes, he also stupid. And yes, he also lacks any principles or ethics.

However, at least one person in his orbit will understand and explain to him that the more prominence and exposure the slugs like MTG get in the GOP, the worse it is for the GOP.
Maybe. Or maybe the GOP is too far down the radical Trumpist rabbit hole at this point to pull out of its death spiral. The Republican establishment got into bed with extremists, conspiracy nutters, and white supremacists thinking they could control them. Now they are fighting them for control of the party.

I think Rep. McCarthy is making a mistake. For starters, he had a chance to include "truth seekers" to the J6 Committee, i.e., Rodney Davis, but instead wanted to insert "partisans", i.e., Rep. Jim Banks, and "seditionists," i.e., Rep. Jim Jordan, to the Committee. And when he couldn't get his way, instead of changing the makeup of Republican membership, he pulled them all. So, he's in no position to claim the J6C is partisan or that it's been a witch hunt considering most of the witness testimony comes directly from Republicans, many from Trump's White House staff. In any case, holding an investing with the motive to draw some conclusion that the J6C withheld evidence based on what's been presented is ridiculous! What could they possibly find that would incriminate the panel? All that would do is create animosity within the House. It makes no sense.

Second, McCarthy and the GOP put forward their Promise to America and campaigned on reducing crime, improving the economy and making America energy independent, but here all they're talking about is holding one investigation after another over stupid things, i.e., not whether or not the information on Hunter Biden's laptop is evidence of criminality but rather how various (social) media entities refused to report on the laptop's existence. To which, I say "WHO THE **** CARES!?!" What McCarthy is trying to claim without saying it aloud is the White House passed the word to media outlets not to go with the story. He figures if he digs deep into the reasons "WHY," somehow the investigation will lead back to the White House. This could easily backfire of House Republicans because if these media outlets made their own decision as to whether or not to go forward with the story and they insist the White House had nothing to do with it, they'll end up looking very foolish, and House Democrats could say "what a waste of taxpayer dollars.".

Moreover, the FBI has already investigated the contents of the laptop and they believe they've found evidence of tax fraud and illegal possession of a hand gun. My understanding on the tax issue is Hunter took out a bank loan to repay back-taxes. The gun charge, if made, will probably get swept under the rug (i.e., a fine and nothing more). So, unless something really incriminating comes out of this, the GOP House investigation in the end may wind up being much to do about absolutely nothing. House Republicans are running a big risk of spending 2 years investigating BS and end up with nothing to show for it.

So, I see no upside to what Rep. McCarthy is trying to do. But, he'll go forward with his little games anyway because he thinks 1/3 of the voters = "The American People".

According to the following article they can.

They will be releasing all the evidence to the public too so the Senate can access what's in the public domain too.

I think it would serve better at this point to issue a report, make referrals as needed, and hand the whole stinking pile to the Justice Department, and the Special Counsel.

But with her as the chair, she's so dumb they'll never get anywhere. 🤫

Hi, TomFitz.

I took Congressman Kevin McCarthy's measure when Mr. Donald Trump left Washington in a snit, not even bothering to attend the inauguration of his opponent, and Congressman McCarthy was the first to make a beeline to Mar-A-Largo to kneel in fealty before his master. For all I know, he's even been trained to sit up on his hind legs for a doggie biscuit.

Woof!

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

He has always been like this.

And his ambition to be Speaker has been achingly obvious for years. He’s the only one who really wants the job.

The rest had quite enough of the talk radio right wing tail trying to wag the Republican dog. Obstruction, grandstanding, and stupid and often counterproductive stunts.

John Boehner and Paul Ryan had to be begged to take the job.

None of them wanted McCarthy. He was though of as weak, and grasping.

Now he’s the closest thing the GOP has to a leader.

This is odd, he seems to be saying Thompson must obey the law. No one seems to be sure what he means by saying," the records would be examined "with an eye toward encouraged enforcement".

Is this a bribe of a fellow republican collegue in exchange for a vote to be speaker? He claims they want to investigate why the capitol security allowed the riot. The answer may be in the secret service, but that was work the current committee would have pursued.

Odd too, we're figuring the committee will not exist in the new year but the records must be preserved.

Questions - What does McCarthy really want? Is this a justified use of time and resources? Since the committee is already planning on releasing all transcripts and materials, who will review the records for the purpose of examining capitol security on J6 in the new Congress?
He won’t have to. They are going to make them public.

Back
Top Bottom