• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ketanji Brown Jackson is the most popular Supreme Court nominee in years

NWRatCon

Eco**Social Marketeer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Ketanji Brown Jackson is the most popular Supreme Court nominee in years (CNN)​

Five recent surveys have indicated strong support for President Joe Biden's decision to nominate Jackson for the Supreme Court seat retiring Justice Stephen Breyer is vacating. According to an average of polls by Gallup, Fox, Monmouth University, Quinnipiac University and the Pew Research Center, about 53% of Americans supported her confirmation, with about 26% of Americans opposed. This is good for a +27-point net popularity rating.

If Jackson's ratings hold up through her likely confirmation, she would be the most popular nominee to be confirmed since John Roberts in 2005. Jackson's popularity should only help her in the confirmation process.

Having watched as much of the confirmation hearing as I could stomach, I'm not surprised. She's very impressive.

Talk about grace under fire! Although I must say some of her answers caught me off guard. She is a bit more right of centre than ai thought.

Popularity is a telltale sign of an inexperienced judge. No one who's been on the bench for any length of time and left a paper trail justifying difficult decisions on hot-button issues would ever be very popular.
She's literally more experienced than most of the recent appointments were when appointed, combined.

She's literally more experienced than most of the recent appointments were when appointed, combined.
Kavanaugh had 11 years on the second highest court in the land. Trial court experience is not particularly relevant to the USSC.

Kavanaugh had 11 years on the second highest court in the land. Trial court experience is not particularly relevant to the USSC.
Personally, I don't think Kavanaugh should have been confirmed.

Personally, I don't think Kavanaugh should have been confirmed.
of course not-you probably bought into the lies mustered against him by the scurrilous democrats

Let's correct your dishonest comment about the judicial experience

Jackson had about 8 years as a trial judge-less than 8 months as an appellate judge
Gorsuch spent 11 years on the Federal court of appeals-which is far longer and far more relevant than what jackson did

Kavanaugh was on the top Circuit court for almost 11 years-again far more experience than Jackson./

Barrett had three years on the Circuit court of appeals-4 times longer than what Jackson had in terms of appellate experience. She also taught constitutional law for approximately 15 years. That is an extremely relevant background for being a USSC justice

Popularity is a telltale sign of an inexperienced judge. No one who's been on the bench for any length of time and left a paper trail justifying difficult decisions on hot-button issues would ever be very popular.

Your post is a telltale sign of an inexperienced poster.

Talk about grace under fire! Although I must say some of her answers caught me off guard. She is a bit more right of centre than ai thought.
The U.S. is a center-right country. Obama and Judge Jackson could not be further removed from the right side of the political
spectrum than center-right and expect any chance of career advancement. Joe Biden's candidacy was resurrected by South Carolina
blacks and then pushed forward by center-right voters. The compromising resulting in the democratic coalition is that
it is center-right, and that is not even sufficient compromise from preventing Manchin and Sinema from being bought off to undermine
the POTUS of their own party
by wealthiest G.O.P. donors.

In Praise of Smoke and Mirrors - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com › infrastructure-bill-financing
Aug 5, 2021 — What kind of party more or less openly aligns itself with wealthy tax cheats? At the same time, however, Republicans insisted that the new ...

Ken Langone donated to Joe Manchin PAC after senator ...

https://www.cnbc.com › 2022/01/27 › ken-langone-donat...
Billionaire investor Ken Langone and his wife each contributed $5,000 to Sen. Joe Manchin's leadership PAC in late December.
Jan 27, 2022

He's qualified...and so what

He's qualified...and so what
did you ignore the post where some left-winger claimed that Inaction Jackson had more experience than the last few appointees combined?

did you ignore the post where some left-winger claimed that Inaction Jackson had more experience than the last few appointees combined?
Did you ignore the request to prove your positive claim up thread in which you stated "Slutnick committed perjury"?

Back
Top Bottom