• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ketanji Brown Jackson is the most popular Supreme Court nominee in years

did you ignore the post where some left-winger claimed that Inaction Jackson had more experience than the last few appointees combined?
Oh I saw it.i just don't care like you don't care when someone on your side says something.

Ketanji Brown Jackson is the most popular Supreme Court nominee in years (CNN)​

Five recent surveys have indicated strong support for President Joe Biden's decision to nominate Jackson for the Supreme Court seat retiring Justice Stephen Breyer is vacating. According to an average of polls by Gallup, Fox, Monmouth University, Quinnipiac University and the Pew Research Center, about 53% of Americans supported her confirmation, with about 26% of Americans opposed. This is good for a +27-point net popularity rating.

If Jackson's ratings hold up through her likely confirmation, she would be the most popular nominee to be confirmed since John Roberts in 2005. Jackson's popularity should only help her in the confirmation process.

Having watched as much of the confirmation hearing as I could stomach, I'm not surprised. She's very impressive.
NAMBLA seems to love her.

Ketanji Brown Jackson is the most popular Supreme Court nominee in years (CNN)​

Five recent surveys have indicated strong support for President Joe Biden's decision to nominate Jackson for the Supreme Court seat retiring Justice Stephen Breyer is vacating. According to an average of polls by Gallup, Fox, Monmouth University, Quinnipiac University and the Pew Research Center, about 53% of Americans supported her confirmation, with about 26% of Americans opposed. This is good for a +27-point net popularity rating.

If Jackson's ratings hold up through her likely confirmation, she would be the most popular nominee to be confirmed since John Roberts in 2005. Jackson's popularity should only help her in the confirmation process.

Having watched as much of the confirmation hearing as I could stomach, I'm not surprised. She's very impressive.
Awesome! Well, I'm glad she does well in the polls, because we all know that is an essential component on how qualified she is, especially after her lackluster performance in her job interview. It's only the Supreme Court of the United States, not that important.

CJ Roberts was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in 2003. President George W. Bush nominated him as Chief Justice of the United States, and he took his seat September 29, 2005. - 26 months.
Thomas. March 12, 1990 – October 23, 1991. 19 months.
Kagan. 0 months. Between 2003 and 2009, she served as the Dean of Harvard Law School. But, she clerked for Judge Abner Mikva of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit from 1986-1987 and for Justice Thurgood Marshall of the U.S. Supreme Court during the 1987 Term.
Barrett. 35 months. She was also a law professor and clerked for Laurence Silberman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit from 1997 to 1998, and then for justice Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1998 to 1999.
Gorsuch, 10 years August 8, 2006 – April 9, 2017. He also clerked for Judge David B. Sentelle of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit from 1991 to 1992, and Justices Byron White and Anthony Kennedy from 1993 to 1994.
Kavanaugh, 12 years, May 30, 2006 – October 6, 2018. He also clerked twice for the Court of Appeals and for Justice Kennedy 1993 to 1994.
Sotomayor, District Court, August 12, 1992 – October 7, 1998 (8 years); Court of Appeals, October 7, 1998 – August 6, 2009 (11 years)

Jackson, District Court, March 26, 2013 – June 17, 2021 (8 years); Court of Appeals, June 17, 2021 to present. She also served on the Sentencing Commission February 12, 2010 – December 2014 (as did Justice Breyer, the most experienced Justice by far), and served as a law clerk to Judge Patti B. Saris of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts from 1996 to 1997, then to Judge Bruce M. Selya of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit from 1997 to 1998, then clerked for Justice Stephen Breyer of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1999 to 2000.

Last edited:
CJ Roberts was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in 2003. President George W. Bush nominated him as Chief Justice of the United States, and he took his seat September 29, 2005. - 26 months.
Thomas. March 12, 1990 – October 23, 1991. 19 months.
Kagan. 0 months. Between 2003 and 2009, she served as the Dean of Harvard Law School. But, she clerked for Judge Abner Mikva of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit from 1986-1987 and for Justice Thurgood Marshall of the U.S. Supreme Court during the 1987 Term.
Barrett. 35 months. She was also a law professor and clerked for Laurence Silberman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit from 1997 to 1998, and then for justice Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1998 to 1999.
Gorsuch, 10 years August 8, 2006 – April 9, 2017. He also clerked for Judge David B. Sentelle of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit from 1991 to 1992, and Justices Byron White and Anthony Kennedy from 1993 to 1994.
Kavanaugh, 12 years, May 30, 2006 – October 6, 2018. He also clerked twice for the Court of Appeals and for Justice Kennedy 1993 to 1994.
Sotomayor, District Court, August 12, 1992 – October 7, 1998 (8 years); Court of Appeals, October 7, 1998 – August 6, 2009 (11 years)

Jackson, District Court, March 26, 2013 – June 17, 2021 (8 years); Court of Appeals, June 17, 2021 to present. She also served on the Sentencing Commission February 12, 2010 – December 2014 (As did Justice Breyer), and served as a law clerk to Judge Patti B. Saris of the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts from 1996 to 1997, then to Judge Bruce M. Selya of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit from 1997 to 1998, then clerked for Justice Stephen Breyer of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1999 to 2000.
except Roberts was widely regarded as one of the very top appellate advocates in the USA. someone who constantly argues high stakes cases in front of the DC court of appeals and the USA supreme court has far more relevant experience than a trial judge. As most supreme court litigators what they see as more relevant experience-being a professor of constitutional law-or being a trial attorney.

I pretty much thrashed that bullshit. In the things that count, she was far behind any of the Trump appointees
Facts never got in the way of a leftist saying something.

For God's sake, we are on a debate board where someone thought posting that she did well in some poll somehow equated to her belonging on the SCOTUS.

Someone talking I heard somewhere I don't remember.

I'm not even joking, that's where I got it from.

Should probably track it down and check it.

Found it, was a youtube video where it was claimed, and I quote "There is literally nobody, sitting on the supreme court, that has her wide range of legal experience."

I misremembered it as "more experience".

This video, to be precise:

Found it, was a youtube video where it was claimed, and I quote "There is literally nobody, sitting on the supreme court, that has her wide range of legal experience."

I misremembered it as "more experience".

This video, to be precise:

wow, now that clown in the video is really the sort of commentator that matters to me. he doesn't have a clue about what counts as relevant experience. and he is lying. He concedes she might have a LSAT score a "little above average"

This guy is worthless as a source of an opinion-and I have seen some of his other nonsense.
If Republicans were so hung up on Judicial experience, then why didn't they jump on board the Garland nomination?

Most experienced Supreme Court nominee in US history.
what bullshit. Most experienced supreme court nominee in history? He certainly had a long run on the court of appeals. but the most experienced in history?

He's got 15,000 posts.

You have 2,300 posts.

If he's inexperienced, what does that make you ?

Someone who really doesn't have an answer to his post.
I wonder if he will bow down and worship me then? :unsure::devilish:

If Republicans were so hung up on Judicial experience, then why didn't they jump on board the Garland nomination?

Most experienced Supreme Court nominee in US history.

Who said they were hung up.

Try reading the thread.

Someone said she was the most experience of recent nominees.

Which was clearly refuted.

Nobody on the right said anything except in response to the claim by someone who had zero command of the facts.

wow, now that clown in the video is really the sort of commentator that matters to me. he doesn't have a clue about what counts as relevant experience. and he is lying. He concedes she might have a LSAT score a "little above average"

This guy is worthless as a source of an opinion-and I have seen some of his other nonsense.

what bullshit. Most experienced supreme court nominee in history? He certainly had a long run on the court of appeals. but the most experienced in history?

Tell me another SCOTUS nominee - confirmed or not - that had more bench experience.

Tell me another SCOTUS nominee - confirmed or not - that had more bench experience.
don't care. the fact is-Jackson has had less relevant experience than the Trump appointees.

Who said they were hung up.

Try reading the thread.

Someone said she was the most experience of recent nominees.

Which was clearly refuted.

Nobody on the right said anything except in response to the claim by someone who had zero command of the facts.

All I'm saying is that the whole experience issue rings a little hollow when the most experienced nominee in history never even got a hearing.

Don't let him derail the thread.

The subject of the thread is that she is the most popular in recent history.

Now, given:

Given the strong partisan divisions in the country and the lack of useful information from the MSM, it's not surprising at all.

And the question has to be.

Who really cares.

Once she's on the bench, she's on the bench.

Good grief.

We let Sotomeyer on.

Talk about setting the bar low.

Back
Top Bottom