• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ketanji Brown Jackson getting the respect that Amy Coney Barrett was denied

YEs, the Op is right on.
Democrats have very short memories on how the Trump nominees were treated.
They were all highly qualified with impeccable character ( as is Jackson).
But Dems tend to be delusional- they think they're the good guys and the Republicans sre the bad guys. Black and white.

But this is the way it goes,I suppose. You treated our nominee like crap so ....paybacks.
It'll be interesting to see how the vote goes.It'll probably be split along party lines.
Paybacks.(shrugs shoulders)
It'll be very interesting to see what happens the next time a nominee is put forth by one party and the Senate is controlled by another.
The last time was Garland and the GOP gambled on a stall, and it worked.

Last edited:
The famous "gonzo journalist" Hunter S. Thompson once said, "Politics is the art of controlling your environment." The confirmation hearing of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson is about to vividly show what Thompson meant. Less than two years after the abusive treatment of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, the Senate is holding a hearing that is dramatically different in the treatment of the Supreme Court nominee and the issues considered relevant to her confirmation.

For those with memories going back to 2020, there have been striking differences in how the news media haved covered Jackson's nomination in recent weeks. When Barrett was nominated, the media ran unrelenting attacks on her and her background. Nothing was viewed as out of bounds, from her religion to her personal life to fabricated theories of prior assurances on pending cases.

From the start of the Jackson hearing, this is clearly different in both optics and approaches. Barrett was surrounded by pictures of people relying on the Affordable Care Act, a framing to portray Barrett as threatening the very lives of sick people. It was all part of an absurd claim (fostered by liberal legal experts) that Barrett was appointed to kill the ACA.

I objected at the time that senators wereradically misconstruing the pending case and that Barrett was more likely to vote to preserve the ACA. (Barrett ultimately voted to preserve the act, as expected.)

———————

Very apt comparison between the Barrett and Jackson hearings.
That's because Jackson is an actual Jurist and Barrett is nothing but a religious-right, right-wing thug.

I think that pretty much explains the situation. Please let me know if you require any further help figuring these things out, my friend!

That's because Jackson is an actual Jurist and Barrett is nothing but a religious-right, right-wing thug.
Daily chuckle.
OF course .Jackson is so splendiferous it's hard to fathom.
Barrett? she wants it to be like Handmaids tale!!

The Kavanaugh and Barrett nomination hearings were the liberal / progressive / Democrat's idea of what governance, review and consent are all about: i.e. ruthlessly and baselessly attack those who aren't of your tribe.
...A Truth bomb just exploded in here!!With the emphasis on baselessly.
#BOOM

Daily chuckle.
OF course .Jackson is so splendiferous it's hard to fathom.
Barrett? she wants it to be like Handmaids tale!!
Now you're figuring things out! Good for you, my friend!! Jackson wants to preserve people's rights, Barrett wants to take them away.

Pretty simple.

I think that pretty much explains the situation. Please let me know if you require any further help figuring these things out, my friend!
So the new narrative is that Barrett wasn’t actually a jurist prior to her nomination? That’s comical.

Now you're figuring things out! Good for you, my friend!! Jackson wants to preserve people's rights, Barrett wants to take them away.

Pretty simple.
Pretty simple…and false. Glad to see you demonstrating Turley’s point so splendidly.

Can anyone here provide an example of Barrett or Kavanaugh being treated disrespectfully during their respective hearings?

So the new narrative is that Barrett wasn’t actually a jurist prior to her nomination? That’s comical.

She was one for two years, right?

Pretty simple…and false. Glad to see you demonstrating Turley’s point so splendidly.
Absolutely true. If it were up to her, only Republicans would vote and people who get abortions would be imprisoned. You know its true. Quit lying. It's embarrassing to watch.

Nope, she's a religious right, federalist society hack. Also, I really hope Clarence Thomas dies soon. He's caused people a great deal of pain and anguish. I hope his death is painful.

Absolutely true. If it were up to her, only Republicans would vote and people who get abortions would be imprisoned. You know its true. Quit lying. It's embarrassing to watch.
Prove it.

Nope, she's a religious right, federalist society hack. Also, I really hope Clarence Thomas dies soon. He's caused people a great deal of pain and anguish. I hope his death is painful.
Classy.

Republicans can **** off with these moronic projections. All they ****ing do is project. Amy Barret is a Christian taliban nutjob with very minimal experience and who was actually selected by dark money because her nutjob views on guns, abortion, discrimination, just like Kavanaugh picked not for his judicial experience btu becuase he would be a right wing hack.
Thanks for proving the point of the OP with your unhinged post here. How much spittle did you get on your screen while typing this?

It's how I feel. He's a right-wing hack heavily influenced by his Jan 6th rally-attending wife. I think this world would be a better place without Clarence Thomas.

Such kind thoughts you have. It really reflects your personal character.

Pretty simple.

SQUEEEE
what size halo does Jackson wear?

LAFFRIOT!!

So you can’t prove it. I didn’t think so.
LOL- doubling down on your lame argument? Have you studied her decisions? Her public statements? I didn't think so.

SQUEEEE
what size halo does Jackson wear?

LAFFRIOT!!
Not saying she wear's a halo, just saying she's an actual jurist and not a hack like Barrett. Jackson will do her job and protect all Americans. Barrett will do her best to make sure that only rich, straight, Christian, white people have any opportunities.

You know it's true. Why? Because it's what YOU want. And you're celebrating it.

LOL- doubling down on your lame argument? Have you studied her decisions? Her public statements? I didn't think so.
What lane argument? Asking you to prove your claims? Which you’ve failed to do? That argument?

Back
Top Bottom