• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

*kerry Will Win The Nomination In 2008*

chesswarsnow

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sorry bout that,

1. Kerry will run and win the Democratic Nomination in 2008, in my opinion.
2. He will again ask John McCain to be on his ticket, and this time McCain will except.
3. These two politicians are cut of the same cloth.
4. Both can't remember what they said before, and will pander to the crowd that they are in front of.
5. This is going to be a great election year in 2008.
6. Who will be the Republican Candidate?
7. All this and a bag of chips, stay tuned in, and I will tell you.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow said:
Sorry bout that,

1. Kerry will run and win the Democratic Nomination in 2008, in my opinion.
2. He will again ask John McCain to be on his ticket, and this time McCain will except.
3. These two politicians are cut of the same cloth.
4. Both can't remember what they said before, and will pander to the crowd that they are in front of.
5. This is going to be a great election year in 2008.
6. Who will be the Republican Candidate?
7. All this and a bag of chips, stay tuned in, and I will tell you.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I don't believe Kerry will win the Democratic Nomination. He is a proven loser and even more importantly he lost basically on his own personality. He was unlikeable and wishy washy. It would take genuine stupidity on the part of the Dems to nominate him again......they're just not that dumb. The highlight of his campaign, in my opinion, was the story his daughter told about him trying to resucitiate a drowned hamster.

talloulou said:
I don't believe Kerry will win the Democratic Nomination. He is a proven loser and even more importantly he lost basically on his own personality. He was unlikeable and wishy washy. It would take genuine stupidity on the part of the Dems to nominate him again......they're just not that dumb. The highlight of his campaign, in my opinion, was the story his daughter told about him trying to resucitiate a drowned hamster.

Sorry bout that,

1. Oh I disagree, JF Kerry did garner a huge amount of votes last time, and in most political circles that is a proven track record of vote gathering.
2. And when McCain gets on his ticket, the Liberal Media will jump on the bad wagon, and try to propell them into office.
3. The Liberal Media loves McCain, they are his voting block.
4. Soon McCain will be informed he has no chance of getting the Republican Nomination, which will enrage him so much he will take the Vice President, spot on the Democrats ticket.
5. Kerry didn't lose all that badly in 2004, just 4 million votes less than Bush who was a sitting President during a war, which is very hard to unseat.
6. And seeing this is his last term, JF Kerry doesn't have to beat President Bush, he needs only to beat who ever runs against him from the list of Republicans, that I will point out soon who will be running.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Won't happen - McCain would be going from a powerful senate position, where he loves to affect policy, to a powerless symbolic office. He certainly isn't going to sacrifice his senate seat for the sole purpose of electing Kerry.

alphamale said:
Won't happen - McCain would be going from a powerful senate position, where he loves to affect policy, to a powerless symbolic office. He certainly isn't going to sacrifice his senate seat for the sole purpose of electing Kerry.

Re-elections are about the incumbent and not the challenger. John Kerry did not lose the election people decided they wanted the President to stay on the job and he won.

That being said, the biggest knock (and some people were dumb enough to believe it) on Kerry was the whole flip flop thing. Could you imagine if on his ticket he had a man who had just flipped parties? They would lose badly.

Who would he be running against?

Easy...Hillaty Clinton's nightmare...Gingrich/Rice. And they, regardless of which is pres and which is VP, will kick dem butt.

BubbaBob

Re: Who would he be running against?

BubbaBob said:
Easy...Hillaty Clinton's nightmare...Gingrich/Rice. And they, regardless of which is pres and which is VP, will kick dem butt.

BubbaBob

No way Rice would get the presidential nomination from the GOP. She's way to new to politics, no experience. But I like her as a VP...well, I mean I don't like her, but it'd be a smart idea. Not sure about Gingrich. Depends how well the US remembers they hated him in 98.

Mcain, Kerry, Gingrich, and even Hillary don't stand a chance. Mcain is too liberal for Republicans and he's too conservative for Democrats. Kerry has already been stereotyped as the guy who lost to Bush. Gingrich is stereotyped as being way too conservative and controversial. Out of all those guys, Hillary DOES probably have the best chance of getting elected...however, I don't think she'll actually win the primaries even if she does get the nomination. She's too associated with Clinton and sadly to say, most people in this country aren't ready yet to see a woman become president, although I personally wouldn't hold someone's gender against them.

I think the person that will actually get the Democratic nomination is somebody that most people haven't considered yet.

George_Washington said:
Mcain, Kerry, Gingrich, and even Hillary don't stand a chance. Mcain is too liberal for Republicans and he's too conservative for Democrats. Kerry has already been stereotyped as the guy who lost to Bush. Gingrich is stereotyped as being way too conservative and controversial. Out of all those guys, Hillary DOES probably have the best chance of getting elected...however, I don't think she'll actually win the primaries even if she does get the nomination. She's too associated with Clinton and sadly to say, most people in this country aren't ready yet to see a woman become president, although I personally wouldn't hold someone's gender against them.

I think the person that will actually get the Democratic nomination is somebody that most people haven't considered yet.

I've said this before, and I will continue to say it. If PAKISTAN can elect a female to lead them, I refuse to believe that a country as great as America wouldn't do the same.

Kelzie said:
I've said this before, and I will continue to say it. If PAKISTAN can elect a female to lead them, I refuse to believe that a country as great as America wouldn't do the same.

I think a woman could do just as good a job as a man, don't get me wrong. It's just, I don't think the majority of people in America would vote for a woman over a man yet...besides, Hillary is just too associated with Clinton. She really just wouldn't get enough electoral votes from the south and the west. She's viewed as being too, "hard" and too liberal.

George_Washington said:
I think a woman could do just as good a job as a man, don't get me wrong. It's just, I don't think the majority of people in America would vote for a woman over a man yet...besides, Hillary is just too associated with Clinton. She really just wouldn't get enough electoral votes from the south and the west. She's viewed as being too, "hard" and too liberal.

I didn't say you believe that. However, you are saying that America is no better on women's rights than Pakistan, which I take offense to.

Kelzie said:
I didn't say you believe that. However, you are saying that America is no better on women's rights than Pakistan, which I take offense to.

lol Come on Kelzie, that's not what I'm saying. Don't be offended...I'm just being realistic about how the majority of Americans think. I'm not saying they're all sexist per see, just that they'd probably still vote for a man. A woman like Hillary though doesn't have a chance of getting enough votes because of several factors. She's too associated with Clinton, her demeanor is too rough, and she's just viewed as being too liberal by most mainstream, small town Americans. She's not an extremely charming lady. How do you say? She just doesn't have a very soft and pleasant persona. Because of this, she just wouldn't be able to win over enough people.

George_Washington said:
lol Come on Kelzie, that's not what I'm saying. Don't be offended...I'm just being realistic about how the majority of Americans think. I'm not saying they're all sexist per see, just that they'd probably still vote for a man. A woman like Hillary though doesn't have a chance of getting enough votes because of several factors. She's too associated with Clinton, her demeanor is too rough, and she's just viewed as being too liberal by most mainstream, small town Americans. She's not an extremely charming lady. How do you say? She just doesn't have a very soft and pleasant persona. Because of this, she just wouldn't be able to win over enough people.

I could care less about Hillary. I don't like her much either. What does bother me is your continued belief that Americans think less of women that Pakistanis do.

Kelzie said:
... which I take offense to.

Quit being "offended"...that's a whiner's position.

If Rice ran, she would pick up a ton of Hillary's support...there are lots of women that don't nlike Hillary but who would vote for her just to vote for a woman. Rice would get that vote.

Rice would get a lot of the black vote who are tired of living on the democratic plantation, but who just can't vote for a republican white guy.

Rice would get a lot of closet dems that want a conservative but whose guilty conscience makes them vote dem.

And finally, Rice would get the vote of thinking voters.

All of that constitutes a win.

And finally, most folks weren't angry at Gingrich...the media demonized him and he backed out before irreparable damage was done. Smart move. I doubt you even remember what all the hullabaloo was about.

BubbaBob

Kelzie said:
I could care less about Hillary. I don't like her much either. What does bother me is your continued belief that Americans think less of women that Pakistanis do.

That's really not what I'm saying, Kelzie...

I'm just saying that most Americans would just still feel more comfortable with voting for a man...I'm not saying, however, that most Americans are fascist muslim extremists, lol.

But I do think eventually we'll elect a woman as President.

BubbaBob said:
Quit being "offended"...that's a whiner's position.

Here's an idea. Quit telling me what to do. :2wave:

BubbaBob said:
If Rice ran, she would pick up a ton of Hillary's support...there are lots of women that don't nlike Hillary but who would vote for her just to vote for a woman. Rice would get that vote.

Rice would get a lot of the black vote who are tired of living on the democratic plantation, but who just can't vote for a republican white guy.

Rice would get a lot of closet dems that want a conservative but whose guilty conscience makes them vote dem.

All of that constitutes a win.

And finally, most folks weren't angry at Gingrich...the media demonized him and he backed out before irreparable damage was done. Smart move. I doubt you even remember what all the hullabaloo was about.

BubbaBob

So you think the best thing a party tarnished by screw-ups could do is nominate someone for the highest elected position in the COUNTRY who has never held an elected post. That's brilliant! :lol:

George_Washington said:
That's really not what I'm saying, Kelzie...

I'm just saying that most Americans would just still feel more comfortable with voting for a man...I'm not saying, however, that most Americans are fascist muslim extremists, lol.

But I do think eventually we'll elect a woman as President.

And yet the fascist muslim extremists are more willing to elect a woman than us, according to you. How odd.

BubbaBob said:

Rice has a chance but I think she would have trouble winning over African American voters for her support of Bush. I think they would view her as being too conservative, despite being black. Rice could gain support from white males but not enough I don't think. So I don't Rice really has a strong chance.

Kelzie said:
And yet the fascist muslim extremists are more willing to elect a woman than us, according to you. How odd.

Um, well, I mean, I don't really know what goes on in Pakistan or most of the middle eastern countries. I don't really keep up with it. I will say though that if they did elect a woman, that's great.

George_Washington said:
Um, well, I mean, I don't really know what goes on in Pakistan or most of the middle eastern countries. I don't really keep up with it. I will say though that if they did elect a woman, that's great.

Eh, it was a while ago. And she wasn't really all that great of a leader. Tons of corruption, but then, what else is new for that area.

I think it's incredibly insulting to suggest that Black people and women will put aside all issues just to vote for somebody who looks like them. Seriously, it might break a tie, but nothing more than that.

Sorry bout that,

1. But JF Kerry talks so Presidential, don't forget that.:roll:
2. He mesmerizes you Democrats, with his Berra Tone speech's.
3. You look in amazement when he goes on a tirade.
4. Even thou yesterday he said the very opposite.
5. You liberals are dumber than dirt, and duller than dish water.
6. But you won't listen to me, so we're cool.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow said:
Sorry bout that,

1. But JF Kerry talks so Presidential, don't forget that.:roll:

No he doesn't.

2. He mesmerizes you Democrats, with his Berra Tone speech's.

No he doesn't.

3. You look in amazement when he goes on a tirade.

No we don't.

4. Even thou yesterday he said the very opposite.

What?

5. You liberals are dumber than dirt, and duller than dish water.

Let's try to act like a big boy and refrain from name calling, hmm?

6. But you won't listen to me, so we're cool.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Glad to hear we're cool. I was worried.

I will say that if I am going to ever vote for a woman as President, I want her to be hot. At least decently attractive. I want her to dress in ways that show off her figure. I am sick of women in politics being ugly and unkept. Jesse Ventura's wife is pretty hot, I respect him for that. Jackie Kennedy was attractive. But geezz, the women in politics nowadays are just plain ugly and they dress so matronly. Hillary Clinton dresses like a guy. If I'm going to look at a woman speak, I want her to look feminine. I want her to have makeup on and have a killer body. I want her to be glamorous. That's why I was thinking that if Susan Lucci ever ran, aka Erica from, "All My Children," I would definitely vote for her. She's rumored to be a Republican and leaning towards the right. Now that is one beautiful woman I would definitely support.

George_Washington said:
I will say that if I am going to ever vote for a woman as President, I want her to be hot. At least decently attractive. I want her to dress in ways that show off her figure. I am sick of women in politics being ugly and unkept. Jesse Ventura's wife is pretty hot, I respect him for that. Jackie Kennedy was attractive. But geezz, the women in politics nowadays are just plain ugly and they dress so matronly. Hillary Clinton dresses like a guy. If I'm going to look at a woman speak, I want her to look feminine. I want her to have makeup on and have a killer body. I want her to be glamorous. That's why I was thinking that if Susan Lucci ever ran, aka Erica from, "All My Children," I would definitely vote for her. She's rumored to be a Republican and leaning towards the right. Now that is one beautiful woman I would definitely support.

I really hope you're joking.

Back
Top Bottom