• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kerry & Rangle typical liberal hypocrites

Compatibilist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A couple more rich lib dems who advocate higher tax for wealthy... yet they aren't willing to pay their own fair share. This is typical and disgusting.

I believe Kerry ended up paying his taxes on his yacht if that's what you're implying. However, it is amazing just in general how many politicians or celebrities think they can just simply not pay their taxes. Who are they trying to fool? Well, asides from the American people of course. Actors... well that's probably just stupidity all by itself instead of dishonesty.

^ Yes Kerry paid tax... 4 days after his plan to dock it in Rhode Island was exposed. He bought the boat in March and people pay the SALES tax at time of purchase At least we peons do. RI is a state which repealed its boat sales and use tax back in 1993. By doing so, the senator most likely planned to dodge some $437,500 in state sales taxes and an annual excise tax bill of $70,000. I think Kerry is a smart man and knows and uses all the loopholes... at least those he feels he can get away with. We're talking nearly a MILLION dollar savings over about 7 yrs. Thats serious money even to kerry. Does anyone think it was a coincidence he had it docked in RI? What a ****ing phoney this guys is... from swiftboats to $7 million dollar yacht. An american success story.

I have to agree he was pretty stupid to think he could buy this big a boat and not draw serious attention. The JFK wannabe doesn't give a **** now that he knows he'll never be the kinda Commander he sought out to be.

Rangel is a whole different story of lib hypocrisy

^ Yes Kerry paid tax... 4 days after his plan to dock it in Rhode Island was exposed. He bought the boat in March and people pay the SALES tax at time of purchase At least we peons do. RI is a state which repealed its boat sales and use tax back in 1993. By doing so, the senator most likely planned to dodge some $437,500 in state sales taxes and an annual excise tax bill of $70,000. I think Kerry is a smart man and knows and uses all the loopholes... at least those he feels he can get away with. We're talking nearly a MILLION dollar savings over about 7 yrs. Thats serious money even to kerry. Does anyone think it was a coincidence he had it docked in RI? What a ****ing phoney this guys is... from swiftboats to $7 million dollar yacht. An american success story.

I have to agree he was pretty stupid to think he could buy this big a boat and not draw serious attention. The JFK wannabe doesn't give a **** now that he knows he'll never be the kinda Commander he sought out to be.

Rangel is a whole different story of lib hypocrisy

You're aware the swiftboat "allegations" against Kerry were what was phony, right?

You're aware the swiftboat "allegations" against Kerry were what was phony, right?

No... not completely. Kerry recd 3 purple hearts, along with bronze and silver stars. This has all been extensively covered before. But please remember treating dr didn't give any time off from duty as a result of "injuries". Kerry also didn't spend one night in hosp for treatment. However, he was sent home after 4 mos because of 3 PH rule. I can understand a drafted enlisted man taking advantage of this opportunity. But as an officer... Kerry was expected to set an example for those under him. If I remember right, Lt Kerry was in a class all by himself with regards to going home under these circumstances.

Both star medals were under questionable and disputed situations. According to several sources, he was awarded the silver star for shooting wounded VC in the back as he ran away. That being said, I respect his service mainly because he reported and served. He was also apparently under fire at least 2-3 times.

It's all relative when you consider blumenthal, bush, kirk, et al.... I know a lot of wounded vets [myself included] but didn't [and still don't] know of anyone who recd multiple purple hearts and got a free pass home without at least some kind of significant hosp treatment and time given off from duty. He had the option to waive qualification for rule but chose to leave his command and "brothers". If I was in his situation... I probably would have done the same but I had no aspirations for political office... and hope that if i did... I wouldn't have painted myself as a hero based on this record of service.

A couple more rich lib dems who advocate higher tax for wealthy... yet they aren't willing to pay their own fair share. This is typical and disgusting.
Typical as in this is the way most liberals act?

No... not completely. Kerry recd 3 purple hearts, along with bronze and silver stars. This has all been extensively covered before. But please remember treating dr didn't give any time off from duty as a result of "injuries". Kerry also didn't spend one night in hosp for treatment. However, he was sent home after 4 mos because of 3 PH rule. I can understand a drafted enlisted man taking advantage of this opportunity. But as an officer... Kerry was expected to set an example for those under him. If I remember right, Lt Kerry was in a class all by himself with regards to going home under these circumstances.

Both star medals were under questionable and disputed situations. According to several sources, he was awarded the silver star for shooting wounded VC in the back as he ran away. That being said, I respect his service mainly because he reported and served. He was also apparently under fire at least 2-3 times.

It's all relative when you consider blumenthal, bush, kirk, et al.... I know a lot of wounded vets [myself included] but didn't [and still don't] know of anyone who recd multiple purple hearts and got a free pass home without at least some kind of significant hosp treatment and time given off from duty. He had the option to waive qualification for rule but chose to leave his command and "brothers". If I was in his situation... I probably would have done the same but I had no aspirations for political office... and hope that if i did... I wouldn't have painted myself as a hero based on this record of service.

The sources of this kind of information are people who literally never met the man. People who actually served under him have said in overwhelming majority that he was a good man. The "Swiftboat Veterans for Truth" group was so full of **** that they got a political buzzword named after them. "Swiftboat tactics," using unfounded ad hominem attacks to discredit a political opponent. It's standard operations in politics these days, and its strongest on the right: make allegations to make the news. The fact that allegations are unfounded comes weeks later, after the damage is done, and the media does very little follow-up reporting because they're now focused on the next scandal, made-up or otherwise.

"Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

Allow me to interject a few comments if you would . . . .

As far as Purple hearts go, time off-duty, hospitalization or seriousness of the wound isn't a determining factor. As far as that goes, a person can have a self-inflicted wound (under certain circumstances) that is minor on top of that, and properly receive a PH. Bob Dole's 1st PH was such a wound.

As for the Bronze Star incident, a small handful of the approximately 35 guys (2-3) present had anything to say that was pertinent to Kerry not receiving that award. There were quite a few others who have come forward to dispute what those 2-3 have said, including some who were on the same boat(s). And, as with all of Kerry's medals, no one on his boat has disputed what Kerry/the Navy has said about this incident. Not everyone on Kerry's boat that day was part of his crew.

As for the Silver Star incident, you have stated something right out of the Swift Boat Veterans for "truth" handbook -- in particular, a shameless lie peddled by their spokesman, John O'Neill. That's the lie about Kerry shooting the VC in the back (O'Neill usually adds that is was a "kid" Google - shot that kid in the back O'Neill - and you'll see countless time he has pushed this lie -- something that is not supported by a single person present that day). So, no one out of the 25 guys present that day has said he was shot in the back. Several (actually, only a few would have been a position to know this) have said he was not shot in the back. It is a known fact (stated in the after-action report) that the VC was wounded. However, that didn't stop the guy from running, and certainly didn't prevent him from firing the loaded B-40 he was carrying. Would he have fired it? We don't know, as Kerry killed him before he had a chance.

I am one of the 25 guys present that day, and every time I hear this lie, well, let's just say I get a little perturbed.

One more thing . . . "He was also apparently under fire at least 2-3 times." Yes. Actually it was closer to 10-12 times, perhaps more.

Doug Reese

You 2 libs obviously don't know how the military works and I would be amazed if either of you are combat vets of the Vietnam War.

First off a US officer could shoot just about any vietnamese [in a rural area] and claim they were VC... and get away with it. Especially on night patrol. Officers in charge of a patrol were rarely questioned or scrutinized mostly because Many wrote up their own after-action reports. Kerry was no exception. Secondly Kerry was the "captain" of his own little swift boat and was in charge of everyone on the boat. At the time... there was no good outcome to dispute his version of anything [he claimed] occurred. Later, he was a powerful politician and of course any "avg joe" would like nothing better than to get close to him. Even better if it made yourself look like you were constantly in combat situations and supported a US senator. There is a lot of incentive and motivation for his crew to support him and nothing to dispute but hardship... Do you think you [as joe schmo]would call a senator running for president a liar??? He didn't have any other officers near him when any of these incidents happened.... and his superiors thoroughly questioned the veracity of his repts.

It's a good thing he had the media on his side or else it would have taken a much worse course than it did. There are worse things to happen to a senator then lose a presidential race.

In the end... the navy rarely admits they make mistakes, much less give out these kinds of medals erronously to a us senator running for president. Kerry's receipt of THREE purple hearts for scratches is an insult to all who truely earned one PH. Practically everything he did in the short time he was there... was to make himself look like the new JFK.

Last edited:
You 2 libs obviously don't know how the military works and I would be amazed if either of you are combat vets of the Vietnam War.

First off a US officer could shoot just about any vietnamese [in a rural area] and claim they were VC... and get away with it. Especially on night patrol. Officers in charge of a patrol were rarely questioned or scrutinized mostly because Many wrote up their own after-action reports. Kerry was no exception. Secondly Kerry was the "captain" of his own little swift boat and was in charge of everyone on the boat. At the time... there was no good outcome to dispute his version of anything [he claimed] occurred. Later, he was a powerful politician and of course any "avg joe" would like nothing better than to get close to him. Even better if it made yourself look like you were constantly in combat situations and supported a US senator. There is a lot of incentive and motivation for his crew to support him and nothing to dispute but hardship... Do you think you [as joe schmo]would call a senator running for president a liar??? He didn't have any other officers near him when any of these incidents happened.... and his superiors thoroughly questioned the veracity of his repts.

It's a good thing he had the media on his side or else it would have taken a much worse course than it did. There are worse things to happen to a senator then lose a presidential race.

In the end... the navy rarely admits they make mistakes, much less give out these kinds of medals erronously to a us senator running for president. Kerry's receipt of THREE purple hearts for scratches is an insult to all who truely earned one PH. Practically everything he did in the short time he was there... was to make himself look like the new JFK.
So, all 25 of us are liars, is that what you're saying? Please let me know if I'm reading this wrong.

This "villager" (in the Silver Star incident) just happened to be carrying a loaded B-40.

Doug Reese

So "DougResse" first npost here at BL is to claim he was with Kerry and knows first hand what happend on one of the incidents. Anyone can claim to be anyone they choose... but your claim is highly suspect considering this is your 1st post even though you have been a member for months???

The topic is Kerry avoiding taxes he advocate and expects others [in his income class] to pay. Typical liberal tactic to move away from issue at hand... to something else. How did you get from taxes to combat?

Last edited:
So "DougResse" first npost here at BL is to claim he was with Kerry and knows first hand what happend on one of the incidents. Anyone can claim to be anyone they choose... but your claim is highly suspect considering this is your 1st post even though you have been a member for months???

The topic is Kerry avoiding taxes he advocate and expects others [in his income class] to pay. Typical liberal tactic to move away from issue at hand... to something else. How did you get from taxes to combat?
Typical response from a Kerry-hater -- try to deny I am who-I-am.

How did I get from taxes to combat? Sorry pal, it was you who brought this up, not me.

And if all you can do to debate the facts of the matter, after tossing out a few blatant lies, is to claim that everyone is sucking up to Kerry, or that they are phonies . . . . be my guest. You're the one who will look foolish, not me.

Doug Reese

Typical response from a Kerry-hater -- try to deny I am who-I-am.

How did I get from taxes to combat? Sorry pal, it was you who brought this up, not me.

And if all you can do to debate the facts of the matter, after tossing out a few blatant lies, is to claim that everyone is sucking up to Kerry, or that they are phonies . . . . be my guest. You're the one who will look foolish, not me.

Doug Reese

No you're the one who looks foolish and bogus...

I made a statement... What a ****ing phoney this guys is... from swiftboats to $7 million dollar yacht. Your buddy takes that one statement [out of context] and baits the hook for which I mistakingly took a bite. Then you jump in from out of no where claiming to be someone who was there. Forget Vietnam... Your hero is a hypocrate who wants everyone in his income class to pay higher taxes but himself. Where theres smoke... theres fire... old cliche but true.

No you're the one who looks foolish and bogus...

I made a statement... What a ****ing phoney this guys is... from swiftboats to $7 million dollar yacht. Your buddy takes that one statement [out of context] and baits the hook for which I mistakingly took a bite. Then you jump in from out of no where claiming to be someone who was there. Forget Vietnam... Your hero is a hypocrate who wants everyone in his income class to pay higher taxes but himself. Where theres smoke... theres fire... old cliche but true.
Problem is . . . I'm not bogus . . .

Doug Reese

PS. Forget Vietnam? You obviously weren't there.

4th infantry division Camp Radcliff An khe- 1970-, detached to security company Phu Tai-71. PH for wounds sustained near Phu Tai- feb 71. 60% service connected.

4th infantry division Camp Radcliff An khe- 1970-, detached to security company Phu Tai-71. PH for wounds sustained near Phu Tai- feb 71. 60% service connected.
Welcome home . . . . so, you haven't forgotten . . .

Doug Reese

I agree, but I hope you don't think that Liberals are the only people who don't pay their own "fair share" of taxes.

I agree, but I hope you don't think that Liberals are the only people who don't pay their own "fair share" of taxes.

No I don't... but these two highly visable libs are in the news and was reason for thread. I'll be more than happy to discuss the next time other side gets caught. The difference is both these guys advocate higher taxes for wealthy to help the country towards economic growth. They are rich and aren't practicing what they preach.

Back
Top Bottom