• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kerry-- not so bright after all.

Squawker

Professor
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Is this what Kerry was trying to hide? He strutted around and implied he was a lot more intelligent than President Bush, all the while knowing the truth. He must have been laughing at the chumps who believed it. I wonder what else he is hiding from us.

BOSTON (AP) — Sen. John F. Kerry's grade average at Yale University was virtually identical to President Bush's record there, despite repeated portrayals of Kerry as the more intellectual candidate during the 2004 presidential campaign.
Kerry had a cumulative average of 76 and got four Ds his freshman year — in geology, two history courses and political science, The Boston Globe reported Tuesday.
His grades improved with time, and he averaged an 81 his senior year and earned an 89 — his highest grade — in political science as a senior.
"I always told my dad that D stood for distinction," Kerry said in a written response to reporters' questions. He said he has previously acknowledged focusing more on learning to fly than studying.
Under Yale's grading system in effect at the time, grades between 90 and 100 equaled an A, 80-89 a B, 70-79 a C, 60 to 69 a D, and anything below that was a failing grade.
In 1999, The New Yorker magazine published a transcript showing Bush had a cumulative grade average of 77 his first three years at Yale, and a similar average under a non-numerical rating system his senior year.
Bush's highest grade at Yale was an 88 in anthropology, history and philosophy. He received one D in his four years, a 69 in astronomy, and improved his grades after his freshman year, the transcript showed.
Kerry, a Democrat, previously declined to release the transcript, which was included in his Navy records. He gave the Navy permission to release the documents last month, the Globe reported.
Kerry graduated from Yale in 1966, Bush in 1968.
Source

Still don't like the guy, but honestly, who can form sentences better? Yeah, that's about what I thought. Its not nucular science...oops, I just did a bush-ism.

Still don't like the guy, but honestly, who can form sentences better? Yeah, that's about what I thought. Its not nucular science...oops, I just did a bush-ism.
That seems to be all it takes to get the Democrats to back their guy. Con men are always smooth talkers, so that answers that question. If I had a bunch of left leaning media types watching my every word, so they could make fun of it, I would be tongue tied too. The thing that got me about Kerry and his liberal supporters was their superior attitude. They were so far above President Bush and Republicans. I find this the most disturbing trait of liberals. It gives them a built in excuse to ignore other peoples’ opinion. Our Maine liberals are persistently over ruling the will of the people, because they think they know best. The real truth is, they feel very inadequate and have to put others down to “feel” superior. They don’t even realize people can see through their act, and it makes them look childish. I guess they can fool some of the people some of the time, so they continue to cater to the people who think the same as they do. It would be quite comical, if it wasn’t so pathetic. President Bush has had only good things to say about the Clintons, and Hillary felt she had to put him down to an audience of liberal supporters. That is all it takes to get money out of them evidently.

And I don't like Hillary, so there.

Back
Top Bottom