• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kerry did worse at Yale than Bush!

galenrox said:
As far as whether or not we elect geniuses to be president, it's a sad day now that you think that being a genius is no longer a prerequisit to being president.

It never was and I can think of many people who were geniuses who I probably would never have voted for for president.

And as far as Bill Clinton and Wesley Clark, both of them were Rhode Scholars,

Not necessarily the mark of a genius and in Clintons case more a mark of political connections. And as for Clinton he did not graduate, left early, why was that?

which is the most prestigious scholarship in this country,

Ahh it's in England not here.

and I think only like 40 people in the country win that scholarship each year, so yes, they are geniuses.

Not necessarly requirements are

• literary and scholastic attainments;
  • energy to use one's talents to the full, as exemplified by fondness for and success in sports;
  • truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship;
  • moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one's fellow beings.
, but can you give me any adult acheivements of Bill Clinton that support your claim that he is a genius? I do note that he failed in the truth and moral parts later in life.

Back
Top Bottom