• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kentucky Senate Poll Alison Lundergan Grimes Serious Threat To Mitch McConnell

According to the survey -- conducted by the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling on behalf of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee and Democracy For America
:lamo:lamo:lamo

PPP has a stellar track record.

PPP nailed it - POLITICO.com

How the pollsters won the 2012 US election, mostly | Harry J Enten | Comment is free | theguardian.com

PPP's Election Predictions Matches Nate Silver - Business Insider

How Did Pollsters Fare on Election Night? - Washington Wire - WSJ

Lefties generally don't rely on a platform of lies and deception to get through politics. This probably confuses you when you see right-wing sources can rarely be trusted but left wing sources are generally pretty close to the truth or dead on accurate.

Lefties generally don't rely on a platform of lies and deception to get through politics.
:lamo :lamo :lamo
Yes they do.
Equal too or more so than their counter part.

:lamo :lamo :lamo
Yes they do.
Equal too or more so than their counter part.

Too bad there isn't a scientific study that lays out overall statistics on this. I bet the score would be at least 3 to 1 if not 7 to 1 in favor of lefties being more honest in their arguments. A lot of conservative politics involve "beliefs". When these beliefs don't match up with reality they have no choice but to start stretching things to make the connections. I think this is what inherently leads to dishonest or out of touch arguments that stink.

Too bad there isn't a scientific study that lays out overall statistics on this. I bet the score would be at least 3 to 1 if not 7 to 1 in favor of lefties being more honest in their arguments. A lot of conservative politics involve "beliefs". When these beliefs don't match up with reality they have no choice but to start stretching things to make the connections. I think this is what inherently leads to dishonest or out of touch arguments that stink.
It is equal too or more so than their counter part.

We'll see. Allison Lundergan Grimes is definitely a better candidate than Lunsford was, but I doubt she'll win. Lunsford lost by 6% in a 7% national Democratic presidential election year. It'll be even harder in a low turnout midterm that will almost definitely not be as Democratic as 2008. Plus the fact that McConnell is one of the most prolific fundraisers ever.

PPP has a stellar track record.

PPP nailed it - POLITICO.com

How the pollsters won the 2012 US election, mostly | Harry J Enten | Comment is free | theguardian.com

PPP's Election Predictions Matches Nate Silver - Business Insider

How Did Pollsters Fare on Election Night? - Washington Wire - WSJ

Lefties generally don't rely on a platform of lies and deception to get through politics. This probably confuses you when you see right-wing sources can rarely be trusted but left wing sources are generally pretty close to the truth or dead on accurate.

Wow, you must be kidding. The entire left wing platform requires deception to implement at all. Right from the get go, the lefties disagree with the Constitution. Off to a bad start, I'd say.

Wow, you must be kidding. The entire left wing platform requires deception to implement at all. Right from the get go, the lefties disagree with the Constitution. Off to a bad start, I'd say.

Well being that conservatives are the party of doing what we did yesterday and liberals are the party of lets do things different tomorrow, of course the constitution is going to be an issue because its yesterday's document. This goes along with my characterization of conservatives and belief systems. You're implying the constitution is perfect or should be adhered to without question. That's a belief.

Well being that conservatives are the party of doing what we did yesterday and liberals are the party of lets do things different tomorrow, of course the constitution is going to be an issue because its yesterday's document. This goes along with my characterization of conservatives and belief systems. You're implying the constitution is perfect or should be adhered to without question. That's a belief.

What is there is the Constitution, as it exists today, do you take issue with?

What is there is the Constitution, as it exists today, do you take issue with?

I don't necessarily have any problems with the constitution, I'm not a legal scholar. I was responding to the complaint about liberals not following the constitution. I don't believe it should be blindly adhered to just because its the constitution. If we find better ways of doing things and it is in conflict with the constitution we should carefully review WHY this is occurring and use that to make an informed decision about whether to proceed with straying from it.

I don't necessarily have any problems with the constitution, I'm not a legal scholar. I was responding to the complaint about liberals not following the constitution. I don't believe it should be blindly adhered to just because its the constitution. If we find better ways of doing things and it is in conflict with the constitution we should carefully review WHY this is occurring and use that to make an informed decision about whether to proceed with straying from it.

IOW, we should use the amendment process if necessary, not judicial activism...

IOW, we should use the amendment process if necessary, not judicial activism...

Which would result in almost nothing changing which is what you want, right?

Which would result in almost nothing changing which is what you want, right?

No, my thinking is that if the issue is important enough, we will and should change our governing document, but if it's not, then shopping the issue to the courts is simply bastardizing that document leading to the divisiveness we see today...

We'll see. Allison Lundergan Grimes is definitely a better candidate than Lunsford was, but I doubt she'll win. Lunsford lost by 6% in a 7% national Democratic presidential election year. It'll be even harder in a low turnout midterm that will almost definitely not be as Democratic as 2008. Plus the fact that McConnell is one of the most prolific fundraisers ever.
Of course, she's much better looking than turtle-guy. That has to count for something. :)

While I too have much disgust for McConnell, replacing him with a Conservative is the answer,
not this twit the dems are running out there.
One of the two leading Democratic families in Kentucky, with popular Gov. Beshear being the other.
Gov. Beshear of KYnect (ACA) fame as to its immense popularity.
The same KYnect that McTurtle tried to hand the microphone to Sen. Paul when asked a direct question.
Look for pitdog Paul to go after Clinton's BJ again. :mrgreen:

By the way V, since we have a sig on the line with the Senate,
look at the relationships of all governors to the 36 Senate races, whether they're running or not .

According to the survey -- conducted by the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling on behalf of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee and Democracy For America
:lamo:lamo:lamo

I'm just :lamo at a conservative accusing democrats of bad/biased polling. Does no one but me remember 'skewed polls' from just two years ago? Good grief, there was an entire right wing polling industry devoted to feeding lies to the GOP. I don't know how some of those outfits will ever show their face again in serious company.

I'm just :lamo at a conservative accusing democrats of bad/biased polling. Does no one but me remember 'skewed polls' from just two years ago? Good grief, there was an entire right wing polling industry devoted to feeding lies to the GOP. I don't know how some of those outfits will ever show their face again in serious company.
:doh
You clearly know not of what you speak.

Back
Top Bottom