• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kentucky: School administrators allow "kill list" teen back into school

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
and parents are PISSED!

I am stunned. Not only is this child endangerment, but whoever approved of this idiocy has opened themselves, the county and the state up to civil suits if this kid harms anyone.
I certainly would not wanna be near that kid… it reminds me of the stereotype that was created in columbine and some kids teased me about because i was the bullied loner but i dont assume kids who compile hit lists were bullied it could be that this kid was a bully.

and parents are PISSED!

I am stunned. Not only is this child endangerment, but whoever approved of this idiocy has opened themselves, the county and the state up to civil suits if this kid harms anyone.
According to the superintendent, they had no discretion in the matter. It's not as if keeping him out of school would prevent him from hurting anyone, and the courts have (apparently) declined to forbid him from attending.

As an aside it would be good to keep an eye on this kid from a distance at least on field trips. I remember my senior year disney trip was a bit scary because nearly every kid bought a weapon like knife and one kid two seats in front of me started playing and lunging it toward another kid’s eye. Kids can be wonderful looking psychopaths @.@.

You obviously know how to click on links, seeing as you have a presence in this thread, so i suggest you click on the news link i provided.
And then do what? Get mad? What's there to discuss? Every headline doesn't need an extensive discussion.

Ok, so this fourteen year old kid is charged with second degree terrorist threats and then cut loose to do whatever. I do not understand why this kid is a huge issue but trump isn't?

and parents are PISSED!

When will these parents learn that school administrators and educators know infinitely more about the welfare of their children than they do?

All joking aside, I'm as stunned as you are.

These parents are learning the hard way the importance of voting in the right people to their school board, and watching them, vigilantly.

Ok, so this fourteen year old kid is charged with second degree terrorist threats and then cut loose to do whatever. I do not understand why this kid is a huge issue but trump isn't?
"Trump".... unbelievable.

And then do what? Get mad? What's there to discuss? Every headline doesn't need an extensive discussion.
Then what, pray tell, in the Wide Wide World of Sports are you doing here - in this discussion thread????????

This is so America.

Why are you trying to derail my thread? Go complain about Trump somewhere else.

I am aware that some parents have moved their children to other schools, but I will not move my son," he said.
You can only take a brave stand with your own life, dude.

According to the superintendent, they had no discretion in the matter. It's not as if keeping him out of school would prevent him from hurting anyone, and the courts have (apparently) declined to forbid him from attending.

Here is what it says:
On Friday, Boone County School District Superintendent Matthew Turner said in a letter to parents that his hands are tied and urged them to “talk to your local state legislator.” "The Kentucky Constitution guarantees the right to a public education for every child without prejudice, and we are obligated to follow state law," Turner wrote.

It sounds more like a financial decision. They don't want to deal with paying for defense of a lawsuit. At any rate, it isn't specified whether this is an attorney's opinion or whether the super is simply citing that as the excuse to avoid potential lawsuit by expelling him. It's just a naked citation to the state constitution, the meaning of which depends on the jurisprudence interpreting it.

That said, people are expelled for less, so they should just do it and fight it out if they have to. I'd be insanely furious.

Why are you trying to derail my thread? Go complain about Trump somewhere else.
I'm saying this fourteen year old kid is being pictured as a terrorist but trump isn't?

And, you shouldn't be trolling. If it's good for you, it's good for the gander.

I am aware that some parents have moved their children to other schools, but I will not move my son," he said.
You can only take a brave stand with your own life, dude.

Here is what it says:
On Friday, Boone County School District Superintendent Matthew Turner said in a letter to parents that his hands are tied and urged them to “talk to your local state legislator.” "The Kentucky Constitution guarantees the right to a public education for every child without prejudice, and we are obligated to follow state law," Turner wrote.

It sounds more like a financial decision. They don't want to deal with paying for defense of a lawsuit. At any rate, it isn't specified whether this is an attorney's opinion or whether the super is simply citing that as the excuse to avoid potential lawsuit by expelling him. It's just a naked citation to the state constitution, the meaning of which depends on the jurisprudence interpreting it.

That said, people are expelled for less, so they should just do it and fight it out if they have to. I'd be insanely furious.
State laws regarding public schools and how they must serve students are pretty stupid in many cases. They don't protect the everyday kids, they, like our judicial system, would rather protect the goofballs and criminals.

I’ve seen kids sent to “alternative school placement” over flipping desks. This seems odd.

Gah why you gotta make me stick up for roadvirus?! Bleeegh :p

Back
Top Bottom