• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kentucky Governor to the rescue

Linc

NIMBY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Why would Republican governors who are well respected like Kasich in Ohio, Martinez in New Mexico,
Sandoval in Nevada, and Christie in New Jersey sign up for the 3-year medicaid extension ?

Why would Republican governors who are well respected like Kasich in Ohio, Martinez in New Mexico,
Sandoval in Nevada, and Christie in New Jersey sign up for the 3-year medicaid extension ?

It is "free" federal money going into their state to give medical care to their poorest residents. While it may entail a lot of future state liability to continue this program, for now it is a federal windfall not to be sniffed at. I personally thought that Texas should have taken this bait. The more honest that we are about the true costs of this PPACA mess the sooner it will be replaced with something better or simply repealed.

Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear hits Mitch McConnell on Obamacare - Ginger Gibson and Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

McConnell's got his hand's full with this Democratic governor, who has set up a state exchange that is working,
not like say Texas and Cornyn for reelection..

The article has many quotes from Beshear in context which should warm all the Democratic hearts out there..

Beshear even came to D.C. to give spine-less Dem. congressmen a pep-talk .

Wow! 70K new PPACA policies were issued in KY. It only took 550K peeks at this website to get them. So one 1 out of 8 that sees this "deal" actually buys it. Hmm... I don't know if that is really such an overwhelming success to crow about. ;)

70,000 new policies or 70,000 hand outs?

Wow! 70K new PPACA policies were issued in KY. It only took 550K peeks at this website to get them. So one 1 out of 8 that sees this "deal" actually buys it. Hmm... I don't know if that is really such an overwhelming success to crow about. ;)

Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear hits Mitch McConnell on Obamacare - Ginger Gibson and Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

McConnell's got his hand's full with this Democratic governor, who has set up a state exchange that is working,
not like say Texas and Cornyn for reelection..

The article has many quotes from Beshear in context which should warm all the Democratic hearts out there..

Beshear even came to D.C. to give spine-less Dem. congressmen a pep-talk .

What's Beshear going to when Kentucky loses her volunteer firemen?

Because there are a lot if poor people in the states that have no access to decent health care. There is no downside from the state's perspective. The governors that refuse to expand put ideology ahead of the best interests of their constituents.

I suppose you don't like the jobs report yesterday either..
Do you got a little pooh-pooh for me on that one ?

Hi Nimby, Merry Christmas, but in case you didn't know this thing called a ? Is a question mark. On usually puts it at the end of a question like I did, hence it was asking?

Do you know or are you just waving the "freestuffer" flag??

Back
Top Bottom