• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kentucky governor blames mass shootings in part on zombie shows

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...blames-mass-shootings-in-part-on-zombie-shows

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin (R) said on Tuesday that increased regulations are not the solution to mass shootings, adding that that America's obsession with zombie television are partly to blame.

In an interview with conservative radio talk show host Leland Conway, Bevin said that the "culture of death" in America makes mass shooting more likely.
====================================
Another example of someone out of touch with reality. This is the first time I've heard that the U.S. had a 'culture of death.'

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...blames-mass-shootings-in-part-on-zombie-shows

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin (R) said on Tuesday that increased regulations are not the solution to mass shootings, adding that that America's obsession with zombie television are partly to blame.

In an interview with conservative radio talk show host Leland Conway, Bevin said that the "culture of death" in America makes mass shooting more likely.
Another example of someone out of touch with reality. This is the first time I've heard that the U.S. had a 'culture of death.'

A politician, with an opinion that some don't like?

Color me surprised.

Makes as much sense as blaming it on a gun.

Makes as much sense as blaming it on a gun.

actually makes more sense since 50 years ago kids had widespread access to guns-including bringing them to school in their cars etc, and the mass shootings were rather rare

The Gun Nuts will come with anything to defend their insane worship of guns

Actually, I think he was making fun of anti-gunners, but anti-gunners are too stupid to know it.

gun banners will constantly erect straw men and then slay them with lie filled dishonest arguments

Still the Gun Nuts like this kind of non sense......

The fact that anti-gunners blame a gun for committing a crime is the real "non sense".

Can you translate this for me and tell me what "zombie television" is?

I guess Gov Bevin wanted his fifteen minutes...

Can you translate this for me and tell me what "zombie television" is?

Probably The Walking Dead.

So people see zombies on TV and that is what makes them commit these numerous mass shootings in the US. It wasn't hatred of Jews, or Blacks that made those guys shoot up churches - it was because zombies.

Yeah TV and film may have an impact in certain individuals, but there are far greater causes.

Back
Top Bottom