• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear vetoes bill banning male-born athletes from female sports

Doug64

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Seems we're looking at another veto override on the issue, and that much more weight on the inevitable Supreme Court case coming down the pike.

And another example of the differences between states--in Kentucky the legislature can override a governor's veto with a simple majority?! 😲 What's the point of a veto at all, then?

The place to settle this in the courts, not by partisan legislation. The GOP are adding this to their 2022 and 2024 culture wars list. Too bad they couldn't run on policy but they can't.

Disgusting. Vetoing a bill that is against people being human. Disgusting. Rid ourselves of these sub-humans. Vote Republican.

The place to settle this in the courts, not by partisan legislation. The GOP are adding this to their 2022 and 2024 culture wars list. Too bad they couldn't run on policy but they can't.

Which is exactly why they are doing it.

As long as it results in victory the tactics need not matter.

Seems we're looking at another veto override on the issue, and that much more weight on the inevitable Supreme Court case coming down the pike.

And another example of the differences between states--in Kentucky the legislature can override a governor's veto with a simple majority?! 😲 What's the point of a veto at all, then?
If one likes "our democracy" one would think a "simple majority" of the representatives of the people would be enough to pass any law, no?

You don't hate "democracy," do you?

For those on the Left, that would be anti-democratic.

The place to settle this in the courts, not by partisan legislation.
It is that “partisan legislation” that gives the courts something to work with.

If one likes "our democracy" one would think a "simple majority" of the representatives of the people would be enough to pass any law, no?

You don't hate "democracy," do you?

I said it was a simple majority to override a veto that made no sense, not for passing the law in the first place. After all, when a simple majority is all that is needed, if there were enough votes to pass the legislation in the first place there will be enough to override the veto, making the veto at best a delaying tactic.

I said it was a simple majority to override a veto that made no sense, not for passing the law in the first place. After all, when a simple majority is all that is needed, if there were enough votes to pass the legislation in the first place there will be enough to override the veto, making the veto at best a delaying tactic.
Sure, but the veto itself is anti-democratic.

Disgusting. Vetoing a bill that is against people being human. Disgusting. Rid ourselves of these sub-humans. Vote Republican.
oh some serious drama-llamaesque bleating in that post. Let the trans movement destroy women's sports since it is more important for a few men to feel accepted as girls than real women being able to compete in a fair environment

How is it against people being human??? T
This is completely and only about fairness in woman's sports....that's it! Fairness towards woman is a good thing!

Good this stuff should be decided based on medical science, facts, rights and freedoms and go to the courts
not based on bigotry, hate and or ignorance

Since rage potatoes are so interested in women's sports now, I support a law requiring ESPN and the major networks to give the games equal time. This will ensure that transphobes will finally have a convenient way to watch the women's sporting events that they care so passionately about. This would also do a lot to inspire girls to get involved in sports.

The Supreme Court may soon have a liberal majority.

So eventually transgender ladies may be allowed on women's teams.

This is, of course, a grave injustice to the cisgender ladies on the team.

Hopefully, but not probably, the Court (and society) will draw a line at human beings with a penis playing on the same team with humans who were not born with a penis.

oh some serious drama-llamaesque bleating in that post. Let the trans movement destroy women's sports since it is more important for a few men to feel accepted as girls than real women being able to compete in a fair environment

All of a sudden, the RW wants to be fair towards women in sports. Hilarious. That's a belly laugher if ever there was.

How is it against people being human??? T
This is completely and only about fairness in woman's sports....that's it! Fairness towards woman is a good thing!

All of a sudden, the RW wants to be fair towards women in sports. Hilarious. That's a belly laugher if ever there was.

Nonsense.

Huh? They don't want male born, and all the advantages that comes with, competing against female born humans.

You are just picking which humans you want protected , all on a political bias. How about you protect the female born and create a separate category for them to compete in, if they so wish.

It's the losing side.

Since rage potatoes are so interested in women's sports now, I support a law requiring ESPN and the major networks to give the games equal time. This will ensure that transphobes will finally have a convenient way to watch the women's sporting events that they care so passionately about. This would also do a lot to inspire girls to get involved in sports.
I don't disagree that more women's sports should be on tv (maybe even more( , but giving equal time to sports which garner less viewership than others is a laughable proposition.

Transgenders represent only 0.18% of America. The number of male transgenders in sports must be a very small fraction of that and I can't imagine more than a hundred or so.

I just don't get the attention and vitriol this segment of the population gets. You'd think millions of people were being thrown into a fire or something heinous. A male not destroying females in swimming should not be high on any list of prorities.

I don't disagree that more women's sports should be on tv (maybe even more( , but giving equal time to sports which garner less viewership than others is a laughable proposition.
Considering the extreme interest that the right suddenly seems to have in women's sports, surely there will be enough viewers.

Considering the extreme interest that the right suddenly seems to have in women's sports, surely there will be enough viewers.
Which of course makes no real sense. The fact that I want female born athletes to compete with other female born athletes has no bearing on my sports watching preference. It is all about keeping sports fair.

nice dishonest diversion. Straw man walking

Huh? They don't want male born, and all the advantages that comes with, competing against female born humans.

You are just picking which humans you want protected , all on a political bias. How about you protect the female born and create a separate category for them to compete in, if they so wish.

It's the losing side.
the woke left does not care about sports or athletic fairness. They think that unless you support XYs competing against XX athletes, you are transphobic and that trans "acceptance" will be impeded. In reality, it is the opposite. I don't have any issues with trans. I figure adults have an absolute right to do with their bodies as they see fit. But as a coach of girl and lady athletes, I oppose letting men compete against them

Which of course makes no real sense. The fact that I want female born athletes to compete with other female born athletes has no bearing on my sports watching preference. It is all about keeping sports fair.
So you wouldn't watch women's sports if they were given equal time? Do you think that faux viewers wouldn't tune in?

Back
Top Bottom