• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kentucky Derby

weaver2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Winners? Losers? Did you watch. Did you place a bet? Did you drink a Mint Julep?

Winners? Losers? Did you watch. Did you place a bet? Did you drink a Mint Julep?
Wait, that happened again?

Another year passed already?

OMG The should be will you watch? Will you place a bet? Who do you think will win lose etc Senior moment!

Dam! Almost missed it!

Horses, right?

In the UK we have The Grand National.
It started in 1839.

It started in 1839.
That one and others like it are tense races to watch. They are long, the jumps are huge and the accidents are pretty awful, horses and people die.

That one and others like it are tense races to watch. They are long, the jumps are huge and the accidents are pretty awful, horses and people die.

Yep, the death toll for the National is pretty grim reading.

Messier, baby! I'm all in on him. How could you not love a horse named after one of hockey's greatest players.

But the race is this Saturday. It wasn't last week. And yes, I will be drinking juleps on Saturday and wearing my Derby hat at the party we are attending.

Messier, baby! I'm all in on him. How could you not love a horse named after one of hockey's greatest players.

But the race is this Saturday. It wasn't last week. And yes, I will be drinking juleps on Saturday and wearing my Derby hat at the party we are attending.
I hate to play chalk, tres, but this year, I'm all over 'Epicenter.' ( what an amazing physical specimen of horse flesh! ) Will be primarily keying first and second in exactas, as well as some horizontals, and if it doesn't work out, I'll simply sit back, lick my wounds, and await for my old buddy 'Into Mischief' ( doing fine, and living the good life at Spendthrift, BTW to do his thing, ( again ), which will more than cover any losses should 'Epicenter" fail to deliver. Also, loving the 3 hole draw.

I hate to play chalk, tres, but this year, I'm all over 'Epicenter.' ( what an amazing physical specimen of horse flesh! ) Will be primarily keying first and second in exactas, as well as some horizontals, and if it doesn't work out, I'll simply sit back, lick my wounds, and await for my old buddy 'Into Mischief' ( doing fine, and living the good life at Spendthrift, BTW ) to do his thing ( again ), which will more than cover any losses should 'Epicenter" fail to deliver. Also, loving the 3 hole draw.

Last I heard Epicenter was the odds on favorite. He's a great horse, no doubt and no question. I'm still all in for Messier, who was the 3rd favorite in the lines.

Into Mischief. What a great guy he is!

Last I heard Epicenter was the odds on favorite. He's a great horse, no doubt and no question. I'm still all in for Messier, who was the 3rd favorite in the lines.

'Ep" is basically currently a co-favorite. I'm hoping for 4-1 by post time, but 5-2/3-1 will work. 'Mischief Man' loves his Granny apples, and seems to know he is the King of the Road in 'Super Stallion World.' If things pan out as planned, will be going to visit at the next Keeneland Fall sale. Looking forward to one one those fantastic 'Tony's Steakhouse' nights with the boys in the syndicate, and a couple of high profile trainers.

I saw 3 videos of Tiz the Bomb and I'm thinking he might win it all at 30 to 1. I know, he's not a dirt horse, he's a grass or artificial track runner, but he's been working out on dirt for a month now and he sure knows how to come from the middle and roar in for the finish. If I knew how to bet I'd put $100 on him

I saw 3 videos of Tiz the Bomb and I'm thinking he might win it all at 30 to 1. I know, he's not a dirt horse, he's a grass or artificial track runner, but he's been working out on dirt for a month now and he sure knows how to come from the middle and roar in for the finish. If I knew how to bet I'd put $100 on him
weaver--If you want to wager, go to TVG.com. Depending on which state you reside in, you can sign up in minutes, it's based in Oregon, and totally legal. They are currently having a 'new member' sign up special, so be sure to get all of the details, contact a rep, so if you do create an account, you'll be sure to receive the sign up bonus, which is quite generous. I've been wagering there for many, many years, and never have had any issues whatsoever with payouts. Money is usually processed within 24 hours, and either applied to your bank account, or credit card, depending on the mode of deposit which best suits your personal needs. Hope this helps.

You can wager in an OTB location (if they have them by you) or you can wager online at places like TVG.com if it's legal in your state.

Go Messier!!

This is why I don’t ever bet much on the horses. Because 80-1 long shots don’t ever win the KY
Derby. Right? 😁

Admittedly, the race was as entertaining as all hell!

This is why I don’t ever bet much on the horses. Because 80-1 long shots don’t ever win the KY
Derby. Right? 😁

Admittedly, the race was as entertaining as all hell!
What a race! I know of one person that placed a bet on Rich Strike but haven't heard how much they won.

It started in 1839.
A much more interesting race the Grand National, from a spectators view.

A much more interesting race the Grand National, from a spectators view.

Some of the fences are bloody brutal.
Becher's Brook is the fence they all fear the most though. Its been through several redesigns but still kills horses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom