• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kentucky ark proves god hates America...

D_NATURED

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The recently built hundred million dollar ark "museum" in Kentucky shows that freedom of religion has been turned in to religious preference, a clear violation of the constitution. Do not look upon these idiots to pray for the money they need when they can just tap into the tax stream. The irony of these hypocrites is that if you asked them, they would be against the tax that keeps them afloat. There is no integrity in the shameless entitlement of faith, by any means. If they are willing to circumvent the constitution to have their little animal boat, they have given us all an unwelcome peek up their skirt, to reveal base human arrogance masquerading as morality.

Noah's ark attraction, complete with dinosaurs in cages, ready to open in Kentucky - LA Times

The recently built hundred million dollar ark "museum" in Kentucky shows that freedom of religion has been turned in to religious preference, a clear violation of the constitution. Do not look upon these idiots to pray for the money they need when they can just tap into the tax stream. The irony of these hypocrites is that if you asked them, they would be against the tax that keeps them afloat. There is no integrity in the shameless entitlement of faith, by any means. If they are willing to circumvent the constitution to have their little animal boat, they have given us all an unwelcome peek up their skirt, to reveal base human arrogance masquerading as morality.

Noah's ark attraction, complete with dinosaurs in cages, ready to open in Kentucky - LA Times

I guess it really bothers you that they received state tax dollars to help fund this project. Good.

I guess it really bothers you that they received state tax dollars to help fund this project. Good.

Why should John Doe who doesn't believe in Creationism pay for this abomination?

Another example of government corruption. This time, on the Republican side of things.

Well it is Kentucky. What surprises me about this I think very few if any mainstream church's including the Catholic Church still insist on the 6000 year old earth or 7 day creationism. I suspect it was not the Christians behind this, it is probably someone making some bucks off it somewhere.

Why should John Doe who doesn't believe in Creationism pay for this abomination?

No one else paid for it and a museum for a religion is an abomination? I think there are some unreasonable and irrational pent up feelings here.

I have read several places KY tax money went into it. Millions from what I read.
No one else paid for it and a museum for a religion is an abomination? I think there are some unreasonable and irrational pent up feelings here.

Yes, it bothers me. What would you think if tax dollars were used to build a monument to atheism? Oh yeah, I guess to you a University or a telescope is a monument to atheism. A library is a temple of Satan and an open mind is an invitation to heresy. I get it, you went on the Kentucky ark roller coaster and never took off your protective Jesus goggles.

I guess when you say "good", you mean that it's good for children to suffer these wives tales and fail to compete well in a world where they are hobbled by religious ignorance. Is that what you meant by good? Or are you celebrating the tyranny of faith that ****s on OUR constitution? Either way, you're dangerous to liberty.

I have read several places KY tax money went into it. Millions from what I read.

Nope. No one else's money went into it. They got a tax break. In other words, they got to keep more of their own money. If GE, a multi-billion dollar company can pay $0 in taxes, green energy companies get subsidies, or football stadiums then I fail to see the problem here.

I guess when you say "good", you mean that it's good for children to suffer these wives tales and fail to compete well in a world where they are hobbled by religious ignorance. Is that what you meant by good? Or are you celebrating the tyranny of faith that ****s on OUR constitution? Either way, you're dangerous to liberty.

The irony here is that private Christian schools, and home school children (significantly populated by religious families), beat the pants of of your oh-so-beloved secular public schools so your accusations of not being able to compete is not just bigoted but not factual.

Why should Joe the Christian pay to subsidize so-called "art" like a crucifix in urine? :shrug:

It is a business like many other, and relies on private funding. Many local governments offer up 5-10 year tax breaks to recruit new businesses.

What about all the sports stadiums, art museums, and convention centers being funded by the tax payers. Many taxpayers could care less about sports, the arts, or attending conventions.

It's open to the public and will generate sales tax revenue for the state. Even though they are getting a rebate on some of the tax that kind of deal is normal and happens all the time when a city or state wants to attract a certain business. Sports stadiums, for example, usually get the same kind of deal.

The irony here is that private Christian schools, and home school children (significantly populated by religious families), beat the pants of of your oh-so-beloved secular public schools so your accusations of not being able to compete is not just bigoted but not factual.

No, not really. It depends on what public schools are used in comparison.

Unsupported bare asssrtions don't make for good arguments.

Ok. I don't really think this actually means anything significant, other then the fact that Jurassic Park was right.

Yes, it bothers me. What would you think if tax dollars were used to build a monument to atheism? Oh yeah, I guess to you a University or a telescope is a monument to atheism. A library is a temple of Satan and an open mind is an invitation to heresy. I get it, you went on the Kentucky ark roller coaster and never took off your protective Jesus goggles.

And the heavy artillery is brought out.

Tell ya what. If a fake museum in Kentucky causes the end of the US and the establishment of a Christian theocracy, I'll pay you fifty thousand dollars.

This is hilarious, $40 adult, $28 kids 5 and up, plus $10 parking, for what exactly?

From the pics it looks like a 2 hour experience, if you go really really slowly.

Reminds me of something the North Koreans would do.

I predict that the taxpayers will eat it.

Our government @2016

NOT. WORKING.

Seriously.

:lamo

Can't like this enough.

Prove it.

Make sure you control for social class, income, etc. if you want your data to be taken seriously.

Rich, middle class students that are taught at home get better grades than inner city schools? What a shock!

It is a business like many other, and relies on private funding. Many local governments offer up 5-10 year tax breaks to recruit new businesses.

What about all the sports stadiums, art museums, and convention centers being funded by the tax payers. Many taxpayers could care less about sports, the arts, or attending conventions.

None of the things you mentioned are tied to religion.

Well, a $100 million dollar project is a $100 million in wages and materials tumbling through the state and local economy until it is finally consumed by taxes.

I suppose they could have built a distillery.

No one else paid for it and a museum for a religion is an abomination?

This "museum" in question is a Creationist exhibit trying to shoehorn religious teachings as science. All while the state of Kentucky is endorsing, and encouraging these fools to continue to misinform the public.

I think there are some unreasonable and irrational pent up feelings here.

I fail to see how being upset that tax money is being (once again) mishandled by Kentucky to further line the wallets of one of the biggest hucksters in the pseudo-academic world.

Why should Joe the Christian pay to subsidize so-called "art" like a crucifix in urine? :shrug:

Failing to see the correlation between art and science here.

It's open to the public and will generate sales tax revenue for the state. Even though they are getting a rebate on some of the tax that kind of deal is normal and happens all the time when a city or state wants to attract a certain business.

I feel the circumstances should be a tad different considering this "business" with the Creation museum is ultimately intended on getting people to buy into creationism.

Sports stadiums, for example, usually get the same kind of deal.

As a Miami citizen, I can tell you the city would have been better off letting the Marlins pay for the stadium on their own instead of the billion dollars Miami is going to have to pay in 10 years. Miami screwed the city with that deal for the stadium and Kentucky is screwing it's people by allowing so much money to be funneled into this park with tax incentives and bonds.

Back
Top Bottom