• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kenosha shooting suspect called a friend to say he 'killed somebody,' police say, and then shot two

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Kenosha shooting suspect called a friend to say he '''killed somebody,''' police say - CNN
At those demonstrations, the complaint states Rittenhouse clashed with people gathered near the car dealership for reasons not specified. Rosenbaum was unarmed and threw an object that appeared to be a plastic bag at him and missed, according to the complaint.

Rosenbaum and the suspect moved across the parking lot and appeared to be in close proximity when loud bangs suddenly rang out and Rosenbaum fell to the ground, according to the complaint.

As Rosenbaum lay on the ground, the suspect made a call on his cellphone and said, "I just killed somebody" as he ran away, the complaint alleges. His friend received a call from him at 11:46 p.m. saying that he shot someone, an investigator says in the complaint.

Rosenbaum was declared dead at 12:47 a.m. Wednesday.
A journalist who was following the suspect and the victim at the time provided investigators with more details on what happened. He told investigators the victim was trying to get the suspect's gun, according to the complaint.

Another video shows the suspect running from the scene followed by people in hot pursuit. "A person can be heard yelling what sounds like, "Beat him up!" Another person can be heard yelling what sounds like, "Hey, he shot him!" the criminal complaint alleges. In another video, a person yells, "Get him! Get that dude!"

The suspect tripped and fell as people chased him down, and as he lay on the ground, a second person identified as Huber approaches him with a skateboard in his right hand, the complaint says.
He's in such fear of his life that he calls a friend right after he shoots a person in the head? Hey how about calling 911, if you have time to make a phone call? And then he slips right by the police unnoticed after he shoots two more people. Why didn't he announce himself to them and explain what just occurred to them instead of sneaking away if his actions were so just? I commend anyone that was trying to wrestle the gun away from the sick ****, stopping him from killing any more people.

Kenosha shooting suspect called a friend to say he '''killed somebody,''' police say - CNN . He's in such fear of his life that he calls a friend right after he shoots a person in the head? Hey how about calling 911, if you have time to make a phone call? And then he slips right by the police unnoticed after he shoots two more people. Why didn't he announce himself to them and explain what just occurred to them instead of sneaking away if his actions were so just? I commend anyone that was trying to wrestle the gun away from the sick ****, stopping him from killing any more people.

I have a better question:

Where are this kid's parents? And what on Earth were they thinking driving him to a riot in another state with a gun?

Left, right or center, and whatever your thoughts on firearms, that is bad parenting right there.

Where are this kid's parents? And what on Earth were they thinking driving him to a riot in another state with a gun?

Left, right or center, and whatever your thoughts on firearms, that is bad parenting right there.

Exactly what I said to my daughter, I said it doesn't matter if he was defending himself or not.....none of that matters when you CHOOSE to put yourself in that type of situation. He 100% might have been defending himself, he's still 100% a ****ing moron.

Agree 100%

Exactly what I said to my daughter, I said it doesn't matter if he was defending himself or not.....none of that matters when you CHOOSE to put yourself in that type of situation. He 100% might have been defending himself, he's still 100% a ****ing moron.

He's only 17. Not all of us made the brightest decisions at that age. Doesn't excuse it but it does put it into a little perspective.

Boy or girl, seventeen year-olds are morons. Even the brilliant ones are morons because of their youthful vigor combined with naïveté. It's the job of a parent to put their foot down. At the very least tell take them aside and say "What the f*** are you thinking? You want to go to a riot? Do you want to get brained by a brickbat and wind up a vegetable in a wheelchair for the rest of your life for your mom and I to take care of? Oh? You want to take your AR-15 to the riot? So you can get shot and killed? Perhaps so you can kill someone and we end up bringing you care packages in prison for the next twenty to thirty years? No, I am not driving my own son to his funeral. And I am taking your gun. You want to go to Kenosha, you can beg on the corner for bus fare."

I don't think that your questions are better, but they definitely need to be asked. I hate to say this, but they much less commonly do when the violent person is white than when he is Black.

This guy fantasized about killing people and he got his wish. That is the only reason you'd dress up like you're a soldier with an assault rifle, drive across state and put yourself into potentially violent situations you have no reason to be in. I hope this guy spends his entire life in a cell.

He's only 17. Not all of us made the brightest decisions at that age. Doesn't excuse it but it does put it into a little perspective.

If a 17 year old wants to play army and shoot people he can have mommy and daddy sign his enlistment contract like my parents did for me.

He's an adult making adult decisions and he should pay an adult price.

Last edited:

I’m utterly baffled by why the parents haven’t been charged with something by now.

Gotta love CNN...

Protesters in the Wisconsin city were demanding justice after an officer shot local resident Jacob Blake seven times in the back while his children watched from his car. As the 29-year-old Black man fought for his life at the hospital following the Sunday shooting, people marched, chanted and asked why for three days.

Really. It THAT what was happening? "demanding justice" Marching, chanting and asking why?

Or...was THIS happening?

As the guy recording the video said, "Sorry, you can't sugar coat this one."

(But CNN certainly will try.)

This guy fantasized about killing people and he got his wish. That is the only reason you'd dress up like you're a soldier with an assault rifle, drive across state and put yourself into potentially violent situations you have no reason to be in. I hope this guy spends his entire life in a cell.

If a 17 year old wants to play army and shoot people he can have mommy and daddy sign his enlistment contract like my parents did for me.

He's an adult making adult decisions and he should pay an adult price.

You were lucky to have parents to steer you in the right direction. Not everyone is so lucky and this kid will pay the full price for his actions.

You were lucky to have parents to steer you in the right direction. Not everyone is so lucky and this kid will pay the full price for his actions.

My parents didn't want me to enlist but they knew they couldn't stop me. This guy wanted to kill and he did. He made an adult choice independent of his parents and he should spend his life in prison. Im against prison for most crimes but this was premeditated and intentional.

was he carrying a gun illegally?

I’m utterly baffled by why the parents haven’t been charged with something by now.

Tricky. I guess if they knew what he was going to to do, something like an aiding and abetting charge would be appropriate, but how does one prove that?

i'm afraid we're gonna find out some really bad stuff about his mom.

who let's their 17yo carry illegality in another state where there will potentially be a riot? and drive him to it??

i'm afraid we're gonna find out some really bad stuff about his mom.

who let's their 17yo carry illegality in another state where there will potentially be a riot? and drive him to it??

Yeah, this guy didn’t pop out of a box already assembled.

Boy or girl, seventeen year-olds are morons. Even the brilliant ones are morons because of their youthful vigor combined with naïveté. It's the job of a parent to put their foot down. At the very least tell take them aside and say "What the f*** are you thinking? You want to go to a riot? Do you want to get brained by a brickbat and wind up a vegetable in a wheelchair for the rest of your life for your mom and I to take care of? Oh? You want to take your AR-15 to the riot? So you can get shot and killed? Perhaps so you can kill someone and we end up bringing you care packages in prison for the next twenty to thirty years? No, I am not driving my own son to his funeral. And I am taking your gun. You want to go to Kenosha, you can beg on the corner for bus fare."

Well yea, but to me, that's almost excusing the kid.......not his fault, bad parenting etc....

Well yea, but to me, that's almost excusing the kid.......not his fault, bad parenting etc....

they always excuse kids from Chicago and Oakland in similar situations.

they always excuse kids from Chicago and Oakland in similar situations.

Show me a kid from Chicago or Oakland driven to a riot by his own mother who knew her son had a gun on him where he later committed an act of violence, and I will happily condemn the parent.

What many parents blame on this and that is their own fault for being a lousy parent. Too many parents want to be 'friends' with their kids and not hurt their poor little feelings, give them trophies for failure. It's a parent's job to keep a foot up their kids butts and do their best to teach them right from wrong not be soft on them. Kids want to be taught but if a parent doesn't take the responsibility of teaching, the environment and other kids will, mostly for the worst.

Kenosha shooting suspect called a friend to say he '''killed somebody,''' police say - CNN . He's in such fear of his life that he calls a friend right after he shoots a person in the head? Hey how about calling 911, if you have time to make a phone call? And then he slips right by the police unnoticed after he shoots two more people. Why didn't he announce himself to them and explain what just occurred to them instead of sneaking away if his actions were so just? I commend anyone that was trying to wrestle the gun away from the sick ****, stopping him from killing any more people.

People love to boast/confess. This boy gonna fry.

Show me a kid from Chicago or Oakland driven to a riot by his own mother who knew her son had a gun on him where he later committed an act of violence, and I will happily condemn the parent.

you must not know what "similar" means.

but i get that you post was a distraction from how almost all current Republicans don't cut kids from Oakland and Chicago any slack. hell, it's the systemic racism that they literally are protesting against as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom