• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kenneth Starr, who once prosecuted Bill Clinton, just got fired over a sex scandal

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kenneth Starr will be forever remembered in political circles as the prosecutor who went after Bill Clinton in the nineties over a sex scandal, which turned into a which hunt that served to make Clinton all the more popular among mainstream Americans. Since that time Starr has gone on to become the President of Baylor University. But today he was fired by the school’s board of regents due to his poor handling of, ironically enough, a sex scandal.

To be clear, Ken Starr himself was not a perpetrator in this particular sex scandal. Instead he’s being held responsible for his failure to properly handle the various rape and sexual assault accusations made against Baylor’s football players, having allegedly failed to intervene when the university leaders under his supervision declined to take the accusations seriously. Although the official announcement of Starr’s removal may not come for another week or more, the vote to fire him took place today, according to a reliable sports publication which has an inside source.

Here's what I don't understand..... The man who dinged the hell out of Bill Clinton is unable to control a group of college students? He must be slipping. LOL. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

Re: Kenneth Starr, who once prosecuted Bill Clinton, just got fired over a sex scanda

I realize it is not your fault, but that headline is really misleading...

Re: Kenneth Starr, who once prosecuted Bill Clinton, just got fired over a sex scanda

There's no way Art Briles didn't know anything was going on.

From the dailynewsbin? Noooooo

Here's what I don't understand..... The man who dinged the hell out of Bill Clinton is unable to control a group of college students? He must be slipping. LOL. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

It takes quite a different set of skills to tame an alfa Orang Utan wild with the smell of girls in heat and those required to Clowder of cats.

Which is why I quoted a second paragraph, which I don't normally do. :)

Article is here.

Most of the hypocrite Republicans that were attacking Clinton were no better than him. All a bunch of hypocrites throwing rocks in their glass tower. That all impeachment trial was a complete waste of time when they country could have focused on stoping Al Qaeda.

What goes around comes around............and over a sex scandal at that........:lamo

here's what i don't understand..... The man who dinged the hell out of bill clinton is unable to control a group of college students? He must be slipping. Lol. :mrgreen:

article is here.

bwaahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Most of the hypocrite Republicans that were attacking Clinton were no better than him. All a bunch of hypocrites throwing rocks in their glass tower. That all impeachment trial was a complete waste of time when they country could have focused on stoping Al Qaeda.

A random post, having nothing to do with the actual story? Nice contribution.

Stopping al Qaeda was Clinton's job, and he failed. So don't you worry about what Congress did.

Perhaps it is karma or just poetic justice. Ken Starr's witch hunt, and the Gingrich gang, and all that hullabaloo was the tip of the divisional iceberg that is alive and well, to this very day, that is tearing this country apart. A pox on his house.

But that being said, unless Starr was negligent, having full knowledge of the situation, and just decided to turn a blind eye or even take part in an intentional cover-up, the only reason I can see laying blame at his feet is just going off the ol' "buck stops here," policy. And in a college setting, that can happen to just about any one. I can't beat him up for it.

But..............

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. LOL!

Article is here.

"A group of college students" accused, not of some minor frat prank but of rape. I honestly don't see the humor. I don't care one bit about Kenneth Starr but how should he have "controlled" them?

Article is here.
"which hunt". Not sure about the writing ability of the article's author.

bwaahahahahahahahahahahaha!

What goes around comes around............and over a sex scandal at that........:lamo
You really should read the second paragraph. The title is very misleading.

Okay...perhaps I'm missing something based on a comment in the story and someone's repeated here.

I was always under the impression that the term "witch hunt" was meant to signify a fervent and emotionally charged effort to uncover something that is not real/doesn't exist.

Now admittedly, it's been ages since I looked into the Clinton sex scandal thing, and I was a teen at that time so wasn't as plugged in, so please correct my thinking here if it's wrong. But wasn't Starr's investigation looking into alleged sexual misconduct on the part of Clinton? And isn't it accurate that Clinton was having a subordinate engage in sexual acts with him? How is investigating something that WAS taking place a "witch hunt"? I can understand if you want to argue that it was frivolous, unimportant, partisan, whatever....but a witch hunt suggests it's a search for something that doesn't exist, right?

Okay...perhaps I'm missing something based on a comment in the story and someone's repeated here.

I was always under the impression that the term "witch hunt" was meant to signify a fervent and emotionally charged effort to uncover something that is not real/doesn't exist.

Now admittedly, it's been ages since I looked into the Clinton sex scandal thing, and I was a teen at that time so wasn't as plugged in, so please correct my thinking here if it's wrong. But wasn't Starr's investigation looking into alleged sexual misconduct on the part of Clinton? And isn't it accurate that Clinton was having a subordinate engage in sexual acts with him? How is investigating something that WAS taking place a "witch hunt"? I can understand if you want to argue that it was frivolous, unimportant, partisan, whatever....but a witch hunt suggests it's a search for something that doesn't exist, right?

Because liberals want to pretend that Clinton had a squeaky clean record, and that the whole sex thing was just boys being boys.....no biggie.

Kenneth Starr was an independent counsel appointed during the Clinton administration. He was tasked to review the death of Vince Foster (where he found no link to Clinton), Whitewater (where he recognized no cause for charges of the Clintons) to allegations of perjury during the Paula Jones trial. During the Paula Jones trial (a trial in which Bill Clinton was accused of jerking off in front of a campaign staffer and asking her to kiss his dick) it was found that Jones was credible, that Clinton lied during the trial, that Clinton is on record suborning perjury, and that there was a history of allegations of rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment.
It wasnt a witch hunt.

To wit: Henry Hyde, Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston, Dennis Hastert!

"You can run on for a long time,
run on for a long time,
run on for a long time,
Sooner or later God'll cut you down.
Sooner or later God'll cut you down."

Oh the irony, oh the schadenfreude.

To wit: Henry Hyde, Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston, Dennis Hastert!

Oh the irony, oh the schadenfreude.

How do you compare an investigation of a sitting president that absolutely committed perjury in a sexual harassment civil deposition and one that has been found to have suborder perjury as well as been found to have credible allegations of rape and sexual assault levied against him with a condemnation for not handling allegations of sexual assault committed by others as well as some think he should have?

It's rather comical watching the usual suspect putting in their clown makeup. People that pretend to give a **** about women's causes still ****ting themselves in their effort to defend a democrat over allegations of rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment, multiple affairs perjury, and suborning perjury.

This wasn't about a blow job. This was about lying under oath. Had Clinton been honest and admitted to what he did, he would not have been impeached. Presidents have had affairs before, and were still liked.

Now you can talk all day about how Clinton was set up, but in the end, it was HIS actions, lying under oath, which resulted in the impeachment.

Last edited:

This wasn't about a blow job. This was about lying under oath. Had Clinton been honest and admitted to what he did, he would not have been impeached. Presidents have had affairs before, and were still liked.

Now you can talk all day about how Clinton was set up, but in the end, it was HIS actions, lying under oath, which resulted in the impeachment.

How was he 'set up'? He lied while being deposed in a civil trial for sexual harassing a campaign staffer. He lied because his history destroyed his credibility and supported the claim against him.

A campaign directed against a person or group.

Of course the President Clinton attacks qualify, it was wave after wave of republicans scouring every contact President Clinton ever had for any possible misconduct. They didn't have evidence before they started looking, they started looking before they had evidence.

Back
Top Bottom