• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kennedy hypocracy vs Alito

Navy Pride said:
I heard on the news when I was driving back from the rifle range in my truck that a new charge has been filed against Kennedy ........If its true it seems when he was 51 he had a love child with a woman who has come forward now and wants the young man recognized........As soon as I can find a link I will post it................

Got it.........

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=121772

Mag: Ted K’s secret love child a secret no more
By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The National Enquirer splashes this week with a shocking story about Sen. Ted Kennedy’s secret love child with a Cape Cod woman whom the mag says he dated during his days as a swinging single.

According to the tabloid’s source, the boy, named Christopher, just celebrated his 21st birthday and is “mature enough to make his own choices about his background and biological father.”

A Kennedy family confidante told the Enquirer, “This is one of the biggest secrets in the Kennedy family and known to only a few people including Ted’s ex-wife, Joan.”

One, this story sounds bogus. Two, it wouldn't be the first time that a senator had a child out of wedlock. Didn't Strom Thurmond have a bi-racial daughter?

I have heard many Democrats try to excuse their unprecedented level of political ploys and obstruction tactics against Alito by claiming that Republicans would do the same thing in their position, but we WERE in their position when Ginsburg was up for nomination. It was a brief hearing, no one attacked her and she was confirmed with only 3 votes opposing her nomination.

The people had expressed their will, and, even though Republicans disagreed with much about this woman, they respected the rule of law and the will of the people. There were no genuine concerns about her integrity, just partisan differences, so she was confirmed without a hitch.

Why is it so difficult for Democrats to be that objective and reasonable? Could it be that Republicans are right about them having no real ideas or philosophies, but just caring about getting more power/getting their own way?

aquapub said:
I have heard many Democrats try to excuse their unprecedented level of political ploys and obstruction tactics against Alito by claiming that Republicans would do the same thing in their position, but we WERE in their position when Ginsburg was up for nomination. It was a brief hearing, no one attacked her and she was confirmed with only 3 votes opposing her nomination.

The people had expressed their will, and, even though Republicans disagreed with much about this woman, they respected the rule of law and the will of the people. There were no genuine concerns about her integrity, just partisan differences, so she was confirmed without a hitch.

Why is it so difficult for Democrats to be that objective and reasonable? Could it be that Republicans are right about them having no real ideas or philosophies, but just caring about getting more power/getting their own way?

Let's not forget Abe Fortas.

tryreading said:
By any chance do you have a source for this other than the National Enquirer?

LOL I was going to ask that very same question... and also this one... was the article before or after the revelation that Angelina Jolie isn't really having Brad Pitt's baby, but that of some unknown alien being that can morph itself to look exactly like him?

debate_junkie said:
LOL I was going to ask that very same question... and also this one... was the article before or after the revelation that Angelina Jolie isn't really having Brad Pitt's baby, but that of some unknown alien being that can morph itself to look exactly like him?

It's my baby, I don't care what any psuedo-scientific DNA tests say!

alphieb said:
He claimed he tried to get her out, maybe he did and maybe he didn't the only people that know that are him and her.

There is no evidence he did or could have, but we do know he had plenty of time to get help there that could have gotten her out and he didn't. He was too interested in coming up with a cover up to protect his little political arse. A woman died because of his purposeful actions that night.

Regardless, everybody makes mistakes and thats where drinking and driving will get you.

It may have been a "mistake" driving off the bridge but what he did afterwards was concious behavior, he made the choices he made and a woman died a horrible death in the cold water, in the dark, her air giving out as Kennedy ran around trying to figure a way out of it.

If it were me, I couldn't live with myself. I understand why people feel the way they do about him. However, I think he makes a good Senator and thats why he has been re-elected for about 30 years.

Yeah I've noticed that with the Democrat side, as long as you are a good politician you can get away with a lot, it all makes up for it with Dems.

debate_junkie said:

Well they did break the Jesse Jackson lovechild story didn't they. And they name names in this one.

Will he follow Livingstons lead? Remember when Democrats shouted at Livingston, when he was admitting his child out of wedlock, they yelled 'then you resign' and he did. Will they demand the same of Kennedy? Of course did Clinton resign for his behavior? No. Did Democrats demand it? No they celebrated it.

Back
Top Bottom