• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kennedy hypocracy vs Alito

Kennedy said he was not drunk in his speech. I don't know if that is true or not, and I haven't seen evidence either way.
Since he didn't come forward until the next day, we'll never know with complete certainty. He did admit to drinking several rum and cokes before driving and a sheriff deputy that saw him said he looked disoriented.

shuamort said:
Gotcha, no proof. Movin' on.

Whatever, typical liberal reaction to the facts, bury your head in the sand and deny it happened........:roll:

aps said:
Kennedy said he was not drunk in his speech. I don't know if that is true or not, and I haven't seen evidence either way.

He was at a party drinking and it happened at two in the morning and he left the scene and did not report what happened for 24 hours........you do the math........

aps said:
Navy Pride, I have gone back and forth with KC and Deegan on this. I understand why people cannot stand Kennedy, so I hear what you're saying, bad boy. :)

Aw shucks, thank you:cheers:

Calm2Chaos said:
That or people are just suckered by the name.......

The whole clan is a little wrong as far as i'm concerned. I hate it when they call them american royalty. If royalty is rum running whoremongers womanizers drunken killing rapist then maybe the title fits

Everbody has skeletons in their closets. The Kennedy's are just highly publized because of who they are.

alphieb said:
Everbody has skeletons in their closets. The Kennedy's are just highly publized because of who they are.

Lets just keep it with Teddy...........Both JFK and RFK were honorable men and would turn over in their graves if they could see what their brother has become..........

Navy Pride said:
Whatever, typical liberal reaction to the facts, bury your head in the sand and deny it happened........:roll:
That's it. I've had enough of this from you, Navy Pride. You have something interesting to say? Say it. This blaming the liberals for everything that you disagree with is lame, retarded, hackneyed and over. KNOCK IT OFF.

shuamort said:
That's it. I've had enough of this from you, Navy Pride. You have something interesting to say? Say it. This blaming the liberals for everything that you disagree with is lame, retarded, hackneyed and over. KNOCK IT OFF.

shuamort, is this really a big deal? It's no different than what we get from others--ptsdkid and the like. I don't want to butt in here, but we all get annoyed by how the people on the opposite side are very quick to ignore negative facts about their own party. I will say no more.

shuamort, is this really a big deal? It's no different than what we get from others--ptsdkid and the like. I don't want to butt in here, but we all get annoyed by how the people on the opposite side are very quick to ignore negative facts about their own party. I will say no more.
Thank you aps. I admire you for posting this.

shuamort said:
If that were less of an occassion, I'd agree. But it doesn't seem so.

Okay. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but those kind of statements, to me, are not remotely offensive. What's offensive was some poster who threatened to kick the ass of another poster in a way that made me uncomfortable. NOTHING was said to that poster and a moderator was posting in that thread. I think belittling an individual is far worse than belittling a political party. But that is me.

Peace.

aps said:
Okay. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but those kind of statements, to me, are not remotely offensive. What's offensive was some poster who threatened to kick the ass of another poster in a way that made me uncomfortable. NOTHING was said to that poster and a moderator was posting in that thread. I think belittling an individual is far worse than belittling a political party. But that is me.

Peace.
I'm missing the threat to kick someone's ass. Care to point it out to me?

aps said:

Peace.

Somebody threaten another member? And a moderator was posting in the thread and didn't say anything, where is this?

shuamort said:

You will probably use your authority as a moderator now and ban me but I don't care......I just calls em as is sees em........If you don't like what I say don't respond to my posts............Got it?

Everyone take care, I will miss the banter and debate, especially with you aps...........

Last edited:
Please don't ban Navy Pride. I don't think he's much of a debator, but he's the Best Bush Apologist that DP has!

Just give him a medal and a hat with a propeller on top!

aps said:
Additionally, Kennedy isn't seeking to get a lifetime appointment as an impartial judge....Again, a judge is supposed to be UNBIASED, and it is the Senate Judiciary Committee's responsibility for determining whether there is bias, particularly when there is evidence of such (even just the appearance of it) in the nominee's past.

3 things:

1) I don't think judges ARE supposed to have no opinions or be unbiased. I want my judges to think a lot and have a multitude of opinions. The question is whether they can put their views aside and follow the Constitution or not-which Alito has proven himself able to do by voting 2 out of 3 times AGAINST abortion restrictions on the third circuit. Conservatives usually aren't the ones who have the problem following the Constitution. We don't believe in a "living Constitution" like liberals do.

The Constitution is timeless and rarely-if ever needs adaptations. It is a blueprint for how to and who should have the power to solve any given problems. It was brilliantly written, and those of us who believe in it so much (usually conservatives) are not a threat to its integrity.

Moreover, one of the most powerful Democrats in the senate right now is a judge who was impeached and disbarred for taking bribes for rulings. Again, disrespecting the honor and duty of being a judge is a problem of the left, not the right.

2) Ginsburg had memberships in some pretty radical feminist groups, but she always refuses to recuse herself from related cases...and the same liberals who care so much about Alito have never expressed any concern for that.

3) I will never take seriously racial criticisms from a party that would put a former Klansman in a leadership position.

libertarian_knight said:
Please don't ban Navy Pride. I don't think he's much of a debator, but he's the Best Bush Apologist that DP has!

Just give him a medal and a hat with a propeller on top!

That is scary.I am deep kimchee with you on my side........;)

Every judge that is nominated for the SCOTUS has his or hers political beliefs....That is not debateable.......The key is to put those beliefs aside and make your decision according to the U.S. Constitution.........

Navy Pride said:
You will probably use your authority as a moderator now and ban me but I don't care......I just calls em as is sees em........If you don't like what I say don't respond to my posts............Got it?

Everyone take care, I will miss the banter and debate, especially with you aps...........

Nope, no banning here by me. You're free to speak your mind just as much as I am.

shuamort said:
Nope, no banning here by me. You're free to speak your mind just as much as I am.

Fair enough, I did not realize you were so thin skinned..........I will keep that in mind if and when we spar......

In regards to your reference to all my liberal comments I do have 4,500 posts so if you put it in prospective it is not really that bad......
;)

Navy Pride said:
Fair enough, I did not realize you were so thin skinned..........I will keep that in mind if and when we spar......

In regards to your reference to all my liberal comments I do have 4,500 posts so if you put it in prospective it is not really that bad......
;)

Well, NP, it took a long time for you to post those 4,500 posts right? I would imagine it would take a whole lot longer to filter trhough all of them and find a 4,432 that "bashed liberals" :rofl

hehe sorry for confusing you in advance.

aps said:
KC, please provide me where I said that Laura Bush committed the same kind of selfish act. I have never said that. My point in bringing her up was to point out that bad things can happen to people and many people learn from those bad experiences.

Hold on Babbalou, maybe the going off the bridge just happened, but what he did afterwards did NOT just happen, he choose to do what he did which was leave her in that car in that cold water to drown. He could have gotten help and he chose not do that didn't just happen. Then he chose to lie about it that didn't just happen. And what pray tell do you think Kennedy learned from this? That he is privleged and can get away with manslaughter because of who he is, that's they only lesson I see out it.

If he was continuing to show behavior similar to that which he displayed way back when, I would think he was despicable.

But just leaving a woman to die a horrible death is not.

In the years that I have paid attention to his politics (and I grew up in Massachusetts, so I haven't just recently been observant), I have always liked him and found him to be a very articulate politician.

Tom Delay is a very articulate politican. I understand Jack the Ripper must have been very articulate too.

He does a great job for the people in Massachusetts. So those who say that he has bought his way into the Senate are fooling themselves.

He rode his brothers coat-tails. He is a blowhard of not very high intelligence and without any character.
So he's not perfect and he has a checkered past.

That's putting it lightly.

I don't condemn someone forever for that kind of behavior,

You should but I will make note of it the next time you condemn a Republican for something far less egregious.

particularly when they have expressed regret.

Are you kidding? When did he take responsiblity for her death, for leaving her to die?

And yes, I am aware of his behavior immediately after the incident. It doesn't change my assessment of him at all.

That's amazing. But then I bet you excused Bill Clinton too.

libertarian_knight said:
Well, NP, it took a long time for you to post those 4,500 posts right? I would imagine it would take a whole lot longer to filter trhough all of them and find a 4,432 that "bashed liberals" :rofl

hehe sorry for confusing you in advance.

I know you call yourself a libertarian but that said why do you liberals hate to be addressed as such.......I will never understand that.......I am a Conservative and proud of it..........

shuamort said:
You complained:

Then were proven wrong and this is your response:

Ain't nothin' gonna please you. Now, how soon after a friend has died, should remarks be made to the press regarding it? Is 11 hours long enough to grieve before talking to the newspapers or is that too soon? Give me an exact number so we all know what's appropriate for future incidents.

Now, how soon after Laura Welch's accident did she talk to the press? How about this answer;

We can play this lame game all day long, but it goes nowhere. That's my point here. You play tit, I can play tat. Why bitch about this crap and just stick with the issues at hand instead of playing lame partisan games?

Even aps realized how ridiculous it was to compare Ted's drowning of the young woman to Laura Welch's accident. The two don't compare. Now who's being partisan?

Back
Top Bottom