• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ken Starr on Trump's Legal Jeopardy: 'We're Nowhere Near' Indictable or Impeachable Offenses

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ken Starr on Trump's Legal Jeopardy: 'We're Nowhere Near' Indictable or Impeachable Offenses | Fox News Insider

Former independent counsel Ken Starr said recent legal developments may have been embarrassing for President Trump, but he doesn't believe the president is at risk of indictment or impeachment.

Some Democrats in recent days have upped their rhetoric against Trump, following the release of a sentencing memo for his former attorney Michael Cohen.
The memo says that Cohen made hush-money payments to women who allegedly had affairs with Trump, and those payments were made “in coordination with and at the direction of” Trump.

We're nowhere near an indictable offense from what we know, assuming that the president could be indicted," Starr said. "And I don't think we're anywhere near an impeachable offense, given what we now know."
Former Special Counsel Ken Starr disagrees with the pundits.

Conservatives no longer get to set the standard for what constitutes indictable and impeachable offenses, since those standards have always been made in bad faith.

To whit:

Hatch dismisses allegations of Trump crimes over hush money. Asked if he had any concerns, Hatch said: “The Democrats will do anything to hurt this president.” Told it was alleged by SDNY, Hatch told me: “Okay but I don’t care; all I can say is he’s doing a good job as President”

Hatch added this when asked if he was concerned about allegations. “No because I don’t think he was involved in crimes but even then, you know, you can make anything a crime under the current laws; if you want to you can blow it way out of proportion you can do a lot of things.”

Hatch also told me: “President Trump before he became president that’s another world. Since he’s become president this economy has charged ahead. ... And I think we ought to judge him on that basis other than trying to drum up things from the past that may or may not be true.”

Grassley, the Senate Judiciary chairman, similarly dismisses the federal prosecutors’ argument: “They based it on what a liar says, so it hurts the credibility of it.”

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1072244175544963073

So when a Conservative dangles some ever-changing standard for what will change his mind, he's lying. After Friday, Conservatives have disqualified themselves from serious discussion.

Conservatives no longer get to set the standard for what constitutes indictable and impeachable offenses, since those standards have always been made in bad faith.

To whit:

So when a Conservative dangles some ever-changing standard for what will change his mind, he's lying. After Friday, Conservatives have disqualified themselves from serious discussion.

Is Dershowitz suddenly a conservative? The crime was Stormy and Avenatti extorting Trump.

Do we have in the public enough information to warrant it? Not really.
Does SDNY, considering they just implicated Trump in a felony conspiracy? Maybe.
Is it politically the right time? I don't think so.

I agree we'd have to see SDNY attorney's make a case first, and then decide. Without the resolution of the Mueller investigation, I think it's too early.
Personally I'd like to see:
- The House in January investigate all the big ticket issues that Nunes and other Republicans, tried to bury out of guilty or shame. Could be crimes, could be ethics breaches, could be embarrassing for Republicans.
As that peaks
- Mueller investigation concludes with Don Jr, Stone, etc., indicted, and Trump accused of obstruction, possibly among other felonies.
- AO SDNY comes out with evidence describing the crime/case they would indict Trump with, if they were able to (can they even do that?)

All three at once should coincide so it can all be addressed at once, instead of drip drip.
That's if we want to see the case for impeachment.
If we want isntead to let Trump ride out his 2 years in shame and difficulty, elect a Democrat, then indict him and his close family...that might see more justice done.
But it's a gamble. Trump could resign and get pardoned, Trump can pardon everyone, etc. Seeing complete justice served may elude us.

As such, I'd like to see all evidence against Trump to come out early in the year, all together, so the issue of impeachment can be discussed, and resolved.

Last edited:
Ken Starr was unsuccessful in following through on WJC and he was in charge at Baylor when the scandal flourished and was made public. Two big disappointments; who cares what Ken Starr has to say?

Is Dershowitz suddenly a conservative? The crime was Stormy and Avenatti extorting Trump.

Read the Senators' statements. The pretense of some magical "standard" is just that: a pretense.

Last edited:

To whit:

you alt left radicalists have been saying trump will be locked up for years.

you also said hillary would win by a landslide. your predictions are beyond worthless

To whit:

Does this mean that you will no longer be having conversations with forum conservatives?

Read the Senators' tweets. The pretense of some magical "standard" is just that: a pretense.

No, the standard is that an actual crime has to occur. People refer to the John Edwards case but Edwards took money from campaign donations to cover up his affair. Trump did no such thing. If using your own money to keep derogatory information from becoming public is a crime, then probably many members of Congress could be charged. What's really funny is that taxpayers pay to maintain a fund for Congress to pay settlements with victims of sexual abuse by members. That is OK but Trump paying his own money is some crime? Not even close.

you alt left radicalists have been saying trump will be locked up for years.

you also said hillary would win by a landslide. your predictions are beyond worthless

Please quote me saying those three things.

No, the standard is that an actual crime has to occur.

False. Read the Senators' statements. They don't care even if they were convinced of a crime. So demanding evidence of a crime is a show of bad faith because they don't care anyway.

I think it would be pretty obvious that you would need a Democratic majority in both the House and the Senate in order to impeach Trump.

There is simply no chance of any Republicans in the Senate voting yes.

False. Read the Senators' statements. They don't care even if they were convinced of a crime. So demanding evidence of a crime is a show of bad faith because they don't care anyway.

The people who obviously don't care are the Democrats who are trying to manufacture a crime where none exists.

I think it would be pretty obvious that you would need a Democratic majority in both the House and the Senate in order to impeach Trump.

Which is actually why House Democrats should just go ahead and file articles of impeachment anyway. If nothing is going to move Republicans, then they're no longer a serious party to the discussion. If they don't draft articles of impeachment for the sole reason that Republicans would never go along with it no matter what, then that decision makes its own statement about our nation's values and principles, and that statement is not a good one.

Of course it happened. Otherwise there was no reason for Trump to give them a dime.

Newp. Still, it's fun to watch you pretend things in your imagination actually exist when you have absolutely no proof of them.

Esteemed legal scholar Jonathan Turley, a commentator and writer for MSM also can't see the there that is there regarding Trump being in hot water.
I guess we shouldn't take Turley seriously either. :lol:

To whit:

This, times a thousand.

The people who obviously don't care are the Democrats who are trying to manufacture a crime where none exists.

Hatch dismisses allegations of Trump crimes over hush money. Asked if he had any concerns, Hatch said: “The Democrats will do anything to hurt this president.” Told it was alleged by SDNY, Hatch told me: “Okay but I don’t care; all I can say is he’s doing a good job as President”

Of course not. Impeachment is DOA so any efforts by the Dems in the House will be nothing but a waste of time. However, they are happy to do it because it will distract and divert from Trump actually governing. They also think it will help for 2020. That may be a serious miscalculation.

Please quote me saying those three things.

back trackin! lol (laugh out loud) after your hero lady lost, all you radical leftists tried to pretend you didnt like her.

this is too hilarious (cant spell hilarious without hil!) lol (laugh out loud).

youll vote for her again too

Nobody can point to the law or statute supposedly violated. The reason is because no crime occurred. Spending your own money to keep derogatory information secret is not a crime. I wonder if spending campaign money to manufacture a fake dossier and then use it to get FISA warrants is a crime. Yes, I think it is.

back trackin! lol (laugh out loud) after your hero lady lost, all you radical leftists tried to pretend you didnt like her.

this is too hilarious (cant spell hilarious without hil!) lol (laugh out loud).

youll vote for her again too

So you were lying then when you ascribed past beliefs or statements to me. Next time you accuse others of saying something, I suggest you first find evidence that they ever said it.

Back
Top Bottom