• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kelzie - the Hawkish Democrat Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
First off, yes we exist. We're just rare.:lol:

Figure I'll start with my political views, since that's why we're here, after all. I'm something of a fake Democrat, really much more of a moderate Libertarian. But I sell out and vote Democrat cause I'm realistic about a third party's chance. I support almost no government intervention in the economy unless it's correcting for an externality. This means that orphanages, pollution control, and college tuition expenses are all still okay (trust me, an uneducated populous is a negative externality). Cutting million dollar checks to agri-corporations or oil companies is not okay.

I'm an extreme social liberal. And by extreme, I mean if it doesn't hurt you personally, legalize it. Gay marriage, drugs, etc. As long as it doesn't force unwilling participants around you to suffer, it's fine. Which is why I'm also for smoking bans in bars.

I support the War in Iraq and the coming War in Iran. Oh yes, it'll happen. I think it takes a strong group of people to stand up for human rights not only in their country, but on the other side of the planet. The enslavement of half the population will always be reason enough for me to invade.

Personal crap: I was mostly raised an army brat. I'm the oldest of six and I love em to death. I run distance...umm..and like to cook. That's all I got. I'm a student at the University of Colorado at Boulder, aka the hippy capital of the world. I'm majoring in poly sci and hope to go on to grad school eventually.

That's about it kids. Play safe. :2wave:

*Edit*

I no longer go to CU Boulder, though I am hoping to go back for my business degree at some point in the near future. I have the most fantastic job in the world, I sell and drink wine. A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom