• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kellyanne Conway to leave White House at end of month

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

0Tcojw_0WjzU04g00

8/23/20
White House counselor Kellyanne Conway will depart her position in the Trump administration at the end of the month to focus on family matters, she said in a statement late Sunday. "This is completely my choice and my voice," Conway said. "In time, I will announce future plans. For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama." Conway has been a close adviser to the president dating back to the 2016 campaign. She was the first woman to manage a victorious presidential campaign after she took the reins late in the 2016 cycle, and she has served in her White House role since the beginning of the administration. Conway's husband, George, separately wrote on Twitter that he would be leaving his role with the Lincoln Project, a group of anti-Trump Republicans, for similar reasons. The conflict between the Conways - he an outspoken Trump critic and she one of his most ardent and visible defenders - has prompted social media speculation about their marriage. Their daughter, Claudia, also gained social media notoriety in recent weeks for TikTok and Twitter posts swiping at the president and referencing the clashing views of her parents.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

They have four children. I don’t know how this has lasted as long as it has. Kellyanne has been there from the start and George didn’t start his sniping right away. Trump rarely returned George’s fire. Must have been awkward to say the least......

She’s been looking kinda beat up lately. From what I’ve seen, even if I agreed with him policy wise you couldn’t pay me enough to work for him.

EVERYTHING Trump touches bites the dust!

Trump rocks? If trailing TP up the stairs of AF1 and stumbling down a ramp at West Point is rocking ... but ...

"If you don't rock with him he'll wack ya" -Ice Tea

They have four children. I don’t know how this has lasted as long as it has. Kellyanne has been there from the start and George didn’t start his sniping right away. Trump rarely returned George’s fire. Must have been awkward to say the least......

I don't want to assume, but I'm guessing the four kids may have had something to do with them staying together. The craziest thing about their little soap opera was this interview in 2018:

"Me [Terris]: You told me you found [George’s tweets] disrespectful.

Kellyanne: It is disrespectful, it’s a violation of basic decency, certainly, if not marital vows . . . as “a person familiar with their relationship.”

Me: No, we’re on the record here. You can’t say after the fact “as someone familiar.”

Kellyanne: I told you everything about his tweets was off the record.

Me: No, that’s not true. That never happened.

Kellyanne: Well, people do see it this way. People do see it that way, I don’t say I do, but people see it that way.

Me: But I’m saying we never discussed everything about his tweets being off the record. There are certain things you said that I put off the record.

Kellyanne: Fine. I’ve never actually said what I think about it and I won’t say what I think about it, which tells you what I think about it."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...89b82a-9b46-11e8-843b-36e177f3081c_story.html

And every single American at once tried picturing Kellyanne and George coming home at night and wondered how that evening went.

Back
Top Bottom