• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kellyanne Conway to leave post in the White House to focus on her family

TomFitz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Kellyanne Conway to leave post in the White House to focus on her family | Fox News

George is leaving too, which lends a certain symmetry to the whole thing.

After all, the power couple have been playing both sides of the fence for some time now. Positioning themselves to remain players regardless of the outcome. A play out of the James Carrillo/Mary Maitlan book.

There were press reports earlier this year that Robert and Rebekah Mercer were not going to be on the Trump/Russia team this year. And Mercer was the one who installed Kelly Ann Conway as Trump campaign manager and made sure she was in the Trump White House. Which is why she has been untouchable in an Administration where everyone else sits on a trap door controlled by der fuhrer’s fragile ego.

I suppose that it’s good that she is focusing less on drama and more on mama (although this sounds like she’s stealing a line from Kamala Harris, a tiny slight that here boss won’t miss).

But senior White House staff and cabinet secretaries in the last two Republican administrations have a more or less regular habit of departing abruptly on Friday afternoons, or in the shadows of larger events in order to spend more time with their families.

In many cases, they’re one step ahead of the process servers.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I will miss her. Her attempts to keep her eyes from crossing whilst she expounded illogical ways to fit facts into a pro-President of the United States of America Donald Trump format were amusing.

I wish her well. I'll miss the entertainment.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Wonder what the final straw was. What is ever the final straw when you’re in a cult?

Deuce

Outer space potato man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It’s either the daughter seeking emancipation from her monstrous parents or a dead hooker.

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It’s either the daughter seeking emancipation from her monstrous parents or a dead hooker.

The excuse for a dead hooker writes itself. “Meh. She knew the dangerous lifestyle when she chose it. Hookers are killed by murderous psychopaths every day.”

Conservative

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kellyanne Conway to leave post in the White House to focus on her family | Fox News

After all, the power couple have been playing both sides of the fence for some time now. Positioning themselves to remain players regardless of the outcome. A play out of the James Carrillo/Mary Maitlan book.

There were press reports earlier this year that Robert and Rebekah Mercer were not going to be on the Trump/Russia team this year. And Mercer was the one who installed Kelly Ann Conway as Trump campaign manager and made sure she was in the Trump White House. Which is why she has been untouchable in an Administration where everyone else sits on a trap door controlled by der fuhrer’s fragile ego.

I suppose that it’s good that she is focusing less on drama and more on mama (although this sounds like she’s stealing a line from Kamala Harris, a tiny slight that here boss won’t miss).

But senior White House staff and cabinet secretaries in the last two Republican administrations have a more or less regular habit of departing abruptly on Friday afternoons, or in the shadows of larger events in order to spend more time with their families.

So you believe working at the WH is a permanent position? Seems there is a lot of excitement and anti Trump rhetoric anytime someone leaves the Trump Administration as if that has any direct effect on you. How does this and any other Trump Administration official impact you and why is it so important? Does it affect you fiscally, socially, economically, personally?

You keep trying to sell these issues as important to the American people and see what happens in November. You apparently have a strong desire to get rid of Trump which explains your liberal ideology as Trump is destroying it!

TomFitz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Fear of being implicated.

The storm is coming..

That could be likely.

Robert Mercer installed her in the position after Manafort’s Russians connections were exposed in the press.

(which leads me to an aside...It isn’t as though many many people in official Washington didn’t know that Manafort had been mixed up with the Russians before 2016. I knew it...)

Tracking the Yachts and Jets of the Mega-Rich - The New York Times

They had to go through another one of their money laundering friends to make sure that their “man” was in the campaign. Stone had to stay out, for plausible deniability reasons. Stone was “fired” by Trump after the Meghan Kelly nonsense in 2015. But that was most likely a positioning move. Stone, as we have since learned, was a principal player in the Russian collusion scheme.

TomFitz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So you believe working at the WH is a permanent position? Seems there is a lot of excitement and anti Trump rhetoric anytime someone leaves the Trump Administration as if that has any direct effect on you. How does this and any other Trump Administration official impact you and why is it so important? Does it affect you fiscally, socially, economically, personally?

You keep trying to sell these issues as important to the American people and see what happens in November. You apparently have a strong desire to get rid of Trump which explains your liberal ideology as Trump is destroying it!

It was as close to being permanent as any position in the Trump Administration is, other than the relatives.

Everyone else is clearly disposable on a whim.

I see you’re still peddling your dishonest little “impact on you” attempt to limit discussion. It never worked, and it’s not working now.

And you’ve already tried to pretend that the “American people” don’t know who Steve Bannon or Kelly Ann Conway are.

Dispite the fact that these two faces and voices have been more or less regulars on Fox, and every one of your AM right wing radio talk shows for four years.

In that respect, you’re parroting your fuhrer again.

Peddle that somewhere else.

Last edited:

TomFitz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Fear of being implicated.

The storm is coming..

Robert Mercer has said he isn’t supporting Trump this time. She was installed in the White House in order to keep an eye on Trump.

If Mercer isn’t supporting, it’s probable that the Russians may not be either. That, of course, may be what they want us to think too.

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

From what I gather, it was emancipation from Kellyanne specifically.

I understand the feeling. I'd feel like I had lost my parents if they suddenly turned full-on Trumpist.

Conservative

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It was as close to being permanent as any position in the Trump Administration is, other than the relatives.

Everyone else is clearly disposable on a whim.

I see you’re still peddling your dishonest little “impact on you” attempt to limit discussion. It never worked, and it’s not working now.

And you’ve already tried to pretend that the “American people” don’t know who Steve Bannon or Kelly Ann Conway are.

Dispite the fact that these two faces and voices have been more or less regulars on Fox, and every one of your AM right wing radio talk shows for four years.

In that respect, you’re parroting your fuhrer again.

Peddle that somewhere else.

There is no such thing as a permanent position in a term limited job but the question remains, how does this affect you and your family?? IT DOESN'T!!

Calling the President the Fuhrer is nothing more than typical leftwing name calling diverting from your own party issues. Pocketbook issues resonate with the American electorate not political appointees that have no impact in those issues.

Let me know when you want to talk about real issues like violence in the cities, liberal death toll and reaction to COVID 19, Biden's increased taxes plan, Green energy deal, healthcare for all, redistribution of wealth and federal bail out of liberal states and cities, cities rebuilding due to rioting?

Gimmesometruth

I'm Bored
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
There is no such thing as a permanent position in a term limited job but the question remains, how does this affect you and your family?? IT DOESN'T!!
I don't think ANYONE said "this is a Kelly thread about how she affects you", so why do you try to turn every thread into something like that?

Calling the President the Fuhrer is nothing more than typical leftwing name calling diverting from your own party issues.Pocketbook issues resonate with the American electorate not political appointees that have no impact in those issues.
Again, you are arguing that a thread about Kelly should have argument about how Kelly affects anyone personally.....why do you keep doing this? What makes you the arbiter of how Kelly is discussed?

Let me know when you want to talk about real issues like violence in the cities, liberal death toll and reaction to COVID 19, Biden's increased taxes plan, Green energy deal, healthcare for all, redistribution of wealth and federal bail out of liberal states and cities, cities rebuilding due to rioting?
Those topics are for other threads, no one is required to discuss them in a thread about Kelly.

This what she looks like when she reads your posts...

1562098183364.jpg

Don't do that to Kelly...

Germinator

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I will miss her. Her attempts to keep her eyes from crossing whilst she expounded illogical ways to fit facts into a pro-President of the United States of America Donald Trump format were amusing.

I wish her well. I'll miss the entertainment.

the USA (along w/ the rest of the world) does not need more political entertainment or "alternative facts"

actually seems we're in a big mess right now because of too much political entertainment AND "alternative facts"

feadc9e36a511cdf145e7ae7a7199b76e041d028.jpeg

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
the USA (along w/ the rest of the world) does not need more political entertainment or "alternative facts"

actually seems we're in a big mess right now because of too much political entertainment AND "alternative facts"

feadc9e36a511cdf145e7ae7a7199b76e041d028.jpeg

Hi!

Thanks for taking time to respond.

'Fake news' and downright lies are of importance only to the extent that American voters are willing to either A) believe them and/or B) put up with them.

My faith resides in the American voters.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

TomFitz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Hi!

Thanks for taking time to respond.

'Fake news' and downright lies are of importance only to the extent that American voters are willing to either A) believe them and/or B) put up with them.

My faith resides in the American voters.

]

I like to think so as well. Although the proposition is being tested severely right now.

TomFitz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Calling the President the Fuhrer is nothing more than typical leftwing name calling diverting from your own party issues. Pocketbook issues resonate with the American electorate not political appointees that have no impact in those issues.

I’m not interested in your bogey men, trashy fake news blogs, and reactionary trash talk.

And less so in your lame rationalizations and ridiculous deflections.

Diesel

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

I thought earlier today when I read this story, "Trump is even determined to destroy Conway's family. Everything he touches burns to the ground. People outside of his family have to either distance from him or let him ruin their lives." I hope Conway's family is able to rehabilitate past her demon behavior. I hope that she can be returned to normal human society, but she must never be forgiven for what she did in the name of Trump.

TomFitz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I thought earlier today when I read this story, "Trump is even determined to destroy Conway's family. Everything he touches burns to the ground. People outside of his family have to either distance from him or let him ruin their lives." I hope Conway's family is able to rehabilitate past her demon behavior. I hope that she can be returned to normal human society, but she must never be forgiven for what she did in the name of Trump.

That isn’t it at all.

The Conways have been positioning themselves as a bi partisan DC power couple.

The very essence of the DC “swamp”.

George litigates and works the Democratic side of the aisle.

Kelly Ann works for Robert Mercer, the hedge fund billionaire who stepped into the Trump campaign in August of 2016, and installed Kelly Ann in the Trump campaign, and later in the Trump White House.

They’re like James Carville and Mary Maitlin in that regard. Carville lived on MSNBC during the Clinton era. Maitlan lived on Fox during the Bush years. This is the Conway’s play.

I have no idea what their marriage is like. Nor do I put much faith in media speculation about it. After all. Melania Trump was able to hoodwink the media into portraying her as a sympathetic character.

George got the Lincoln Project up and running, and now that it is an effective force in the campaign to remove Trump, he can afford to step back.

And now is the perfect time for Kelly Ann to leave. She has the cover of the convention, which will grab all the eyeballs in the media circus. Her departure will seem to be much smaller news than it actually is.

And she would have stayed had they had real confidence in Trump’s chances. But since Mercer’s Russian friends are being non committal. So he won’t play the savior this time.

Why do you think Trump is on the phone with Moscow every other week now.

Last edited:

tacomancer

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

To be honest, as a father, I wish their family the best as I know how hard it can be. It seems things are not ok in their family.

Anti-Trump Claudia Conway wants '''emancipation''' from family, slams mom - Insider

KLATTU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I think she'll *BUST* out on the speaker circuit.

859_1000.jpgny-1538318587-pizth19kf3-snap-image.jpg

jnug

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
KellyAnn said in announcing her departure "Less drama, more Mama". ....Less drama.....Governance IS NOT drama. Drama is a theatrical form. But of course many of us knew that what is left of the GOP, the Trumplicans are not engaged in governance. Heck they are barely engaged in politics any longer.

Top Bottom