• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kelly: Trump's not building a wall

Only if they were assured that it would not be effective, could be "phased in" and done at a just pretend (low) cost. Let's face it - neither border security nor interior immigration law enforcement is a congressional priority or can be done without getting real about rounding up and deporting the 12M (to 20M?) illegal immigrants currently roaming freely among us. The last amnesty for 3M illegal immigrants simply rolled out the welcome mat for at least 4X that many more. "Taking action on illegal immigration" now involves congress critters allocating some additional token funding (typically borrowed) and moving on.
Actually by "everyone", I was thinking in terms of the general public & voting populace.

But you're right: Our government's and our politicians' disregard for illegal immigration and illegal hiring is a travesty. I can relate to Trump supporters at that level. Very much, in fact.

Actually by "everyone", I was thinking in terms of the general public & voting populace.

But you're right: Our government's and our politicians' disregard for illegal immigration and illegal hiring is a travesty. I can relate to Trump supporters at that level. Very much, in fact.

That is my opinion as well.

Often my argument with the current Right is more in form and tactic than in substance. Unfortunately while Trumpets are not IMO real conservatives and would not know an actual Conservative if he was a hood ornament on a Mack Truck that just ran them over, they have adopted the one aspect of the GOP and the modern Conservative movement generally that is really disturbing and fairly new...a few decades old.

They oppose or outright attack the weakest possible targets. They take those that are in the main already oppressed and make them the objects of their ire thus punishing them in some weird, grotesque and gruesome means of attempting to punish those that they simply do not have the courage to oppose.... GUTLESS.....truly GUTLESS. Its not worthy of the creators of modern conservative who all predate idiots like Newt Gingrich or any of this current crowd of charlatans.

Nancy Pelosi's home doesn't have a wall. Why do you believe that her home has a wall?
The right wing maga media complex told him?

Edit: Confirmed.

You are correct - that was an internet hoax that popped up on a Google search.
However, I do find this interesting:

The pink-and-brown mansion, often considered a monument to Roaring `20s ostentation, stretches from Lake Worth to the Atlantic Ocean--hence its Spanish name, ''Mar,'' the sea, and ''Lago,'' the lake.

It contains a cavernous living room, 58 bedrooms, 33 bathrooms, 27 servants` rooms, 12 fireplaces, 3 bomb shelters, a theater, a ballroom, a wine celler, a 9-car garage, 2 greenhouses, a citrus grove and a 9-hole golf course on the 17-acre grounds. Shards of broken wine bottles are pressed into the top of the wall surrounding the estate.

*emphasis mine

Source: (Chicago Tribune) DEVELOPER TRUMP TACKLES `20S MANSION

1000.jpeg

However, I do find this interesting:

"Shards of broken wine bottles are pressed into the top of the wall surrounding the estate."

You know, in all fairness there have been mean pointy things at the tops of walls for centuries, but there's just something about broken wine bottles that strikes me as particularly creepy.

For Context:
Trump: “My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings, but I try.”

These idiots don't even know what to call the thing that they are trying to fund!!!!!!!!!! :lamo

Kelly unloads:

Kelly: ‘To be honest, it’s not a wall’

Kellyanne Responds:

Conway: Border wall debate 'a silly semantic argument'

Seems to me, "the wall," just like the deal for funding for "the wall," and his net worth fluctuates and is based on his feelings on what people want. There's no concrete and no concrete plan.

Also it seems the administration is once again mocking their supporters who first came up with the build the wall slogan...which trump ran with.

So, Trump went from Mexico will pay for the wall to what wall?

God, are his supporters stupid.

For Context:
Trump: “My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings, but I try.”

These idiots don't even know what to call the thing that they are trying to fund!!!!!!!!!! :lamo

Kelly unloads:

Kellyanne Responds:

Seems to me, "the wall," just like the deal for funding for "the wall," and his net worth fluctuates and is based on his feelings on what people want. There's no concrete and no concrete plan.

Also it seems the administration is once again mocking their supporters who first came up with the build the wall slogan...which trump ran with.

I'm still waiting to see a reputable study showing that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's "wall" is an economically sound strategy for limiting immigration and drug smuggling. So far crickets.

You know, in all fairness there have been mean pointy things at the tops of walls for centuries, but there's just something about broken wine bottles that strikes me as particularly creepy.
Yeah. My point with my post was that Trump, not Pelosi, was the politico with the walled-in domestic residence. But after I posted, it did dawn on me how Trump had recently Tweeted this funky looking wall structure with pointy sharp conical protrusions at the top. Yes, it is creepily strange indeed.

Actually, I saw this throughout South America back in 1979. Everything from middle class neighborhoods to upscale beach houses had walls with broken glass bottles embedded in the top. I saw it in at least 8 different countries. It's far less obtrusive and expensive than razor wire.

What is the Pelosi plan for securing the border? She has a wall around her own home yet that wall is not immoral in the least.

She paid for her own wall, not the tax payer, get it ?

Kelly? Kelly who? I think he used to serve cofeve at Mar A Lago.

What is the Pelosi plan for securing the border? She has a wall around her own home yet that wall is not immoral in the least.

Got a cite to back up your claim?

For Context:

Kelly unloads:

Kellyanne Responds:

And it seems that everyone but Trump in his admin are saying it’s not really a wall. As of his tweet this morning he said it is in fact going to be a wall, therefore he does not want to negotiate for anything but a wall.

In this case yes because that technique is more commonly used as a cheaper alternative to barbed wire. I've only seen that used in poor areas of Latin American countries I've visited.

Back
Top Bottom