• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Keeping Illegal Mexicans Out Of The USA

Neither I nor Biden want illegals to come here, tho I recognize the subsidy they provide my lifestyle by their cheap labor. Trump had a full court press against all immigrants and refugees in any area, legal or illegal. He brilliantly seized on a topic as old as the Know Nothings in pre-Civil War days, and demagogued it. He called illegals rapists, legals poisonous snakes, refugees terrorists. I doubt he gave a shit about the issue, except as a tool for him. No different than his birtherism BS.
I'm an immigrant and should know by now that sarcasm over the internet is useless. Sorry. Love you. And all of your points are well thought out and relevant ✌️💗

Look, neither you nor I know everything that is involved in these decisions but there is something called common sense that needs to be used. For every decision there are benefits and consequences. There are costs involved and evaluating the costs versus the benefits is something you nor I have enough information about or ability to do.

Let me ask you one simple question. Do you know of any nation that has been able to shut down illegal immigration to any great extent? If you cannot come up with one, it likely means there are no foolproof ways to do it.

You build a wall, spend billions to do it and the illegal aliens find ways to get in anyhow by finding other ways to enter (through the use of boats, burrowing under the walls, going over the wall, going to Canada and entering through there, or other ways that smart people always find ways to do. Ever heard of the famous adage of "when there is a will there is a way"?What you are left with is a Wall that cost you billions of dollars to build and all you have done is "ebb" the amount of people coming in by a small amount.

Lets face it. If things were as bad here in the U.S. as they are in other countries, even a person like you would find a way to move to another country to get away. The fear of dying, starving, and always being in feat and pain is a powerful incentive to "find a way to live better".

What I am telling you is "simple common sense" on a problem that is being faced by every single country in the world that is better than where the illegal aliens are coming from. No one has found a way yet to stop it completely.

The only thing that can be done is to use your head by spending the least amount of money to get the best results "possible". You don't go running wild and saying "build a wall that will cost us an arm and a limb because we cannot allow one single illegal alien from coming in". In addition, have you forgotten already that illegal aliens are the ones willing to work for nothing and willing to work the jobs that no one else wants to do? Even if your wall was successful in stopping illegal aliens, it could be at an exorbitant cost not only to the nation but to you yourself. The lettuce that you are buying now for $1 could go to $3 or $5 or more. The fruits you eat, the bread you eat, the services you presently enjoy could become exorbitantly costly or totally disappear.

Remember the adages of 1) be careful what you ask for as you might get it and be sorry you did and 2) for every negative there is a positive. There are quite a few positives to illegal aliens and if you get rid of them, you might find your own life gets a lot harder than what you imagined.

Relax. As long a people are aware of the problem and doing "something" about it, it probably means they are doing all (or at least most) of what can be done.

Your bitching and complaining is not going to do any good, especially to you personally because instead of learning to cope with what it is, you are making your life miserable by trying to make it what it can't be.

You won't want to hear it but there is at least one country that has solved its border problem. Look up Hungary and their tiny little fence and their effective return policy. They only need such a little barrier because of the return policy which we also had before BIDEN.
You don't like the fence idea because it isn't 100% effective. What the hell is? Are you really going to tell me that in July 212 thousand men, women and children would scale or dig under that fence? Don't be ridiculous.
Your approval of these immigrants working for less than prevailing wage without benefits, is akin to supporting slave labor. It is true that our citizens won't work the fields picking vegetables but how about the trade union jobs? Do you not realize the affect these people have on our carpenters, roofers, sheet rock installers or any other building trades? Look at any construction site today and see how it is populated.
Yes, I bitch about it and will continue until the liberal left wakes up and our so called leaders do something meaningful.

I'm an immigrant and should know by now that sarcasm over the internet is useless. Sorry. Love you. And all of your points are well thought out and relevant ✌️💗
Thanks so much. My dad, grandparents and many relatives were immigrants, and I worked with asylum seekers for 20 years, so Trump’s comments seemed both idiotic and offensive to me.

Thanks so much. My dad, grandparents and many relatives were immigrants, and I worked with asylum seekers for 20 years, so Trump’s comments seemed both idiotic and offensive to me.
I'm pretty sure it's not just his comments that are idiotic and offensive. But yeah, you hit the nail on the head

Not to mention the human trafficking (under age as well) and narco trafficking and all the crime that comes along with those. Securing the border has been shown to tamp those activities down as well.
No evidence wall did anything

Walls (fixed fortifications) can only do so much. Just like the French Maginot line, the Germans went around it to invade France. Easy-peasy-Japanesy.

The real "wall" happens by not allowing illegals once here to defraud our system through their anchor babies for billion of dollars in welfare, entitlements, free healthcare, free education, free food, etc. So, of course they will find a way in, especially where there are ZERO disincentives to their illegal act of coming here. One thing that must happen is anyone who has used a fake/stolen social security number should be immediately convicted of a felony, deported, and that person NEVER allowed back in.

We need a national ID, and nobody who is here who can't prove legal residency should be able to drive a car, use healthcare, put a kid in school, rent an apartment, nothing. Some nations are like that. You sneak in and then try to disapear into the country and then find a job or rent an apartment, and you are fleshed out.

And another thing; just like people who complain about cartels and drug crime, but who are recreational users created the market and the cartels, the same goes for illegal alien workers. So, every one of you who hires a nanny, a housekeeper, a gardener, a painter, or who has your car washed at a car wash, or occasionally eats at a taco truck. YOU are all contributing to the economic incentive for these illegals to come here when you FAIL to question or consider that most of those workers are illegal aliens. A good start is to mow your own lawn, wash your own car, and clean your own house. Especially when YOU KNOW that below minimum wage worker giving you such a great deal is probably illegal. People who hire illegals have to room to complain about people coming across the border.

Lastly, birth right citizenship is about as dumb as putting your own gun to your own head. We have allowed our nation and culture to be destroyed by open or unprotected borders and a failure to have a coherent punative immigration disensentive for law breakers, while encourging legal immigration from the better nations and peoples around the world like we used to before 1965 when we opened the door to endless chain migration from the worst places.
You want people to carry around their "papers" to show to any Gestapo officer that asks, huh?

You won't want to hear it but there is at least one country that has solved its border problem. Look up Hungary and their tiny little fence and their effective return policy. They only need such a little barrier because of the return policy which we also had before BIDEN.
You don't like the fence idea because it isn't 100% effective. What the hell is? Are you really going to tell me that in July 212 thousand men, women and children would scale or dig under that fence? Don't be ridiculous.
Your approval of these immigrants working for less than prevailing wage without benefits, is akin to supporting slave labor. It is true that our citizens won't work the fields picking vegetables but how about the trade union jobs? Do you not realize the affect these people have on our carpenters, roofers, sheet rock installers or any other building trades? Look at any construction site today and see how it is populated.
Yes, I bitch about it and will continue until the liberal left wakes up and our so called leaders do something meaningful.
Stop blaming illegals because you trumpers are lazy and unemployable

Back
Top Bottom