• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Keeping Illegal Mexicans Out Of The USA

He really didn't want those brown people coming in
Something tells me this is your stance on the issue and not his. But then again, this isn't the first time I've seen someone directly lie about something Trump said, or even stood for.

Im all fine and dandy with Mexicans coming into the USA legally. Its people who come into the USA illegally, including but not limited to Mexicans that do so, that I have a problem with.

and guess what? No one cares what YOU are fine with

peace

Right wingers always say they are fine with legal immigration but never want to make that process easier.
Why is everything expected to be easier from voting to Immigration? It’s a controlled process. Never intended to be easy. If they want it, comply with the process.

Something tells me this is your stance on the issue and not his. But then again, this isn't the first time I've seen someone directly lie about something Trump said, or even stood for.

LOL

Yeah, that would be so wrong, to lie about a liar.

LOL

The title should just say "Illegals", because even if someone comes through Mexico to get here. It doesn't actually mean that they're Mexican themselves.

Yes, the ones that come legally.

**** that shit. The ****ing US government/military and US corporations cross borders and **** people over all the time. **** the border.

The title should just say "Illegals", because even if someone comes through Mexico to get here. It doesn't actually mean that they're Mexican themselves.
They are criminals and felons

If your goal is improved border security, a 1500 mile wall is a ludicrously inefficient way to spend your money. So why are you for it?
Yeah, but it is an overly simplistic idea to sell to simpletons...

If your goal is improved border security, a 1500 mile wall is a ludicrously inefficient way to spend your money. So why are you for it?
Border walls have proven themselves effective on borders around the world. Especially when supplemented with additional security measures. A border wall cannot stand all by itself and be expected to be effective without those supplemental security measures. Neither could those supplemental security measures stand on their own without a wall. The two are significant parts of a larger whole.

It's called a deterrent and it's also called time.
It takes time for someone to climb over the new design wall which was being erected. It is that time which allows CBP to respond and arrive on scene (supplemental systems having in pointed the location). The two together, plus the CPB, have proven themselves effective, as we have seen in the previous administration.

I once floated the idea of stationing military sniper teams at 1 mile intervals along the border. Have them move every night so that you'd never know where they were. I would hazard a guess that this would be both effective and cost effective, but I don't think that you'd got for it (and frankly, neither would I, if you get right down to it).

So a wall with the needed supplemental security systems to enhance the effectiveness of both and mobile CBP to respond to incursions.

Right wingers always say they are fine with legal immigration but never want to make that process easier.

Well, I want to make the process easier. I want as many decent, hard-working people who want to come to the United States and become American citizens to immigrate here.

At least Trump wanted to build a border wall between the USA and Mexico, so far Biden has done nothing to keep illegals out. I am all fine and dandy, as Trump was, with Mexicans coming over to the USA LEGALLY by following proper LEGA PROCEDURES. The purpose of a border wall is to keep ILLEGALS out. It makes sense to not let people into the USA illegally, or do you want Mexicans to be able to waltz on over here willy nilly?
If you would make it tougher on those who hire them or give them lodging, it might just help.

LOL

Yeah, that would be so wrong, to lie about a liar.

LOL
Yes, we know Trump lies.
But thank you for being honest about your own actions.

It's rather refreshing when such posters reveal themselves.

They are criminals and felons
Basically, yes.
Unfortunately so many good people choose that route and end up damaging their lives to such an extent in the process.

It's one off the reasons I really like the programs enacted earlier on, that allowed them to stay in Mexico and wait until their entry.

Walls (fixed fortifications) can only do so much. Just like the French Maginot line, the Germans went around it to invade France. Easy-peasy-Japanesy.

The real "wall" happens by not allowing illegals once here to defraud our system through their anchor babies for billion of dollars in welfare, entitlements, free healthcare, free education, free food, etc. So, of course they will find a way in, especially where there are ZERO disincentives to their illegal act of coming here. One thing that must happen is anyone who has used a fake/stolen social security number should be immediately convicted of a felony, deported, and that person NEVER allowed back in.

We need a national ID, and nobody who is here who can't prove legal residency should be able to drive a car, use healthcare, put a kid in school, rent an apartment, nothing. Some nations are like that. You sneak in and then try to disapear into the country and then find a job or rent an apartment, and you are fleshed out.

And another thing; just like people who complain about cartels and drug crime, but who are recreational users created the market and the cartels, the same goes for illegal alien workers. So, every one of you who hires a nanny, a housekeeper, a gardener, a painter, or who has your car washed at a car wash, or occasionally eats at a taco truck. YOU are all contributing to the economic incentive for these illegals to come here when you FAIL to question or consider that most of those workers are illegal aliens. A good start is to mow your own lawn, wash your own car, and clean your own house. Especially when YOU KNOW that below minimum wage worker giving you such a great deal is probably illegal. People who hire illegals have to room to complain about people coming across the border.

Lastly, birth right citizenship is about as dumb as putting your own gun to your own head. We have allowed our nation and culture to be destroyed by open or unprotected borders and a failure to have a coherent punative immigration disensentive for law breakers, while encourging legal immigration from the better nations and peoples around the world like we used to before 1965 when we opened the door to endless chain migration from the worst places.
I agree with the ID idea, but you will need more. I have suggested the ID in conjunction with a thumb print data base. If you want a job, a place to live, banking, you have to step up and show your ID and then have a print reader show that you are who you say. If even a cheap reader knows who they are looking for, it will be pretty accurate. If the ID and the print do not match, you can not get a job or a place to live. Without those, who will come to the country. right now it iw too easy to get false papers. With my idea, the companies who do hire illegals would be fined heavily or even jailed.

**** that shit. The ****ing US government/military and US corporations cross borders and **** people over all the time. **** the border.
Except when that happens, most governments are in coordination on the project. Unless it's some "ultra" clandestine operation by our government, they rarely break anything even close to immigration laws.
Then again, there are some countries that could care less about who comes and goes through their border.

So it's a complete tossup for some of these things.

Why is everything expected to be easier from voting to Immigration? It’s a controlled process. Never intended to be easy. If they want it, comply with the process.

Because making a process more onerous and difficult to comply with makes it harder for one to exercise one's rights. It creates a friction that acts as a deterrent. Try this on for size: Would you want to have California's many restrictive gun laws imposed on your state? If not, why not?

Except when that happens, most governments are in coordination on the project. Unless it's some "ultra" clandestine operation by our government, they rarely break anything even close to immigration laws.
Then again, there are some countries that could care less about who comes and goes through their border.

So it's a complete tossup for some of these things.

What?

Well, I want to make the process easier. I want as many decent, hard-working people who want to come to the United States and become American citizens to immigrate here.

Why?

Because anyone who wants to become an American citizen will likely contribute to the commonwealth and make this country a better place, as will their descendants. Immigrants have a damn good track record of doing that in this country. The more the better.

Because anyone who wants to become an American citizen will likely contribute to the commonwealth and make this country a better place, as will their descendants. Immigrants have a damn good track record of doing that in this country.

Commonwealth- that's funny.

At least Trump wanted to build a border wall between the USA and Mexico, so far Biden has done nothing to keep illegals out. I am all fine and dandy, as Trump was, with Mexicans coming over to the USA LEGALLY by following proper LEGA PROCEDURES. The purpose of a border wall is to keep ILLEGALS out. It makes sense to not let people into the USA illegally, or do you want Mexicans to be able to waltz on over here willy nilly?
Why just Mexicans? The illegal border crossers comprise people from almost 100 countries.

Crossing borders, being it a government or a corporation. Does not mean that they are doing so illegally, especially with taking foreign laws into account.
Governments do so mostly with inter-government approval, while businesses do so with the approval of their own peers as well.

Illegal immigrants ignore the sovereignty that countries maintain and in crossing their border's illegally, break those associated laws.

Crossing borders, being it a government or a corporation. Does not mean that they are doing so illegally, especially with taking foreign laws into account.
Governments do so mostly with inter-government approval, while businesses do so with the approval of their own peers as well.

Illegal immigrants ignore the sovereignty that countries maintain and in crossing their border's illegally, break those associated laws.

It's all too often legal to **** over others with less. The US is notorious for that. It's how the US was "founded," too. Do you live on stolen Native American and/or Mexican land?

People should be able to go more or less wherever they want to go (with respect to countries, states, cities, etc).

Back
Top Bottom