• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Keeping guns out the wrong hands

None of these require a gun control law when criminal law should be used.

What is the point of emotional innuendo? To convince with emotions?

that's sort of a big DUH there dude

'Get real and smell the figures of defeat'.

Seriously?

My 10 y/o can construct sentences that are much more intelligent, and actually make sense.

Once a convicted felon has served his punishment he is released back into society as a FREE person same as you. Are you saying that this punishment must now continue because you fear the felon or don't like the idea? Courts set the punishment does criminal law you don't need a gun control law. So if you want it get it made criminal law lets see how well the criminal rights organisations fight that and give us a lesson we very much need.

When a felon has their rights restored they should be able to do whatever they want. Quit jumping to conclusions, it makes you look foolish.

I await you apology for your flagrant mischaracterization of my statement.

When a felon has their rights restored they should be able to do whatever they want. Quit jumping to conclusions, it makes you look foolish.

I await you apology for your flagrant mischaracterization of my statement.

I'd keep him waiting.

that's sort of a big DUH there dude

Dude either it has an answer or it does not. I see you don't have a logical rational answer and I don't do BS.

Crimefree: None of these require a gun control law when criminal law should be used.

What is the point of emotional innuendo? To convince with emotions?

What gun control law will do what? Lets put that on the table so I can see what the heck is meant.

Who said I was?

You did since you quoted a medical opinion (incorrect) are you just normally this doff?

Did you consider that there are none so blind as those who will not see. But then you know that.

Naturally you have a point to your inane comment. I just fail to see what it is other than stroking your ego trying to score brownie points.

I'd keep him waiting.

What is the point of a sentence with you around as judge?

Thank goodness you don't vote, freedom is a myth to you and those who have paid their debt to society must be punished forever and a day becasue you say so. I'd like to see you one day when gun control finally has its say and has stripped us of all our rights with your help and encouragement of course. God help us if you do vote.

You did since you quoted a medical opinion (incorrect) are you just normally this doff?

Did you consider that there are none so blind as those who will not see. But then you know that.

Naturally you have a point to your inane comment. I just fail to see what it is other than stroking your ego trying to score brownie points.

None of this is relevant, or makes any sense. You should probably give those left handed cigarettes a rest.

[h=5]I am as concerned about our safety as anyone but I just have a great deal of difficulty in believing we can be made safer by removing guns from citizens hands, the victims of crime.

How does this keeping guns out of the wrong hands work when all it appears to do is keep guns out of the right hands?
How will we be safer?[/h]

The purpose o laws is not crime prevention. The purpose of laws is to put tools in the hands of people who're charged with punishing criminals. That's why RICO as invented, and various 'homeland security' statutes.
Laws don't prevent crime, cops don't protect people, the whole criminal justice system is set up to be after-the-fact. The reason for stricter gun regulations wouldn't be, obviously, to prevent criminals from having guns, it would be to give cops and prosecutors another avenue to get evil-doers off the streets.
Not saying it would work out, just saying if we're talking about this issue we should be clear about what's the topic.

Dude either it has an answer or it does not. I see you don't have a logical rational answer and I don't do BS.

What gun control law will do what? Lets put that on the table so I can see what the heck is meant.

you tend to not know who is on your side here and who is not

The purpose o laws is not crime prevention. The purpose of laws is to put tools in the hands of people who're charged with punishing criminals. That's why RICO as invented, and various 'homeland security' statutes.
Laws don't prevent crime, cops don't protect people, the whole criminal justice system is set up to be after-the-fact. The reason for stricter gun regulations wouldn't be, obviously, to prevent criminals from having guns, it would be to give cops and prosecutors another avenue to get evil-doers off the streets.
Not saying it would work out, just saying if we're talking about this issue we should be clear about what's the topic.

so why is so much of the gun control laws that Liberals push directed at people who don't break substantive laws.

so why is so much of the gun control laws that Liberals push directed at people who don't break substantive laws.

I don't know. Why is that?
Did you read what I wrote? I said that 'so much of the gun control laws'(your grammar, not mine) are intended to give cops and prosecutors tools to use against criminals.
That's twice. Ask me again and I'll say the same thing but that'll be the last time.
And you might need to stop pretending that Liberals want to take your guns away, because that's bullsh*te.

I don't know. Why is that?
Did you read what I wrote? I said that 'so much of the gun control laws'(your grammar, not mine) are intended to give cops and prosecutors tools to use against criminals.
That's twice. Ask me again and I'll say the same thing but that'll be the last time.
And you might need to stop pretending that Liberals want to take your guns away, because that's bullsh*te.

that's crap

magazine bans only apply to honest people-criminals cannot own any guns-whether they take a magazine or not

waiting periods apply only to honest people

criminals cannot buy a firearm legally period

limits on ammunition purchases-again criminals cannot buy or even possess ammo legally

"assault weapon bans"-again-only applies to people who can legally own guns

that's crap

magazine bans only apply to honest people-criminals cannot own any guns-whether they take a magazine or not

waiting periods apply only to honest people

criminals cannot buy a firearm legally period

limits on ammunition purchases-again criminals cannot buy or even possess ammo legally

"assault weapon bans"-again-only applies to people who can legally own guns

(sigh)

Third and last time- Laws are not meant to prevent crime. Laws are tools for cops and prosecutors to use against criminals. I don't friggin' care that you want to argue minutia and split hairs or inflate balloons like "criminals cannot buy a firearm legally period" or "assault weapon bans"-again-only applies to people who can legally own guns". None of that crap addresses what I said.

(sigh)

Third and last time- Laws are not meant to prevent crime. Laws are tools for cops and prosecutors to use against criminals. I don't friggin' care that you want to argue minutia and split hairs or inflate balloons like "criminals cannot buy a firearm legally period" or "assault weapon bans"-again-only applies to people who can legally own guns". None of that crap addresses what I said.

none of what you said has any relevance to this thread

none of what you said has any relevance to this thread

Everything I've said has relevance to this thread.
You just came up empty.

None of this is relevant, or makes any sense. You should probably give those left handed cigarettes a rest.

Nope I simply questioned your motives behind YOUR comment, it certainly was not to aid discussion but was in fact intended to deliberately stir the pot. And I see you still persist in thinking your useless troll of a comment was of some value or you are entitled to judge others. Your continence of it shows clearly you are on some sort of mission to prove a point. Heaven only knows what it is but your ego is involved.

Was it not obvious I used the font to draw attention and my comment shows that intent or is that expecting to much from you?

Was it not obvious I used the font to draw attention and my comment shows that intent or is that expecting to much from you?
People use large bold font to draw attention to their message when they lack substance. I know you think you're cool n all, using snide remarks to insult my intelligence, but you have said nothing that hasn't been said a great many times before. Get over yourself, and develop a sense of humor.

People use large bold font to draw attention to their message when they lack substance. I know you think you're cool n all, using snide remarks to insult my intelligence, but you have said nothing that hasn't been said a great many times before. Get over yourself, and develop a sense of humor.

No thanks and as for your advice I'm happy the way I am, not appreciative of people who like to comment and judge others. You might want to try that. I much prefer to discuss the subject of discussion I posted. You might want to try that as well as something far more useful. That I am afraid is up to you and which you prefer to do. I'm pretty sure others could tell you. I do not post for people who think they are better, nit pick and and pass irrelevant comments. I'll try to learn to ignore such people.

rant noted and rejected

I am actually not surprised because those who support gun control and insist it has some use always come up empty handed when asked to show some validity for the belief that somehow gun control can work.

Invariably they rely on known faulty research, government and newspaper uttering and rants and what always what gun control told them that stuck in their mind. Guns kill you know so we need to control them becasue we fear guns.

I don't have a problem with their fears. My problem is when they force all others to buy into their paranoia by demanding laws that do so.

Logic fails, how can they equate keeping guns out of potential victims, rescuers and innocent peoples hands as being in the least helpful becasue they do not know how to identify the next criminal or perpetrator? This madness even extends to the patently false belief guns can be taken from everybody including the perpetrators or some of them and that will somehow help. How unknown. No answer.

And our problem is we sit and watch while gun control goes to work instilling fear riding on the wave of horror of some atrocity to heighten and sensationalise it. Like sharks in a feeding frenzy they bask in the blood of victims spreading fear like an out of control disease.

Yet where are the voices of reason, truth and sympathy that victims, families and the public need to hear instead of the strident voices of paranoia demanding the evil guns be removed in case the devil that lives inside each gun does this again.

So if felons are high risk people no problem we have a law that says released felons must wear a yellow armband and if they buy a firearm or have one in their possession they get.... Lets see how well that goes down. But it is OK to say firearm owners must be checked, trained, sane... and pass these tests because one of them might... and this will root out those who will. So gun control laws are about PREVENTING crime and not punishing perpetrators except for ADMINISTRATIVE infringements. They also don't work as advertised.

[h=5]I am as concerned about our safety as anyone but I just have a great deal of difficulty in believing we can be made safer by removing guns from citizens hands, the victims of crime.

How does this keeping guns out of the wrong hands work when all it appears to do is keep guns out of the right hands?
How will we be safer?[/h]

Great point. As long as guns exist, there is really no way to keep them out of the wrong hands. That is why disarming citizens or putting restrictions on them is like turning them into potential victims.

Back
Top Bottom