• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kayleigh McEnany has crossed a line

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

1NyiUd_0Wv6TIvU00

9/11/20
By Joe Lockhart

Every single White House press secretary faces his or her own moment of truth on the job. Jerald terHorst, for example, resigned after just one month because he could not live with President Gerald Ford's decision to pardon his predecessor, President Richard Nixon. Choosing when to take a stand, and what to reveal to the public are not always straightforward decisions. I faced my own test early in my tenure as press secretary. As the House opened impeachment hearings on then-President Bill Clinton based on the Starr report, I was faced with the daily decision of how to answer questions about the President's behavior. Not knowing the full extent of what had happened, I chose not to contest the details in the report from the podium even though for many that seemed to be a confirmation of the allegations. Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany faced her moment of reckoning in the briefing room on Wednesday, when reporters confronted her about the recordings, released by veteran journalist Bob Woodward, in which President Trump acknowledged in early February that the coronavirus was airborne and deadlier than the flu, even as he publicly dismissed concerns about the virus and called it the Democrats' "new hoax."

In March, Trump told Woodward that he intentionally downplayed the dangers of the virus, saying, "I always wanted to play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic." McEnany failed on an epic scale in her response. She did not provide context for Trump's statements. Instead, she perpetuated the lies even the President himself admitted to Woodward on tape. She also tried to pass off Trump's comments as a sign of good leadership. When asked directly if the President had lied to the American public, McEnany had the gall to say, "The President has never lied to the American public on Covid." That is patently false. The President has repeatedly lied to the American people about the coronavirus and the government's handling of the pandemic. He is now lying about lying. By claiming otherwise, McEnany reneged on the promise she made to reporters on her first day as press secretary when she said she would never lie to them. In doing so, McEnany has destroyed her own personal credibility and fatally injured her ability to speak for the President, and more importantly, for the United States of America. By saying the President has never lied to the American public, her tenure as Press Secretary has effectively come to an end -- and her role as a state propagandist has been confirmed.

Kayleigh McEnany is at least as bad as, and perhaps even worse than her predecessor in propaganda, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.

1NyiUd_0Wv6TIvU00

Kayleigh McEnany is at least as bad as, and perhaps even worse than her predecessor in propaganda, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.

Well to be fair, knowing what we know of Trump®'s character, she probably allows him to cross a LOT of lines. Plus she has those not a "nasty woman", ;looks that bespeak professionalism of the only kind that matters to our high charcater heroic POTUS with women, "grabability".

hang on.

she said Trump has never lied to us???

2FE64115-C70F-4A79-A80D-E126ECB9875F.jpg

matching outfits......:mrgreen:

1NyiUd_0Wv6TIvU00

All politicians and press secretaries lie. It’s part of the job.

If someone had asked Obama’s press secretary did Obama lie about “you can keep your doctor” or all the other lies he said, they would never in a million years admit the president lied. It’s part of the job.

and the ladies in short short skirts in the truck stop parking lot are nuns.

i guess Trump has never cheated customers out of money, never run a sham charity and never cheated on his 3 baby mommas.

All politicians and press secretaries lie. It’s part of the job.

If someone had asked Obama’s press secretary did Obama lie about “you can keep your doctor” or all the other lies he said, they would never in a million years admit the president lied. It’s part of the job.

The bolded is the con go to lie , when talking about Obama. Trump and his squad havr taken everything to new heights or lows.......

To be the Press Secretary for President of the United States of America Donald Trump is not an easy thing. The fine line one must walk between stating that which is true and that which is acceptable to President Donald Trump is exactly that: a fine line.

As each new Press Secretary takes a turn at walking the line, I'm reminded of one of those 'survivor' shows in which the contestants must balance on a small perch for as long as they can. One by one, each falls off -- some sooner and some later. But fall they do.

A conjecture offered is that those who remain longer do so at a cost to their own ethics with regard to espousing truth.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

The bolded is the con go to lie , when talking about Obama. Trump and his squad havr taken everything to new heights or lows.......

Obama should not have opened the Pandora’s box

8 years of pretending iObama could do not wrong by the media and talking heads despite his lying and many scandals was a game changer. It changed the rules of politics. the right learned from that.

i guess Trump has never cheated customers out of money, never run a sham charity and never cheated on his 3 baby mommas.

That is what entitlement and privilege does for him.

Obama should not have opened the Pandora’s box

8 years of pretending Obama could do not wrong by the media and talking heads despite his lying and many scandals was a game changer. It changed the rules of politics. the right learned from that.

Obama wouldn't have lied about COVID and allowed tens of thousands of Americans to needlessly die alone.

I was wondering if that was possible, but gosh ahmighty it seems like Kayleigh is making a solid run for it!

The thing that was best about Sarah Huckabee-Sanders was the constant blather about her "faith". Her faith made her support of Trump all the more interesting. While I'm an atheist it is still never fun to see a religious person sell their soul for 15 minutes of fame. It's rather sickening.

I don't get the feeling that Kayleigh is selling anything of her own. I assume people like her are always around waiting to serve people like Trump.

hang on.

she said Trump has never lied to us???

"on covid". So it was not a blanket statement to cover all topics.

Still, pretty interesting she would say that with all the off the wall comments Trump has made about CV19

Lying about King Biff's lies is part of the job.

"on covid". So it was not a blanket statement to cover all topics.

Still, pretty interesting she would say that with all the off the wall comments Trump has made about CV19

yeah.

it's not like Trump lies constantly or anything.

yeah.

it's not like Trump lies constantly or anything.

Maybe President Trump goes by if a person really believes what they say even if its wrong it is not a lie.

It just isn't the truth.

I was wondering if that was possible, but gosh ahmighty it seems like Kayleigh is making a solid run for it!

The thing that was best about Sarah Huckabee-Sanders was the constant blather about her "faith". Her faith made her support of Trump all the more interesting. While I'm an atheist it is still never fun to see a religious person sell their soul for 15 minutes of fame. It's rather sickening.

I don't get the feeling that Kayleigh is selling anything of her own. I assume people like her are always around waiting to serve people like Trump.

Serve or service.

It's humorous seeing the people who think the world will end in 12 years get upset because Trump did NOT panic over Covid. Had he done so, they'd be claiming he was doing it to invoke dictatorial powers. They have no dedication to anything other than what they think hurts Trump.

Back
Top Bottom