• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kavanaugh Votes w/Liberals in Planned Parenthood Case

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ouch. Maybe Mr. King Frat Boy has been spending too much time with women... It's warped his judgement!!!
Tired of the winning yet?

The Supreme Court signaled Monday it is not anxious to revisit the abortion controversy in the year ahead, disappointing conservative activists who were cheered by the appointment of Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh.

After weeks of debate behind closed doors, a divided court turned down appeals backed by 13 conservative states that sought to defund Planned Parenthood.

Kavanaugh and Roberts join liberals to reject Planned Parenthood case

Nothing to do with abortion. It was a free market decision.

Go ask each and every justice then. I will await their responses :)

Are you aware that it takes watching the new guy/gal 2-3 years before we even begin to get a sense of what kind of justice they are?

You act like you are not.

Are you aware that it takes watching the new guy/gal 2-3 years before we even begin to get a sense of what kind of justice they are?

You act like you are not.

But, But I thought he was gonna be the conservative hero approved by Trump AND backed by the Heritage Foundation??? Why is life a lie?????

It could be they don't want to throw yet more madness into the mix, and are waiting until a more stable situation to try.

haha. So even the SCOTUS is waiting until Trump leaves office

I guess that means that all your hysterics over his nomination were overblown then. Perhaps there is a lesson in there for you.

Something conservatives fail to grasp. Just because I agree with the guy once, or multiple times. Does not mean I have to like him.

But, But I thought he was gonna be the conservative hero approved by Trump AND backed by the Heritage Foundation??? Why is life a lie?????

You never know what a justice will be like till they get on the bench and show you, up till then all we can do is guess, and some of the conventional wisdom guesses have been spectacularly wrong.

Knowing this sort of thing is what education is for.

Hmm,

I agreed with his appointment, and I also support a woman's right to choose...so yeah I'm NOT "tired of the winning yet." :coffeepap:

And if he’d come down differently, people would have bitched about that.

You never know what a justice will be like till they get on the bench and show you, up till then all we can do is guess, and some of the conventional wisdom guesses have been spectacularly wrong.

Know this sort of think is what education is for.

Or how about conservatives just think things will always work out their way and then either throw hissy fits when it doesn't or act like they don't care after their pick becomes too liberal, which is what everyone on this thread is doing right now.

Something conservatives fail to grasp. Just because I agree with the guy once, or multiple times. Does not mean I have to like him.

No one is making that argument other than you.

Or how about conservatives just think things will always work out their way and then either throw hissy fits when it doesn't or act like they don't care after their pick becomes too liberal, which is what everyone on this thread is doing right now.

Um, no one is doing that in this thread. Why do you make up **** like that?

Knowing this sort of thing is what education is for.

If judges were doing it right, we’d never know what their personal political lean is.

My point is the real question of your understanding.....as for your opinion of others that is nearly useless......we wont go there.

I don't know about posters here, but there can be little doubt that many Dems hysterically condemned Kavanaugh w/o proof, whether they really believed him guilty or were just trolling for midterm votes.

I remember someone broaching the view that Kavanaugh was not likely to overturn RvW casually, and this may prove to support that opinion.

It would appear that he simply sided with the majority who saw no legal grounds for the appeal. It takes a minimum of 4 SCOTUS justices to agree to accept a given case - only three did so.

Back
Top Bottom