• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kavanaugh Votes w/Liberals in Planned Parenthood Case

You hated the nomination because Trump did it.

No because he was and still is a douche bag king frat boy who has no place being on the SCOTUS. This vote is about as liberal as you can get and goes directly against the conservative base and yet you are all defending it!! I love it!!!! :lamo

I seem to recall lots of people wanting Planned Parenthood defunded, but now b/c Mr. King Frat Boy says it shouldn't be, well that's just fine...Let's just kick it down the road...I seem to remember Health Care being another thing that didn't work out so well for you using that method.

I don't know about posters here, but there can be little doubt that many Dems hysterically condemned Kavanaugh w/o proof, whether they really believed him guilty or were just trolling for midterm votes.

I remember someone broaching the view that Kavanaugh was not likely to overturn RvW casually, and this may prove to support that opinion.

This was not about abortion - this was about a state (LA?) denying its citizens Medicaid funding for non-abortion medical services rendered by PP facilities. Think of it much as a state law denying SNAP usage by customers buying groceries at a store that also sold beer and/or cigarettes.

If judges were doing it right, we’d never know what their personal political lean is.

True, but "what they are like" goes far beyond their willingness to participate in the corruption of partisanship.

Are you aware that it takes watching the new guy/gal 2-3 years before we even begin to get a sense of what kind of justice they are?

You act like you are not.

Liberals assured me he'd take away their freedom to kill babies on his first day

Liberals assured me he'd take away their freedom to kill babies on his first day

At this point I point out that America is way out of ****ing around time, it is time for all of the adults that can still be found this far into the New Dark Age to step up.

Liberals overblowing **** as usual? Color me shocked.
I doubt the concern of that happening has been eliminated, there are always other factors involved, and multiple additional cases incoming on the same or very similar issues.

At this point I point out that America is way out of ****ing around time, it is time for all of the adults that can still be found this far into the New Dark Age to step up.

WTF are you talking about? Is Kavanaugh on any of your fancy lists at this late hour???

This was not about abortion - this was about a state (LA?) denying its citizens Medicaid funding for non-abortion medical services rendered by PP facilities. Think of it much as a state law denying SNAP usage by customers buying groceries at a store that also sold beer and/or cigarettes.

From what I understand the conservative base (of which none I can find on this forum now) wanted the SCOTUS to step in and figure out if they could block medicaid funding.

WTF are you talking about? Is Kavanaugh on any of your fancy lists at this late hour???
Kavanaugh is on my list of SCOTUS justices who I'm convinced should not be on the court.

He's the only one, I didn't even put Gorsuch on that list, although I had/have concerns about some of his decisions in the past.

Ouch. Maybe Mr. King Frat Boy has been spending too much time with women... It's warped his judgement!!!
Tired of the winning yet?

Kavanaugh and Roberts join liberals to reject Planned Parenthood case

It seems that this one isn't worth it at this time. Not sure why that is once again a partisan issue though. It is a matter of law, as it should be, regardless what side one is on. Again and again we read about liberal this, conservative that. What the heck is wrong with people? Why the heck is this not a matter of law and nothing else? What is with the silly gotcha and the partisan gloating all the time?

Liberals overblowing **** as usual? Color me shocked.

I doubt the concern of that happening has been eliminated, there are always other factors involved, and multiple additional cases incoming on the same or very similar issues.

Actually it is the conservatives who overstepped on this case. They wanted the big government solution to be able to block funding for Planned Parenthood and they failed. I think that overshadows any wins you think you get for "beating liberal outrage" this time.

It seems that this one isn't worth it at this time. Not sure why that is once again a partisan issue though. It is a matter of law, as it should be, regardless what side one is on. Again and again we read about liberal this, conservative that. What the heck is wrong with people? Why the heck is this not a matter of law and nothing else? What is with the silly gotcha and the partisan gloating all the time?

Well considering it was 13 conservative states who wanted to do this... I can blame them right???

Kavanaugh is on my list of SCOTUS justices who I'm convinced should not be on the court.

He's the only one, I didn't even put Gorsuch on that list, although I had/have concerns about some of his decisions in the past.

Maybe soon we can break American even more by deciding to fight about it.

Which is not the adult thing to do here.

Ouch. Maybe Mr. King Frat Boy has been spending too much time with women... It's warped his judgement!!!
Tired of the winning yet?

Kavanaugh and Roberts join liberals to reject Planned Parenthood case

This is what I love about left wing, partisan hacks. They jump around and scream that the world is going to end because of this guy or that guy then the guy does something they agree with and he's an even bigger asshole because he proved their histrionics were all for naught. There is, quite literally, no pleasing some of you people.

From what I understand the conservative base (of which none I can find on this forum now) wanted the SCOTUS to step in and figure out if they could block medicaid funding.

Apparently, not that way.

This is what I love about left wing, partisan hacks. They jump around and scream that the world is going to end because of this guy or that guy then the guy does something they agree with and he's an even bigger asshole because he proved their histrionics were all for naught. There is, quite literally, no pleasing some of you people.

Dude. We are quite pleased, but still hate the guy. The two can co-exist. The world is not black and white, and the conservatives lost their case. But still cling to the alternate reality where only pissing off the left matters. Screw principles!!!

So are you telling me that conservatives tried and failed to change the law...again??? poop.

You brought Kavanaugh up specifically and turned it into a left vs right issue. Why? Wasn't the consensus that, as soon as he has the chance, we would revert back to back alley abortions? How many just here alone have argued that he is to uphold the law? So why are you so surprised that he does just that? Does it not fit the preconceived notion? My goodness, he sides with the law. Alert the media. These cases are to be heard, or not, and to be decided, based on the interpretation of the law. Celebrate. It is happening.

You brought Kavanaugh up specifically and turned it into a left vs right issue. Why?

You may want to read post 45 again not as a question, but as a statement.

Conservatives tried to change the law.

Did anyone notice that this case has absolutely nothing to do with abortions?

These states wanted to deny federal funds to reimburse Planned Parenthood for services such as cancer screenings, birth control, and other women's health needs.

Federal funds are already off limits for abortions. This was simply an attempt to put Planned Parenthood out of business. The three stooges who voted to hear the case are ideologues.

Did anyone notice that this case has absolutely nothing to do with abortions?

These states wanted to deny federal funds to reimburse Planned Parenthood for services such as cancer screenings, birth control, and other women's health needs.

Federal funds are already off limits for abortions. This was simply an attempt to put Planned Parenthood out of business. The three stooges who voted to hear the case are ideologues.

No they are just trying desperately to make it look like somehow the left lost this one.... They obviously do not understand the implications of this ruling and what that does to their supposedly religious beliefs. They just think that the left likes Kavanaugh now. So somehow that's a win?

You may want to read post 45 again not as a question, but as a statement.

Conservatives tried to change the law.

and liberals knew for a fact that Kavanaugh would side with...conservatives...and not the law. The law one, not liberals or conservatives.

Back
Top Bottom