• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Katrina, New Orleans, and Murder

ThatOneKid

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I vaguely remember a speech shortly after Hurricane Katrina where the speaker made a comment something to this effect:

"Before Katrina we were the murder capital of the US. I think it is time we get back on top."

I am quite certain that I'm butchering the quote but that general message was delivered, followed by applause and cheering. I suppose it is possible that I dreamt it up but if it really happened I was hoping that someone out there remembers it and could point me in the direction of who said it and maybe even a transcript or recording of some sort.

Thanks in advance.

Kid

I vaguely remember a speech shortly after Hurricane Katrina where the speaker made a comment something to this effect:

"Before Katrina we were the murder capital of the US. I think it is time we get back on top."

I am quite certain that I'm butchering the quote but that general message was delivered, followed by applause and cheering. I suppose it is possible that I dreamt it up but if it really happened I was hoping that someone out there remembers it and could point me in the direction of who said it and maybe even a transcript or recording of some sort.

Thanks in advance.

Kid

You dreamed it.

You dreamed it.

It might have been a prophetic dream. New Orleans is working hard to regain their glory and in 2012 took third place in the claim to murder capitol fame in the USA.

Ok the truth about Katrina and the New Orleanans that made their way to my City, Houston.

There was a huge Contingent of Gang members and people from the Magnolia projects that showed up at the AstroDome, as Mayor Bill White made the decision for millions of Houstonians that the increase in Gang crime, murders and general crime was a necessary evil we had to overlook.

Houstons crime rate spiked as Gang members and a corrupt sub-culture that imminated from generational dependence washed over a fairly Conservative City.

But as these gang members quickly reqlized that they were not in Louisiana any more and now could be tried under Texas laws that are far stricter when it comes to murder they chose to move back.

Ok the truth about Katrina and the New Orleanans that made their way to my City, Houston.

There was a huge Contingent of Gang members and people from the Magnolia projects that showed up at the AstroDome, as Mayor Bill White made the decision for millions of Houstonians that the increase in Gang crime, murders and general crime was a necessary evil we had to overlook.

Houstons crime rate spiked as Gang members and a corrupt sub-culture that imminated from generational dependence washed over a fairly Conservative City.

But as these gang members quickly reqlized that they were not in Louisiana any more and now could be tried under Texas laws that are far stricter when it comes to murder they chose to move back.

They didn't move back because TX prosecutes murder harsher than Louisiana. We put the gang bangers in prison. People moved back as they could afford to. Many stayed as Houston is awesome and it is great to live here.

It might have been a prophetic dream. New Orleans is working hard to regain
their glory and in 2012 took third place in the claim to murder capitol fame in the USA.

I use to love getting on I-10 on a Friday afternoon and put the pedal to the metal and head East to the Big Easy.

But the reality was that City for decades has been corrupt to the core.

It was always stacked with drugs and just a fee minutes outside of the French Quarter, and you were putting your life on the line as you got closer to the projects.

They didn't move back because TX
prosecutes murder harsher than Louisiana. We put the gang bangers in prison. People moved back as they could afford to. Many stayed as Houston is awesome and it is great to live here.

Actually MANY did and as a direct result of Texas's harsher laws.

If your arrested for homicide in La, they can only legally hold you for about a month.

If no one talks, ( which no one ever did ) then they release you.

Not in Texas and that and other laws forced many to head home before their neighborhoids were habitable.

There is a large gang community in New Orleans right now. Where did they come from ?

From Houston.

Actually MANY did and as a direct result of Texas's harsher laws.

If your arrested for homicide in La, they can only legally hold you for about a month.

If no one talks, ( which no one ever did ) then they release you.

Not in Texas and that and other laws forced many to head home before their neighborhoids were habitable.

There is a large gang community in New Orleans right now. Where did they come from ?

From Houston.

You can't be held with no charges in Tx. Just like Louisiana.

The gangs in New Orleans came from New Orleans. When the gangs came here they fought with Houston gangs and many were arrested. It was mostly just hyperbole from news as Houston was and has been a really safe city and Katerina didn't change that.

You can't be held with no charges in
Tx. Just like Louisiana.

The gangs in New Orleans came from New Orleans. When the gangs came here they fought with Houston gangs and many were arrested. It was mostly just hyperbole from news as Houston was and has been a really safe city and Katerina didn't change that.

Lol...man there is a really good program out there on the exodus and return of the New Orleans Gang members after Katrina.

Watch it, and argue with the gang members who are being interviewed on WHY they returned.

HPD got tough with them, didn't release them after a homicide charge because in Texas you can be forced to testify as a witness if you are subpoenaed.

Lol...man there is a really good program out there on the exodus and return of the New Orleans Gang members after Katrina.

Watch it, and argue with the gang members who are being interviewed on WHY they returned.

HPD got tough with them, didn't release them after a homicide charge because in Texas you can be forced to testify as a witness if you are subpoenaed.

You can be forced to go to court I am not sure about testify. Or they can make someone get on the stand, but I don't know they can force testimony.

It's a problem for the up-and-coming gangbanger, when the victims are all packing. Easier in a city where victims are...you know....weak.

The Truth: The Superdome was declared a health hazard after the rodents were required to leave. It was a display of what these "people" truely are. The only thing those people did was hold up signs saying "HELP US". Many came to Houston and destroyed every hotel and motel room they were GIVEN to live in including stealing the sinks and toilets and plumbing. Many murdered Houston folks. The mayor (Chocolate City) when the hurricane hit is now in prison for embezzlement. New Orleans is the anus opening of America with corruption the rule of the day.

The Truth: The Superdome was declared a health hazard after the rodents were required to leave. It was a display of what these "people" truely are. The only thing those people did was hold up signs saying "HELP US". Many came to Houston and destroyed every hotel and motel room they were GIVEN to live in including stealing the sinks and toilets and plumbing. Many murdered Houston folks. The mayor (Chocolate City) when the hurricane hit is now in prison for embezzlement. New Orleans is the anus opening of America with corruption the rule of the day.

I remember when Katrina was bearing down on New Orleans, I was thinking that if any city was rotten enough to deserve being wiped off the face of the Earth by an "act of God", it was New Orleans. I lived there for 5 years and it is as filthy and corrupt as you can imagine with what may be the most ruthless psychopathic punks on Earth running the city on BOTH sides of the law.

Thanks in advance.

Kid

You are remembering a piece of satire.

A common precursor to genocide is referring to the hated group as some sort of animal. Usually some sort of pest animal.

Back
Top Bottom