• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kasich says conscience drove him to Biden

How many of those racial minority employees would rather vote for a man who loves the Confederate flag, said kneeling during the Star Spangled Banner should be cause for job termination, called Black Lives Matter a terrorist group, pardoned a racist sheriff for illegally discriminating against Latinos, said all Mexican drug cartels should be removed from Earth, banned travel from some "Muslim" countries because of their religion, and is attacking the nationality of a Jamaican/Indian woman than that woman and the person who promised to appoint a black woman to the Supreme Court, chose her to run with him, and ran away with the Democratic nomination by winning most of the states with high numbers of black or Latino voters?

I take it from that rant you're not going to vote for Trump?

• What's wrong with removing drug cartels from the earth? I trust you mean Mexican and Colombian cartels?
  • What's wrong with firing those who kneel during the National Anthem? They're employees of a business and they are violating rules.
  • What's wrong with banning travelers from countries that pose a threat to our country?
  • What's wrong with labeling the BLM movement a terrorist group when they threaten cities with more protests unless police forces are weakened?

Lowest minority unemployment rate in history! Lowest, as in NEVER BETTER, EVER!.

Minority unemployment is proportional to overall unemployment. It stands to reason that since all unemployment was lower, so will be the minority. They've been riding the longest economic recovery in history started by Obama/Biden and unfortunately, (For cultists of Trump), ended by Trump. You own it. Quit lying.

Minority unemployment is proportional to overall unemployment. It stands to reason that since all unemployment was lower, so will be the minority. They've been riding the longest economic recovery in history started by Obama/Biden and unfortunately, (For cultists of Trump), ended by Trump. You own it. Quit lying.

The trouble with Obama's job numbers were the jobs created during his term were mostly minimum wage garbage, as opposed to Trump, who's policies helped to create many more good jobs. But keep believing those job number charts if you want. You love the deception of them, right? Fits the narrative?

What do you know Kasich finally found a convention he can attend.

The crap about his conscience leading him to support Biden is total bull ****. Everything that Kasich claimed to be his core beliefs for decades are the exact opposite of what the Democratic platform is pushing. If he now is supporting such an agenda, then he doesn't have a conscience. What this is about is Kasich has been dissed by the Republican party. They broke all ties with him after he did not honor the pledge he made to the party that he would support whomever the candidate would be after the primaries. His state of Ohio already have a low opinion of him and this will finish him off. Last job I heard Kasich held was a commentator on CNN. I think Kasich is looking for a new government job. Early on this year he was considering running again and quickly learned people were not interested. The Republican party certainly isn't interested. He tried to run for president twice and it went nowhere. Maybe he was still hoping third would be the charm. He couldn't win a senate run in Ohio at this time. So maybe he is seeking a gig in a Biden administration.

• What's wrong with removing drug cartels from the earth? I trust you mean Mexican and Colombian cartels?
  • What's wrong with firing those who kneel during the National Anthem? They're employees of a business and they are violating rules.
  • What's wrong with banning travelers from countries that pose a threat to our country?
  • What's wrong with labeling the BLM movement a terrorist group when they threaten cities with more protests unless police forces are weakened?

Who is firing people who kneel during the National Anthem?

Do you stand at attention during the National Anthem, and do you believe that everyone should stand fully at attention while it is being played?

My guess is Rubio. Florida is wavering, and Rubio has hated Trump for years. His support for Trump is always based on how it will help or hurt him with his voters.

Rubio (who I supported in 2016) has certainly not turned out to be a Trump Panty Sniffer like that spineless loser Ted Cruz has. But he hasn't come out against Trump enough for my tastes.

So glad to see Kasich join the smart people (like me) who don't support the conman racist pervert named Trump. When Trump loses, and takes the GOP down with him, we will need a leader again. Kasich is well positioned.

You know exactly what is wrong with all of those extremely idiotic words and actions. Only the most ignorant American voters are mentally incapable of fully understanding every single one of them.

You worship Donald Trump. All you care about is he stays in office. Voters who care about America and its people hate the man with a passion.

Last edited:
The trouble with Obama's job numbers were the jobs created during his term were mostly minimum wage garbage, as opposed to Trump, who's policies helped to create many more good jobs. But keep believing those job number charts if you want. You love the deception of them, right? Fits the narrative?

For people to get living wage jobs, they need a college education. What has Donald Trump done to make sure every student who academically qualifies to attend college, including people in poverty and members of all races, can be accepted? Look at that if your idea of creating high-paying jobs only means availability, not an employer's ability to fill them.

Rubio (who I supported in 2016) has certainly not turned out to be a Trump Panty Sniffer like that spineless loser Ted Cruz has. But he hasn't come out against Trump enough for my tastes.

So glad to see Kasich join the smart people (like me) who don't support the conman racist pervert named Trump. When Trump loses, and takes the GOP down with him, we will need a leader again. Kasich is well positioned.

I actually considered myself to be lean conservative prior to late 2016. I was a Kasich supporter but didn't think he would get the nomination. It was clear at that time that Trump, Cruz and Rubio were by far the front runners sadly because they sat on stage and engaged in childish behavior with Trump. Kasich acted like the adult on stage and as a result wasn't memorable as the penis measuring contests. (if you remember back that is not a metaphor, they literally argued dick size).

I hope Kasich or a group retakes the party and/or starts a new party and gets back to actual conservatism ideologies rather that what Trump did to the party. He abandoned the actual values of the party and appealed to the worst of the right wing, and took the moderates and right leaning Republicans and made them hate the opponent.

Politics is no longer a disagreement about the best way to achieve a better America, it is about winning. It is about destroying the enemy.

I actually considered myself to be lean conservative prior to late 2016. I was a Kasich supporter but didn't think he would get the nomination. It was clear at that time that Trump, Cruz and Rubio were by far the front runners sadly because they sat on stage and engaged in childish behavior with Trump. Kasich acted like the adult on stage and as a result wasn't memorable as the penis measuring contests. (if you remember back that is not a metaphor, they literally argued dick size).

I hope Kasich or a group retakes the party and/or starts a new party and gets back to actual conservatism ideologies rather that what Trump did to the party. He abandoned the actual values of the party and appealed to the worst of the right wing, and took the moderates and right leaning Republicans and made them hate the opponent.

Politics is no longer a disagreement about the best way to achieve a better America, it is about winning. It is about destroying the enemy.

I was torn until the very end who to vote for - Rubio or Kasich. My husband voted for Kasich and I very easily could have but I felt Rubio had a slightly better shot. Then the idiot wingnuts of my former party threw their support behind the piece of **** Trump who promised to make America white again for them.

Kasich is both a smart man and a decent man - two things that Trump is not and never will be, which is part of the reason why his supporters support him.

I'll follow Kasich wherever he goes. He has more integrity in his left thumb than Trump has in that enormous body.

Both Kasich and Biden are status quo puppets. Professional politicians. Not a dimes bit of difference there.
You want the entrenched bureaucracy running things again?

I sure as hell don't.

I was torn until the very end who to vote for - Rubio or Kasich. My husband voted for Kasich and I very easily could have but I felt Rubio had a slightly better shot. Then the idiot wingnuts of my former party threw their support behind the piece of **** Trump who promised to make America white again for them.

Kasich is both a smart man and a decent man - two things that Trump is not and never will be, which is part of the reason why his supporters support him.

I'll follow Kasich wherever he goes. He has more integrity in his left thumb than Trump has in that enormous body.

Wondering who Kasich has in mind as the former trump official about to endorse Biden.
MAFIA --> Made America Fascist Italy Already --
Give a positive shout-out to all mail carriers.

Yeah I'm not expecting any surprises either. It'll always be Kasich, Romney or other has-beens who have little to lose. Romney may see himself as waiting in the wings to take over after Trump's gone, but I think Trumpism will fester in the party for a few years. For now though, those who want to keep their seats will have to go along with the Trump train to a point or risk getting primaried from the right and putting the seat itself in jeopardy.

Both Kasich and Biden are status quo puppets. Professional politicians. Not a dimes bit of difference there.
You want the entrenched bureaucracy running things again?

Not really. But in light of what I've seen with Trump it's the lesser of two evils.

My guess is Rubio. Florida is wavering, and Rubio has hated Trump for years. His support for Trump is always based on how it will help or hurt him with his voters.

I'd love to see Rubio and Cruz come out against him, but I doubt Cruz has the stones. Are their seats up for grabs this season though?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not expecting any surprises either. It'll always be Kasich, Romney or other has-beens who have little to lose. Romney may see himself as waiting in the wings to take over after Trump's gone, but I think Trumpism will fester in the party for a few years. For now though, those who want to keep their seats will have to go along with the Trump train to a point or risk getting primaried from the right and putting the seat itself in jeopardy.

I doubt anyone has forgotten Mitt Romney only cares about 47% of Americans.

Not really. But in light of what I've seen with Trump it's the lesser of two evils.

The only way Joe Biden could be the lesser of two evils is all the conservative media lies about him were true. We are talking about good vs. evil here.

I can only imagine how much different America would be if the Republicans had put an intelligent and actual conservative, like Kasich, on their ticket instead of a moronic racist like Trump.

Although I do not like Kasich, I expect that he would not be totally nuts, and would have taken this pandemic seriously. I also believe he would not be so blatently incompetent and corrupt. I suspect that we would not have so many positions needed to run the government unfilled or having 'acting' people.

come on. if a person hasn't figured out that Donald Trump is a massive liar, crook and con man by now they're either touched in the head, so partisan that they can't be saved or some kind of Confederate/Q nut job.

People have this notion that if you do not support the president, you are somehow not supporting America and borderline treasonous.

I know one Trump supporter that said as a Christian he supports him. I told him about the interview where Trump couldn't name his favorite bible verse. The fool still supported him.

Although I do not like Kasich, I expect that he would not be totally nuts, and would have taken this pandemic seriously. I also believe he would not be so blatently incompetent and corrupt. I suspect that we would not have so many positions needed to run the government unfilled or having 'acting' people.

I know for a fact John Kasich would never be corrupt. He was not a fighter and divider in the House of Representatives or governor's office. I never liked his decision to vote for John McCain, but if any Republican should speak out against Donald Trump, he would be a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom