• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kasich rips Republicans: ‘If you don’t have ideas, you got nothing’ — and ...........

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kasich rips Republicans: ‘If you don’t have ideas, you got nothing’ — and the GOP ‘doesn’t like ideas’
Kasich rips Republicans: ‘If you don’t have ideas, you got nothing’ — and the GOP ‘doesn’t like ideas’
In an interview with the Washington Post published Wednesday night, Ohio Gov. John Kasich took some shots at his own party, saying Republicans have little to offer voters because the party doesn’t like new ideas.

Kasich, who came in a surprise second on the New York primary but has been mathematically eliminated from contention, invoked “Saint” Ronald Reagan while railing at members of his party for being being “negative.”

“If you don’t have ideas, you got nothing, and frankly my Republican Party doesn’t like ideas,” Kasich said. “They want to be negative against things. We had Reagan, okay? Saint Ron. We had Kemp, he was an idea guy. I’d say Paul Ryan is driven mostly by ideas. He likes ideas. But you talk about most of ’em, the party is knee-jerk ‘against.’ Maybe that’s how they were created.”

The longtime lawmaker was asked how he might appeal to Trump’s supporters and dismissed it out of hand, saying he was well past his “bombast years, where I was pounding on everybody.”

Kasich is widely regarded as continuing to campaign in the hopes of getting the VP slot, or chosen as the Republican “establishment” candidate should Trump fail to win enough delegates, plunging the Cleveland gathering into a brokered convention.

ALSO SEE:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2c6f4c-0741-11e6-a12f-ea5aed7958dc_story.html

A well though suspicion that few ever spoke of....... The closest was when the GOP in Congress was described as the Party of NO and most recently the Do-Nothing Congress....

We all knew what the GOP was against............by had not a wit of an idea of what they were for with a plan to get there.......

Finally, it was Kasich who told the King he had no cloths.........

Re: Kasich rips Republicans: ‘If you don’t have ideas, you got nothing’ — and .......

But is his plane registered with the FAA? That's the only standard that matters.

Re: Kasich rips Republicans: ‘If you don’t have ideas, you got nothing’ — and .......

In an interview with the Washington Post published Wednesday night, Ohio Gov. John Kasich took some shots at his own party, saying Republicans have little to offer voters because the party doesn’t like new ideas.

Kasich, who came in a surprise second on the New York primary but has been mathematically eliminated from contention, invoked “Saint” Ronald Reagan while railing at members of his party for being being “negative.”

“If you don’t have ideas, you got nothing, and frankly my Republican Party doesn’t like ideas,” Kasich said. “They want to be negative against things. We had Reagan, okay? Saint Ron. We had Kemp, he was an idea guy. I’d say Paul Ryan is driven mostly by ideas. He likes ideas. But you talk about most of ’em, the party is knee-jerk ‘against.’ Maybe that’s how they were created.”

The longtime lawmaker was asked how he might appeal to Trump’s supporters and dismissed it out of hand, saying he was well past his “bombast years, where I was pounding on everybody.”

Kasich is widely regarded as continuing to campaign in the hopes of getting the VP slot, or chosen as the Republican “establishment” candidate should Trump fail to win enough delegates, plunging the Cleveland gathering into a brokered convention.

ALSO SEE:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2c6f4c-0741-11e6-a12f-ea5aed7958dc_story.html

A well though suspicion that few ever spoke of....... The closest was when the GOP in Congress was described as the Party of NO and most recently the Do-Nothing Congress....

We all knew what the GOP was against............by had not a wit of an idea of what they were for with a plan to get there.......

Finally, it was Kasich who told the King he had no cloths.........

Looks like Kasich is jealous because nobody is paying attention to him. If he really had ideas like he claims then he wouldn't have skipped the UTAH debate. That was the nail in the coffin for me. Always whining about not getting enough debate time but then skips a debate where it's just him and Cruz. He was scared of being exposed and had nothing worth saying.

I'm going with the latter. Kasich has stated multiple times he wouldn't consider a VP slot in a Trump presidency. I have a feeling Kasich will become the GOP nominee. Cruz is unfavorable and likely to lose to Sanders/Hillary, unlike Kasich - who beats them both.

Kaisch's 2nd place finish in NY wasn't a surprise. We like him a whole lot more than we like Cruz. Though I am saddened by how many of my fellow New Yorkers, especially us downstaters voted for Trump. I thought we were smarter than that..........

And I agree, Kasich is staying in in hopes of a brokered convention.

I'm going with the latter. Kasich has stated multiple times he wouldn't consider a VP slot in a Trump presidency. I have a feeling Kasich will become the GOP nominee. Cruz is unfavorable and likely to lose to Sanders/Hillary, unlike Kasich - who beats them both.

I think Kasich is bluffing. Don't people always say they won't consider being the VP? I think he would love being the VP. He gets to be powerful, abuse his political connections, and technically he would have no responsibility.

Kaisch's 2nd place finish in NY wasn't a surprise. We like him a whole lot more than we like Cruz. Though I am saddened by how many of my fellow New Yorkers, especially us downstaters voted for Trump. I thought we were smarter than that..........

And I agree, Kasich is staying in in hopes of a brokered convention.
Yeah, the "surprise" 2nd place finish is nothing but establishment spin trying to hype him up.

Kasich will take a VP slot if it's offered to him. He won't be handed the nomination as much as the powers that be might like that, they like being the powers that be more. They know they will lose everything if they go that route.

If Kasich become the nominee there will be a huge revolt...considering that he only has about 100 delegates. It would be fun though to watch the GOP explode though which is what would happen.

If the GOP were smart they would nominate Kasich who would mop the floor with HRC ...........it could be ugly..........

But remember what I said..........."would be smart"...........Not only the GOP has become home for freaks and zealots........ and a whole lot of witless with out an idea in their head....and suspect of not having a brain..........

At one time we had real leaders........respected, intelligent and level headed men.............People you could admire and have as examples for your kids to see as a model for fair-play and citizenship.........

But the freaks did their job well...........drove out the GOP leadership...... and intelligent moderates..........

No longer do I an idea of what the party is for..............and the cure for all problems is a tax cut an d deregulation............who the hell cares if there's is lead in the water........

And as candidates........all the potential good prospects were driven out by the fools less qualified...........they have turned the nomination process in to a circus clown show.......

I'm not happy..........Hows 'bout you?

I sure hope you're right..............the other two scare the hill out of me for what they may be capable.......... I can envision Trump dismissing Congress and shutting down SCOTUS ......... And that Cruz guy........

Keeping ripping your own side dude. :lol:

I have this weird idea that goes something like this..

The other side proposes an idea to act on something you have no desire to do anything about, so you reject the idea.

What happens next?

Well, because you don't want to do anything about the topic in question, you don't propose anything towards it. I know, how ****ing incredible! Could it possibly be that democrats are simply trying to get into areas that other people think shouldn't be meddled in? No, of course not.

I do however enjoy how liberals act like it's some grave injustice if you say no to their ideas. Maybe I have my own goals and they don't include doing you're proposing. Did that ever cross a liberals mind?

Last edited:

In this moment, yeah, Republicans are losing the ideas battle. Is it a mid-term problem (2-4 years?)? Potentially, but I would be skeptical about that, let alone it continuing further. This may be tied to the 2016 election cycle more than anything else. It wasn't but last summer and early fall that policy wonks on the GOP had a lot to offer. Liberals could have had qualms about whether they went far enough or not, but the willingness to think up active solutions to real problems was by all means there.

WOW, with the way he is trying to boost his outsider cred he is clearly working towards being Trumps VP.

I hope Trump picks someone better.

I hate this sanctimonious prick.

I sure hope you're right..............the other two scare the hill out of me for what they may be capable.......... I can envision Trump dismissing Congress and shutting down SCOTUS ......... And that Cruz guy........

WOW.

Who in your opinion shot JFK?

Back
Top Bottom