• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kasich Goes All In...Against Trump

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Hats off to a great governor.

John Kasich: Not Supporting Trump Is 'A Matter Of Conscience For Me'

Kasich insisted that his opposition to Trump is not personal but that he is deeply concerned about what the real estate mogul represents. He lamented that his own presidential bid unsuccessfully tried to “bring us together” and “raise the bar,” in order to present a contrast to Trump’s divisiveness.

“The things that I said during the campaign matter deeply to me, and we are just two, you know, in a way of speaking, two different companies, different visions, different culture, different directions,” he told Matthews. “I just felt this was the right thing to do. I’m not here to disrupt. I’m not here to criticize. I’m just here because I’m standing on the things that I believe are best for the country.”

Great? Half the people in his state support Trump and apparently realize that giving Hillary Clinton 3-4 Supreme Court justice picks would signal the end of this country - even if John Kasich does not.

Kasich has shown his word means nothing. Like everyone else, he signed a pledge to support the eventual nominee. But when it wasn't him, he bailed on his promise. If he thinks that won't assure that he will never succeed in being elected to a higher office when his stint as Ohio's governor is done, he's wrong. The rest of us who don't live in Ohio are disgusted with him, just so you know.

Great? Half the people in his state support Trump and apparently realize that giving Hillary Clinton 3-4 Supreme Court justice picks would signal the end of this country - even if John Kasich does not.

Kasich has shown his word means nothing. Like everyone else, he signed a pledge to support the eventual nominee. But when it wasn't him, he bailed on his promise. If he thinks that won't assure that he will never succeed in being elected to a higher office when his stint as Ohio's governor is done, he's wrong. The rest of us who don't live in Ohio are disgusted with him, just so you know.

Those of us disgusted by the GOP nominee disagree.

So you would rather have Hillary?

Absolutely. I may not like her, and I may dislike about half of what she sells, but the Buffoon and his ultra-religious running mate are the exact opposite of what I stand for. You all may want a wall at our border and a religious litmus test for entry into the US, a ban on funding planned parenthood, gays back in the closet and more prayer in schools, a trade war with China, torture in the Middle East, and pulling out of NATO, but I certainly do not.

We outnumber you. By far. And Kasich is a moron to not realize that.

I'll put money on it today---Hillary gets 70 million votes in November while Trump barely pulls in 50.

Nope. Sorry. Not buying it. He has decided to cast aside the will of the people in exchange for his pride. He lost. He was sooo insistent on the DNC holding the convention in his state. And here they are, bringing tens of millions of dollars of economic benefit to Ohio. And HE has taken his football and gone home.

Very bad form. And he isn't fooling anyone with a brain.

Absolutely. I may not like her, and I may dislike about half of what she sells, but the Buffoon and his ultra-religious running mate are the exact opposite of what I stand for. You all may want a wall at our border and a religious litmus test for entry into the US, a ban on funding planned parenthood, gays back in the closet and more prayer in schools, a trade war with China, torture in the Middle East, and pulling out of NATO, but I certainly do not.

Actually I only want about half of that. I even like some of the things Hillary supports, but I can not vote for the liberal globalist nanny state agenda.

8 Years of Obama was enough.

this completely destroys his chances of anything else in the GOP of ever occuring

sorry...but you are either with the team, or against the team

and in this case, you are against the GOP

bad form governor....bad form

and say goodbye to your political career unless of course you are changing sides....which i wouldnt doubt

I'll put money on it today---Hillary gets 70 million votes in November while Trump barely pulls in 50.

We don't choose the POTUS by popular vote - just as in the primaries. And in case you forgot, this should have been an indication of Kasich's appeal outside of Ohio:

After all those months of primary contests and fights over individual delegates, here's the final delegate count on the convention floor:

Donald Trump 1725

Ted Cruz 475

John Kasich 120

Marco Rubio 114

Ben Carson 7

Jeb Bush 3

Rand Paul 2

The Final Republican Delegate Count - NBC News

Kasich won ONE single state - his own.

He's pissed because he didn't get VP, so now he is going to try to throw the election to Hillary. He figures American's can suffer awhile longer so what they hey? It's all about him, isn't it?

FU Kasich.

I saw this and thought that Kasich had been running for VP for a while,
and this is sour grapes, because he was not chosen.

He's pissed because he didn't get VP, so now he is going to try to throw the election to Hillary. He figures American's can suffer awhile longer so what they hey? It's all about him, isn't it?

FU Kasich.
You beat me to it!

Nope. Sorry. Not buying it. He has decided to cast aside the will of the people in exchange for his pride. He lost. He was sooo insistent on the DNC holding the convention in his state. And here they are, bringing tens of millions of dollars of economic benefit to Ohio. And HE has taken his football and gone home.

I won't presume to judge his heart and motives. I really like the guy and give him huge props as the driver of the balanced budget in the Clinton administration. But this is not his finest hour. To refuse to honor a pledge he took and refuse to host his own national convention is very bad form and I am very disappointed in him. I think this will pretty well scuttle any chance he might have had for the Presidency, not that he was that impressive during the primary race anyway. He barely won his own state with nowhere near 50% of the vote to do that. And now he looks petty and petulant. So there's far less shine on his halo so far as I am concerned.

nope. Sorry. Not buying it. He has decided to cast aside the will of the people in exchange for his pride. He lost. he was sooo insistent on the dnc holding the convention in his state. and here they are, bringing tens of millions of dollars of economic benefit to ohio. And he has taken his football and gone home.

rnc..

this completely destroys his chances of anything else in the GOP of ever occuring

sorry...but you are either with the team, or against the team

and in this case, you are against the GOP

bad form governor....bad form

and say goodbye to your political career unless of course you are changing sides....which i wouldnt doubt

I see it as him being smart enough to stay off a sinking ship. But, we'll see.

We don't choose the POTUS by popular vote - just as in the primaries. And in case you forgot, this should have been an indication of Kasich's appeal outside of Ohio:

After all those months of primary contests and fights over individual delegates, here's the final delegate count on the convention floor:

Donald Trump 1725

Ted Cruz 475

John Kasich 120

Marco Rubio 114

Ben Carson 7

Jeb Bush 3

Rand Paul 2

The Final Republican Delegate Count - NBC News

Kasich won ONE single state - his own.

Hillary probably gets over 370 EV's with those 70 million votes.

FU Kasich.

His hat was not even in the ring.

Kasich 'not inclined' to be Trump's VP | TheHill

How can you have sour grapes over not being picked for something you are not even interested in? :roll:

It doesn't surprise me to hear another RINO turn his back on the country.

FU Kasich.

We're all going to suffer a while longer no matter who wins this election. Also the thought that Kasich could influence anyone to vote for Trump is kinda laughable.

Back
Top Bottom