• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kasich bails out of NPR interview, leaves forum to Strickland

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It seems that Kasich can't handle anything outside of friendly Fox News.

[BREAKING:] Kasich bails out of NPR interview, leaves forum to Strickland

Just got word the John Kasich bailed on a scheduled interview with National Public Radio “Talk of the Nation” ten minutes before it was scheduled to air, leaving the interview solely with Strickland. Kasich pullout supposedly because he refused to agree to take questions from listeners.

Before you think this might be some Juan Williams-inspired boycott, Kasich also refused any reporter’s questions at the ORP’s coordinated campaign bus tour kickoff event this morning, too.

more likely fears that the call screenwriters are completely biased and will harm the campaign.

Last edited:
Neither can Strickland. He refuses to appear on Fox so what's the difference unless you are on Strickland's side which is very obvious.
They both were scheduled to appear on Talk of the Nation with Neil Conan, but Kasich chickened out 10 minutes before air time.

They both were scheduled to appear on Talk of the Nation with Neil Conan, but Kasich chickened out 10 minutes before air time.

My point is that "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".

My point is that "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".
You had a point??? Kasich was 'interviewed' on Fox by friendly partisans - Hannity and O'Reilly. They could have never given Strickland the same puff treatment as they gave Kasich.

You had a point??? Kasich was 'interviewed' on Fox by friendly partisans - Hannity and O'Reilly. They could have never given Strickland the same puff treatment as they gave Kasich.

How do you know???? You and him never showed up, so you don't know.

So you agree that Kasich should not have gone on the NPR show. Your only problem is he changed his mind.

So you agree that Kasich should not have gone on the NPR show. Your only problem is he changed his mind.
My problem is that he apparently backed out of a commitment. If you agree to appear, then be there.

With just over a week before the 2010 midterms, Ken Rudin can't wait for Wednesday to talk politics. Gov. Ted Strickland talks about the race for the Ohio Statehouse. His republican challenger, former congressman John Kasich, was scheduled to join the conversation, but later declined.

Mini Political Junkie: The Ohio Governors' Race : NPR

I don't know all the facts, perhaps you do. Was the format of the program a surprise to the candidate, or did NPR tell him before he made the committment.

I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom