• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Karl Rove: Obama has an 'enemies list'

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Lets review Obama's pathology.

He makes Continual claims for attention and admiration

He's, Cold and uncaring behavior toward others

Other people are seen only as an extension of the self to be manipulated and/or eliminated as needed; an inability to relate to people as people or separate from oneself

Inflated/exaggerated sense of self-importance.

All this leads to Paranoia and therefore an enemies list mad up of real of perceived enemies.

FYI this sounds a lot like Obama to me and it is what DICTATORS are made of.

Karl Rove: Obama has an 'enemies list' - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com
By MIKE ALLEN | 10/10/10 10:43 AM EDT Updated: 10/10/10 6:24 PM EDT

Karl Rove charged Sunday that President Barack Obama has an “enemies list,” after the White House escalated its argument that Rove and others are orchestrating a flood of midterm-election ads paid for by unknown donors.

The Democratic National Committee is attacking Rove and another top GOP strategist, Ed Gillespie, in an ad that is to begin a weeklong run on national cable early this week.

“Karl Rove, Ed Gillespie: They're Bush cronies,” the ad charges. “The U.S. Chamber of Commerce: They're shills for Big Business. And they're stealing our democracy. … Tell the Bush crowd and the Chamber of Commerce: Stop stealing our democracy.”

If people spoke about me the way some opponents of Obama do, I'd have an enemies list too.

Seriously though, what does an "enemies list" even mean? Is this like a "hit list" or a political opponent list. Is this a physical list of names that's carried by an aide who's ready to write a name in a book at the President's command like some Hollywood gangster to use as a threat? Or it is just some meaningless vague thing to toss around? Im confused.

If people spoke about me the way some opponents of Obama do, I'd have an enemies list too.

Seriously though, what does an "enemies list" even mean? Is this like a "hit list" or a political opponent list. Is this a physical list of names that's carried by an aide who's ready to write a name in a book at the President's command like some Hollywood gangster to use as a threat? Or it is just some meaningless vague thing to toss around? Im confused.

Perhaps you can become more clear by thinking of Obama has he has demonized all sorts of folks. He called the bondholders in Chrysler speculators that did not stand with him. He has called opponents liars on many occasions. He has called certain CEOs he does not like greedy. Just a few off the top of my head. He has tried to make Fox news appear as less worthy as lets say MSNBC.

Perhaps you can become more clear by thinking of Obama has he has demonized all sorts of folks. He called the bondholders in Chrysler speculators that did not stand with him. He has called opponents liars on many occasions. He has called certain CEOs he does not like greedy. Just a few off the top of my head. He has tried to make Fox news appear as less worthy as lets say MSNBC.

It's not demonization if it's true.

I think it goes to a mind set rooted in a way over inflated opinion of himself and when the adulation begins to slip paranoia can set in just like it did for Nixon.

Obama has had a massive exodus from the white house and it will continue as more people realize he's been weighed, measured, and found wanting.

It's not demonization if it's true.

Like I said demonization. What is your basis for calling people who had bought corporate bonds speculators. Why do you call certain CEOs greedy, but not others. Why not ballplayers or ex-presidents that get $100K to give a speech. Why not his Hollywood elites that make $20 million for a few weeks acting. I do not think any of the above are greedy, they get paid what the market will bear. In America it used to be you were a sucess when you rose up and made a pile of bucks, but for some reason sucess is looked down upon by those who do not put in the effort to suceed.

Like I said demonization. What is your basis for calling people who had bought corporate bonds speculators.

Because they'd rather have an unstable stock market that allows them to have great profit but then great losses rather than a more stable stock market that is regulated but produces less profit and less losses.

Why do you call certain CEOs greedy, but not others.

There's only so many hours in a day.

Why not ballplayers or ex-presidents that get $100K to give a speech.

Because the baseball industry didn't need a bail out, and speaking engagements aren't an umbrella industry that causes thousands of job losses if that market goes under.

Why not his Hollywood elites that make $20 million for a few weeks acting.

Because while the movie industry is a tent-pole industry, it doesn't need to be bailed out. In fact, the entertainment industry is one of the few industries keeping our economy going.

I do not think any of the above are greedy, they get paid what the market will bear.

Except when they ask for bail-outs, like the insurance industry and the airline industry did in '01, or when they ask for massive amounts of tax breaks and deregulation for their own benefit while other companies do benefit from those, leading to unfair competition.

In America it used to be you were a sucess when you rose up and made a pile of bucks, but for some reason sucess is looked down upon by those who do not put in the effort to suceed.

If the auto industry was leveraged so much in debt that it required a federal bail-out, how can that be a success story? I can get a credit card and buy a crapload of stuff, but that doesn't make me a success.

Because they'd rather have an unstable stock market that allows them to have great profit but then great losses rather than a more stable stock market that is regulated but produces less profit and less losses.

There's only so many hours in a day.

Because the baseball industry didn't need a bail out, and speaking engagements aren't an umbrella industry that causes thousands of job losses if that market goes under.

Because while the movie industry is a tent-pole industry, it doesn't need to be bailed out. In fact, the entertainment industry is one of the few industries keeping our economy going.

Except when they ask for bail-outs, like the insurance industry and the airline industry did in '01, or when they ask for massive amounts of tax breaks and deregulation for their own benefit while other companies do benefit from those, leading to unfair competition.

If the auto industry was leveraged so much in debt that it required a federal bail-out, how can that be a success story? I can get a credit card and buy a crapload of stuff, but that doesn't make me a success.

This is silly talk based on nonsense. If you have real points to make, make them. I didn't find anything in the above response that was worthy of a response.

Rove is talking out of his rear-end. Isn't there a "conspiracy theory" forum for trash like this?

Don't we have better issues to discuss than made-up non-sense?

Bush had an enemy list too.. else why would former Senator Kennedy be put on the no fly list :)

So...how exactly would Rove know this?

Well just about anyone who plays with the market or buying and selling anything is a speculator in one way or another, if you could be more specific that would help. A politician calling opponets liars is nothing new or unique. I think it would be foolish to say there are no greedy CEOs, or that some he called greedy are not greedy, although specifics would help.

Well just about anyone who plays with the market or buying and selling anything is a speculator in one way or another, if you could be more specific that would help. A politician calling opponets liars is nothing new or unique. I think it would be foolish to say there are no greedy CEOs, or that some he called greedy are not greedy, although specifics would help.

Well the people Obama called speculators were the people who had purchased Chrysler bonds. These were not necessarily market players per se. Pension funds held the bonds as did individuals that purchased the bonds and expected to hold them to maturity.

I do not recall the President of the U.S. calling people liars in public before, many you have.

I do not recall a President calling the CEO of a major corporation like Goldman Sacks or the workers at AIG greedy.

Don't you find it ironic that the guy who proclaimed that the country was not red or blue but purple would be such a devisive figure.

I will throw out another one that is recent. He does not like the fact that the chamber of commerce is paying for ads against the dems. So he has started a smear campaign saying that they are using foreign funds to corrupt our elections. He has no proof of this, but he knows that the lie will be believed by many.

I have been a democrat my whole life but will not lower myself to support this trash we call an administration.

Just for the record - the Enemies list of Nixon et al. was an exaggeration. It's composition by whomever was a juvenile resentful effort and it was presented by the MSM in 1973 as they piled on their Hated Enemy. They were pissed like 500% of the 1972 Election results and Watergate and related events gave them the opportunity they'd been waiting for.

They presented it all as Singular Criminal activity occuring based on the Shortcomings of less than 2 dozen guys. In actuality it came about because of other earlier events that tore the Nation apart.

Back
Top Bottom