• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Karl Rove is one step closer to getting the boot.

I think hes gonna let someone else take the blame.

I mean if someone took a fall for Karl Roive then Bush might be able to get him a cushy job when he gets out or something. Or perhaps a lot of money.

Based on what I read today, I believe Rove will be indicted...at the very least for obstruction of justice.

He's already caught in a lie.

Kind of fitting in a way, based on all the lies he's helped spread through the years against political opponents....what goes around comes around.

Rumour has it there are 22 indictments to be handed out? Chances are good one of them is for Rove. They called him in again today.... I imagine they want to catch him in as many contradictions and lies as possible.

Everyone under the sun knows Cheney did the leaking in the palme case
except America
they can all run but can not hide

Bush Blinked 37 Times -- With A Lick Of The Lips, Three Weight Shifts And Serious Foot Jiggling...

Dana Milbank / Washington Post | 13 Oct 2005

It's only 6:17 a.m. Central time, and President Bush is already facing his second question of the day about Karl Rove's legal troubles.

"Does it worry you," NBC's Matt Lauer is asking him at a construction-site interview in Louisiana, that prosecutors "seem to have such an interest in Mr. Rove?"

Bush blinks twice. He touches his tongue to his lips. He blinks twice more. He starts to answer, but he stops himself.

"I'm not going to talk about the case," Bush finally says after a three-second pause that, in television time, feels like a commercial break.

Only the president's closest friends and family know (if anybody does) what he's really thinking these days, during Katrina woes, Iraq violence, conservative anger over Harriet Miers, and legal trouble for Bush's top political aide and two congressional GOP leaders. Bush has not been viewed up close; as he took his eighth post-Katrina trip to the Gulf Coast yesterday, the press corps has accompanied him only once, because the White House says logistics won't permit it. Even the interview on the "Today" show was labeled "closed press."

But this much could be seen watching the tape of NBC's broadcast during Bush's 14-minute pre-sunrise interview, in which he stood unprotected by the usual lectern. The president was a blur of blinks, taps, jiggles, pivots and shifts. Bush has always been an active man, but standing with Lauer and the serene, steady first lady, he had the body language of a man wishing urgently to be elsewhere.

The fidgeting clearly corresponded to the questioning. When Lauer asked if Bush, after a slow response to Katrina, was "trying to get a second chance to make a good first impression," Bush blinked 24 times in his answer. When asked why Gulf Coast residents would have to pay back funds but Iraqis would not, Bush blinked 23 times and hitched his trousers up by the belt.

When the questioning turned to Miers, Bush blinked 37 times in a single answer -- along with a lick of the lips, three weight shifts and some serious foot jiggling. Laura Bush, by contrast, delivered only three blinks and stood still through her entire answer about encouraging volunteerism.

Perhaps the set itself made Bush uncomfortable. He and his wife stood in casual attire, wearing tool belts, in front of a wall frame and some Habitat for Humanity volunteers in hard hats. ABC News noted cheekily of its rival network's exclusive: "He did allow himself to be shown hammering purposefully, with a jejune combination of cowboy swagger and yuppie self-consciousness."

Perhaps, too, the president's body language said nothing about his true state of mind. But the White House gave little other information that might shed light on this. A White House spokesman, Trent Duffy, entered the press cabin on Air Force One to brief reporters at 1:58 p.m. He left two minutes later, after answering the only question by saying, "We don't have anything to announce."

The one newspaper reporter allowed to travel with Bush as part of the White House's "pool" system reported back to her colleagues after the "Today" event: "we were at a distance and could not hear what was being said (a theme of the day)." Other than the "Today" appearance, Bush delivered a one-minute talk to military recovery workers ("I'm incredibly proud of the job you have done") and a two-minute statement outside a school ("out of the rubble here on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi is a rebuilding").

Certainly, Bush retained many of the gestures that work well for him: the purposeful but restrained hand gestures, the head-tilted smile of amusement and the easy laugh. But he seemed to lose control of the timing. He smiled after observing that Iraqis are "paying a serious price" because of terrorism.

As Lauer went through his introduction, the presidential eyes zoomed left, then right, then left and right again, then center, down and up at the interviewer. The presidential fidgeting spiked when Lauer mentioned the Democratic accusation that Bush was performing a "photo op." Bush pushed out his lower front lip, then licked the right corner of his mouth. Lauer's query about whether conservatives "are feeling let down by you" appeared to provoke furious jiggling of the right leg.

Bush joked about his state of mind when Lauer asked Laura Bush about the strain on her husband. "He can barely stand!" the president said, interrupting. "He's about to drop on the spot." But the first lady had a calming influence on the presidential wiggles. When Laura Bush spoke about her husband's "broad shoulders," the president put his arm around her -- and the swaying and shifting subsided.

The president, now on more comfortable terrain, delivered a brief homily about "the decency of others" and "how blessed we are to be an American." Through the entire passage, he blinked only 12 times.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/october2005/131005Bush_blinked.htm

Attachments

• saddamBush.jpg
    saddamBush.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
  • hurricanekatrina.jpg
    hurricanekatrina.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
  • breplace.jpg
    breplace.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
  • stillaliveandwell.jpg
    stillaliveandwell.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2
  • gasprices.jpg
    gasprices.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
wxcrazytwo said:

You may be celebrating before it is over. Judith Miller now says that she CANNOT remember who was the first that told her about Valeri Plame being a CIA operative.

That's right, ...& that is the latest from Judith Miller! Me thinks she is protecting somebody alright, ...most likely another fellow liberal media source, or somebody from the democrartic party.

God knows she did not take a bullet for Karl Rove!

Stu Ghatze said:
You may be celebrating before it is over. Judith Miller now says that she CANNOT remember who was the first that told her about Valeri Plame being a CIA operative.

That's right, ...& that is the latest from Judith Miller! Me thinks she is protecting somebody alright, ...most likely another fellow liberal media source, or somebody from the democrartic party.

God knows she did not take a bullet for Karl Rove!
IIRC she was an avid supporter of Bush and the current war in Iraq. Sounds like someone who would take a bullet for Rove to me.

Makes Nixon's 'I am not a crook' statement sound like a fairy tale.

scottyz said:
IIRC she was an avid supporter of Bush and the current war in Iraq. Sounds like someone who would take a bullet for Rove to me.

Yea,....a journalist who is not a liberal ideologue;.. Thats like searching for a 35 year old virgin these days! :smile:

Naw, ...I would bet she is protecting somebody that has ties to the democratic party, and/or another fellow journalist that is going to cause one hell of a lot of embarrassment for the democratic party!

Looks like Rove will be walking, ...& Tom Delay most probably as well. Guess prosecutor Earle just could not come up with that ficticious list of whom Delay was supposed to be involved with in; "conspiracy".

Tisk tisk, ...even yet another failure for the democrats to cry about. Maybe the democrats can say that Bush threatened her with tales of his secret gulags that Dick Durbin compared america to having?:2razz:

Personnally, ..I just love it when liberal democrats "actually" speak their mind because it helps voters get a real honest perspective on their party!

Stu Ghatze said:
Yea,....a journalist who is not a liberal ideologue;.. Thats like searching for a 35 year old virgin these days! :smile:
A "liberal ideologue" who used false intelligence and the Governments official misinformation in her reporting to bolster support for the war and WMD claims. :rofl I guess the liberal insider would be Rove, Libby or Cheney. Oh those dirty lib whitehouse insiders!

Back
Top Bottom