• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Karl "Blood and Guts" Rove, American Hero!

argexpat said:
God bless Karl Rove for tellin' it like it is. Liberals ARE a bunch of whiney terrorist-coddlers. That's why I was so inspired after that dark day in September when Mr. Rove enlisted in the Marines and went to Iraq and personally brought the fight to the terrorists who attacked us. He didn't just talk tough, he put his money---and his life---where his mouth is. Unlike those cowardly liberals and their faked war wounds, Mr. Rove is a true American hero!

I think it comes down to a reap what you sow:

When Senator Richard Durbin made his "Nazi" comments about our U.S. Marines, the Democrats sat on their hands with their mouths shut. He finally decided he had to apologize because a story like this, even if it is ignored by the likes of NBC, CBS and ABC will not go away. Now the Democrats are up in arms about something they have not been accused of unless they are liberals.

It is partisan politics and whether from the left or right, it is detrimental to our country. Did Senator Durbin think before he spoke that his words could be played over and over on Al Jazerea (sp) or did Carl Rove worry about what MoveOn.org would think? Any time it is a shot against the other side rather than trying to be constructive on an issue it hurts us all; liberal and conservative.
:duel :cool:

Durbin said something that could be used against us for propaganda purposes; Rove was just stating the obvious. Liberals cheered Durbin and want Rove fired. Just proves what idiots they are IMO.

Squawker said:
Durbin said something that could be used against us for propaganda purposes; Rove was just stating the obvious. Liberals cheered Durbin and want Rove fired. Just proves what idiots they are IMO.

What Rove said wasn't true and that's the main problem with it.

What Rove said wasn't true and that's the main problem with it.
I don't go to moveon.org so I really wouldn't know what they said. Rove isn't a liar, so I am taking his word for it. The liberals are the anti-war crowd are they not? It has to be true on some level.

Squawker said:
I don't go to moveon.org so I really wouldn't know what they said. Rove isn't a liar, so I am taking his word for it. The liberals are the anti-war crowd are they not? It has to be true on some level.

No he does lie. He was just on my TV lying about Social Security going bankrupt. And what he said about the left wanting to give "therapy" to the terrorist is just another in a long list of his lies.

Squawker said:
Pathetic is the only way to describe such posts. The "liberals" this, the "liberals" that...the hate you have for your fellow Americans is incredible. The thing is you make it up as you go, you don't speak the truth, you speak in untruths, unsupported by any facts whatsoever.

I do not know of anyone in this community who has more hate inside them than you do. I really, really dislike Bush and his toads. I do not dislike (with a few exceptions :lol: ) ALL Republicans. You, on the other hand are totally and completely filled with hate. You get especially angry when you're proven to be wrong, which means you're angry all the time.....

I don't hate anyone Champ, where did you get that bit of nonsense?

No he does lie. He was just on my TV lying about Social Security going bankrupt.
That is true Pac, SS is going bankrupt.
And what he said about the left wanting to give "therapy" to the terrorist is just another in a long list of his lies.
I don't have a link to prove it isn't a lie -- do you have one proving it is? I see you have narrowed in on the word "therapy." I suppose that means the other two things he said were proven as true.

Squawker said:
I don't want to fricking give therapy to them, as Karl said I do. I want to end the war between us. I agreed about attacking Afghanistan, and probably would have agreed to attacking Pakistan, but the link between Iraq and 9-11, well, there was none, so I had no issue to want to attack them.

Squawker said:

That is true Pac, SS is going bankrupt. I don't have a link to prove it isn't a lie -- do you have one proving it is? I see you have narrowed in on the word "therapy." I suppose that means the other two things he said were proven as true.

SS doesn't have any creditors so it's impossible for it to go bankrupt. Sorry can't happen- ever. Many have pointed this out to Team Bush and they still keep telling people this same lie. Plus he mis-stated several other facts that directly conflict with the SS's recent trustee report.

Squawker said:
Some gems from the Squawker handbook, all from the last 7 days:
Liberals cheered Durbin and want Rove fired. Just proves what idiots they are IMO.
That doesn't describe American liberals. Some people in the country adopted the word to justify their lack of morality.
That is what liberals turned the party into -- one big joke.
Anytime you can P*ss Lib's off is a good day.
People are turned off by the hate America rhetoric coming from Liberals especially after 9-11.
Liberals seem to have no conscious thought that they are responsible for deaths, just as if they had a rifle in their hand and pulled the trigger.
Alex, I think this thread is for Republicans to say what they like about President Bush. We have several Bush bashing posts here, feel free to go vent and join the crowd.
The left will hurt our troops and our Country, just for the sake of making President Bush and the Republican party look incompetent.
Liberals are know for outrageous claims and accusations.
This conservative is getting fed up with daily topics from narrow minded liberals,
The left is the most hate filled group in America.
I dismiss your links as more left wing tripe
Liberals are always angry, so that isn't anything new.
Instead of constantly bashing Republicans and President Bush why don’t you worry about your own unethical party?
I wonder how many people Clinton killed while he was in office
Democrats wouldn't enjoy those sites Champ, they have too much common sense. Those are for the left wing whacko's such as yourself buddy.

Squawker said:
Yeah, a politico would never lie.

The Pentagon says we should begin by "listening." What a bunch of liberals.

I suppose Mr. Rove was not in the hotbed of liberalism of NY,NY when he made his comments. Perhaps he'd've received a corporeal correction from some of those who were directly affected by 9-11.

Shall I compile all your bile Champ? You don't understand the difference between using a generic term and making posts personal. All those quotes say is that I disagree with the Liberal position in relation to specific circumstances. They were all taken out of context and don't mean a darn thing. Too bad you wasted your time on it.

Last edited:
Squawker said:
Shall I compile all your bile Champ? You don't understand the difference between using a generic term and making posts personal. All those quotes say is that I disagree with the Liberal position in relation to specific circumstances. They were all taken out of context and don't mean a darn thing. Too bad you wasted your time on it.
You had a good week, what can I say? Did I expect you to admit anything? Of course not, I simply quoted you and I leave it to whomever to decide how creditable you are.

All that in just one week.....

You're a funny man Champ. You do that in one day my friend.

Two weeks after 9/11, MoveOn.org's liberals were helping with the demonstrations in Washington DC, San Francisco and elsewhere. Those that protested were carrying signs saying things like, "If you want to stop terrorism then stop terrorizing". Carl Rove never said the word Democrat in his comments that have caused all the stir. He said liberals and that is what he meant. I said in a previous post that if Democrats were up in arms as our one sided news media would have you think, then they are liberals.

Hillary Clinton says Republicans have never understood the truth and the media is silent. Howard Dean says so many things that are even demeaning to his own party and the media is silent. **** Durbin says "nazi" and the media reminds us that Republicans have done it in the past but pass on singling out Durbin. The media drives all of these stories or.... they act like they never happened. Just depends on if it is one of their Democrat buddies.

gordontravels said:
Two weeks after 9/11, MoveOn.org's liberals were helping with the demonstrations in Washington DC, San Francisco and elsewhere. Those that protested were carrying signs saying things like, "If you want to stop terrorism then stop terrorizing".
Prove this to us? This is not in any way accurate, it is an untruth as far as I know. Show us please that Moveon.org sponsored these demonstrations or that there even were any demonstrations.....or are you again going you cop out and not back up your accusations with facts?

26 X World Champs said:
Prove this to us? This is not in any way accurate, it is an untruth as far as I know. Show us please that Moveon.org sponsored these demonstrations or that there even were any demonstrations.....or are you again going you cop out and not back up your accusations with facts?

June 8 , 2005

More recent antics.

"A protest organized June 1 by MoveOn, a liberal political action committee, drew about 20 people to the Michigan Avenue office of U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Brighton. Demonstrators protested Rogers’ ties to embattled House Majority Leader Tom Delay.

There was only one problem: They had the wrong Mike Rogers.

Whoops."

Do you guys honestly believe that ALL the people fighting in the military in Iraq right now are conservative and that ALL the people opposing the war are liberal? You don't think that maybe some soldiers oppose the war they're fighting in, or that maybe some of the soldiers are Democrats, or that maybe some of the protestors or silent opposers of the war are conservative? I feel like the assumptions you are making are very ignorant.

loverofpeace said:
Do you guys honestly believe that ALL the people fighting in the military in Iraq right now are conservative and that ALL the people opposing the war are liberal? You don't think that maybe some soldiers oppose the war they're fighting in, or that maybe some of the soldiers are Democrats, or that maybe some of the protestors or silent opposers of the war are conservative? I feel like the assumptions you are making are very ignorant.
Very well said! Perspective is always good....

loverofpeace said:

I have fought in war and know that ALL the soldiers have independent minds. I also know that they are well trained and understand that their actions in the war zone can save their fellow soldier's life as well as their own. It is a strong incentive to perform as you were trained. I also know that when I was in war it was a war governed by a majority of Democrats of which I was one at the time.

When you are a soldier and in a war zone, if you oppose that war, it is very far down on your list of priorities. I have 4 contacts in Iraq, 2 Marines, 1 Regular Army and 1 National Guard; 3 men and 1 woman. Everyone of them, and I have heard from all in the last week, say the morale of the troops and the morale they hold themselves is excellent. I know. That is the way it is when you have a job to do. They all have one complaint though:

They want to know what is wrong with our media and why it is so negative about Iraq when there is so much good being done in the country and they are speaking from their own experiences. One of the soldiers is directly working in logistics for the construction battalions and wants to know if we know about the new schools, hospitals, electricity and clean water projects among the thousands of projects going on in Iraq. Do you?

I know there are those here that think if you hear a report about the attacks against our troups it is fodder for their anti-war arguement. If they hear a story or reference to the good our troups are doing in Iraq then they believe they are being lied to. I am satisfied that our troops are doing what they are trained for and whether they are liberal or conservative, for or against the war; they do their job with pride. The only ignorance is our mass media that thinks we don't think.

Squawker said:

Ditto Squawker! I too shield myself from anything that even remotely smacks of liberal ideology (even though I looked up liberal in the dictionary and it sounds pretty good). There's nothing more annoying than having my dogma challenged. I prefer to tend to my little garden of assumptions, pet peeves, half-baked theories, specious arguments, and bumper-sticker rhetoric. And, like you, I outsource my opinions to those who know more than I do, like Rush Limbaugh. That's because I really don't have a coherent ideology (and I'm lazy). I just side with whoever talks tough, because I'm a powerless little cog in an immense machine whose intricacies I can't begin to fathom.

That's also why I'm a Christian. But not one of those pansy love-thy-neighbor, turn-the-other-cheek Christians. I'm a pro-war, shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later Christian.

Unlike those hate-America-first liberals, I'm proud to be an American! Not because I've personally done anything to make America great. (Frankly, it's kind of silly to be proud of what is essentially a fluke of geography.) It's so much easier to take credit for the sacrifices of others. I use patriotism to smear liberals, a.k.a. anyone who disagrees with me...er...with those more powerful than me whose opinions I've adopted. Because in the end, I'd rather be on the winning side than the right side.

So I'm totally with you, Squawker. Let's p!ss off some liberals!

Last edited:
argexpat said:
Ditto Squawker! I too shield myself from anything that even remotely smacks of liberal ideology (even though I looked up liberal in the dictionary and it sounds pretty good). There's nothing more annoying than having my dogma challenged. I prefer to tend to my little garden of assumptions, pet peeves, half-baked theories, specious arguments, and bumper-sticker rhetoric. And, like you, I outsource my opinions to those who know more than I do, like Rush Limbaugh. That's because I really don't have a coherent ideology (and I'm lazy). I just side with whoever talks tough, because I'm a powerless little cog in an immense machine whose intricacies I can't begin to fathom.

That's also why I'm a Christian. But not one of those pansy love-thy-neighbor, turn-the-other-cheek Christians. I'm a pro-war, shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later Christian.

Unlike those hate-America-first liberals, I'm proud to be an American! Not because I've personally done anything to make America great. (Frankly, it's kind of silly to be proud of what is essentially a fluke of geography.) It's so much easier to take credit for the sacrifices of others. I use patriotism to smear liberals, a.k.a. anyone who disagrees with me...er...with those more powerful than me whose opinions I've adopted. Because in the end, I'd rather be on the winning side than the right side.

So I'm totally with you, Squawker. Let's p!ss off some liberals!
I am not worthy! I am not worthy! We are in the presence of genius, pure and simple! :rock

argexpat said:

So... you're a hypocrite? You're a christian for the parts that suit your beliefs? I don't understand though I really would like to. It sounds bogus from here.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, that was completely off topic. Let's just drop it. My apologies.

That is very nice Argexpat. Glad you finally approve of something Champ. Why would I degrade myself by going to moveon.org, when I have two such intelligent folks such as yourselves. I am always stimulated by your superior knowledge of the issues. I bow down to your greatness and the great Liberal icon, Al Frankin. :2bow: Liberals never disappoint me, when they have no facts to debate with they resort to name calling and insults. Good job boys, your mama can be proud. :2rofll:

Back
Top Bottom