• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kari Lake & OAN (Amongst Other Things)

HikerGuy83

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kari Lake is running to be the GOP governor of AZ.

On the surface, she's a little confusing. Her transition was GOP-> Indie -> Democrat -> GOP -> Trump Supporter.

She leads in preliminary polls, but not by much.

And she is being outdone in the fundraising area.

This, to me is a barometer, of sorts, to see just who has the GOP at this point in time.

If she can't make it, then you'll know that Trump does not have the reach he once had.

Lake does not do herself any favors by cozing up to OAN and others. It's her call and I am not being critical.

But optics count.

The next several months will be interesting.

On the surface, she's a little confusing. Her transition was GOP-> Indie -> Democrat -> GOP -> Trump Supporter.

This, to me is a barometer, of sorts, to see just who has the GOP at this point in time.

If she can't make it, then you'll know that Trump does not have the reach he once had.

Lake does not do herself any favors by cozing up to OAN and others. It's her call and I am not being critical.

But optics count.

Would you rather she cozy up to the likes of CNN or MSNBC? Would they even give her a fair interview?

I doubt it.

And keep in mind that she's an experienced journalist. She knows how the media operates.

Would you rather she cozy up to the likes of CNN or MSNBC? Would they even give her a fair interview?

I doubt it.

How about.....none of the above.

She is supposedly the leading contender.

As someone who is just returning to AZ, I am curious to see just how far she gets.

Thank heavens, the left only has that moron Katie Hobbs.

This is good news in once sense.

However, she is starting to reap the benefits of the stop the steal stuff.

I hope she's got more policy items to discuss so she can get off this one.

I doubt it.

And keep in mind that she's an experienced journalist. She knows how the media operates.

Oh, I agree.

And she is experienced. Which is why I grow concerned that she does not realize how the stop the steal stuff works against her.

She can come across as pretty reasonable in other areas.

I hope she elevates those.

She already has the hearts of the fanatics. She needs the moderates.

She should get with Krysten Sinema who knows how to drive the left bonkers.

They could become icons.

Kari Lake disputed that Biden received about 81 million votes nationwide after the Cyber Ninjas' hand count of the ballots determined that Biden received about 100 more votes within Maricopa County than what the official tally stated. Maricopa County is the fourth most populated county in the country.

Another Trumpist loon.

While am not sure I would call her that....I would say she's off the rails when it comes to elections.

However, she's leading in the polls. If she's elected, there will be (per your statement) a loon in the Governor's Mansion.

How do you think it got to the point that we elect these extremists ?

But optics count.

Only thing I know about her is she knows how the media works. She has many years as a news anchor in Phoenix. She seems to be knowledgeable and a smart lady.
I would wish her good luck with her run for governor of Arizona.

In looking at her Web-Site, here is something on the homeless "crisis" in Arizona.

Homelessness in Arizona is increasing at a staggering rate. Homeless encampments, drugged-out and deranged individuals, and the extensive damage they are doing to the quality of life in our communities has spread far beyond our biggest cities, even impacting rural and mountain communities like Pine, Payson, and Flagstaff. Government programs and homeless service providers are not making the problem better. Instead, they have essentially given up and are enabling chronic street homelessness, drug use, and mental illness. They ignore the impacts on citizens, families, and communities.

This has to stop. We can have compassion for the homeless, but it cannot be at the expense of everyone else. Nor can we continue to pretend that a large part of the problem isn’t coming from people who are choosing chronic street homelessness as a lifestyle – or that our current system appears dedicated to making that choice easier and more comfortable.

This is just plain wrong. People have a right to walk into a store without being accosted or harassed. Mothers have a right to take their kids to the park and let them play without fear that they’re going to get stuck with a dirty needle. Families have a right to be safe on their streets and in their homes. Citizens deserve protection and safety from the state and cities they pay taxes too.

She then goes on to talk about time for tough love.

My guess is that she wins some people over with this one.

The homeless in AZ are becoming more prevalant and you can find them more and more in the suburbs.

She is against vaccine mandates.

That's good in my book.

She decries defunding the police:

This awful, insidious "defund the police" movement needs to be stopped in its tracks. There is a direct correlation between this movement and the explosion of violent crime happening across the country. The leaders of this effort have proven time and again they don't care about poor people, or people of color – if they did they wouldn't ignore and excuse the horrific gang violence spreading through our cities that disproportionately damages poor and minority communities. It is not compassionate or just to leave good people at the mercy of criminals.

I won't give an inch to people who want to tear down law enforcement for their own benefit. Not only will I ensure that State Shared Revenues are withheld from any city, town, or county that defunds their police department, I will push to include significant grants to local governments in our annual budget for the recruitment, training, and retention of great police officers.

We need great cops, and we need them to have all the tools and training they need to perform their jobs safely and compassionately. Instead of defunding police, I will fully fund police.

Arizona's next governor must #BackTheBlue. They put their lives on the line for us, making sure they know how much we honor and respect that commitment is the least we can do.

I doubt it.

Yes, as a matter of fact.... because, well....

Trump-Backed Kari Lake Leads Arizona's GOP Primary for ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Governor › Arizona
Mar 25, 2022 — A new poll found Lake, who was endorsed by Donald Trump last year, leading the second-place Republican candidate by 22 percentage points.

TRUMP ASKS PUTIN TO HELP HIM TAKE DOWN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES​

Meanwhile, Russian state TV is currently talking about how to replace Biden with Trump before 2024.
BY BESS LEVIN
MARCH 30, 2022
"...
that Trump publicly appealed for Vladimir Putin, the guy currently waging a horrific war in Ukraine, to help him smear the president of the United States and his son.

In an interview with outlet Just the News that aired on the right-wing Real America’s Voice network on Tuesday, Trump pushed an unproven claimone he’s been pushing for more than a year and a half now—that Hunter Biden was paid $3.5 million by the then wife of Moscow’s former mayor. When Trump first started making this allegation in September 2020, i.e., when he probably saw the writing on the wall re: his dwindling chances of being reelected, he stuck to only accusing Joe Biden’s son of benefiting from the supposed deal in question. This week, though, he apparently decided to claim that the president of the United States pocketed the cash too, and then requested that Putin release the dirt he has on the two men.

“As long as Putin now is, not exactly a fan our country,” Trump said, “let him explain…why did the mayor of Moscow’s wife give the Bidens, both of them, $3.5 million? That’s a lot of money. She gave them $3.5 million. So now I would think Putin would know the answer to that. I think he should release it. I think we should know that answer. Now, you won’t get the answer from Ukraine, but…I think Putin now would be willing to probably give that answer. I’m sure he knows.”

“It’s generally frowned upon for U.S. presidents, current or former, to solicit our murderous, mortal enemies for dirt on their political rivals.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

Yes, as a matter of fact.... because, well....

Trump-Backed Kari Lake Leads Arizona's GOP Primary for ...

https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Governor › Arizona
Mar 25, 2022 — A new poll found Lake, who was endorsed by Donald Trump last year, leading the second-place Republican candidate by 22 percentage points.

~snipped the totally irrelevant deflection~
Ummm...

What's your point?

Ummm...

What's your point?

That if Trump endorses you.....you must be EVIL.

This is so much the logical conclusion the left reaches as a result of their intense critical thinking.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will not be voting for a Lindell/Trump endorsed candidate for AZ Governor. I will likely be voting for Karrin Taylor Robson in the GOP Primary, and if Kari Lake becomes the GOP Nominee for Governor, then I will very likely be voting for Katie Hobbs for AZ Governor.

This is so much the logical conclusion the left reaches as a result of their intense critical thinking.

You or Mycroft... are you impressed with Trump's lifetime record of discernment, his ability to read other people and
decide whether to invest in them by associating his name and reputation with theirs, IOW, putting his trust in them?

Just consider Trump's choices of attorneys, cabinet picks, Flynn, and his recent endorsements of Orban of Hungary and of these G.O.P. candidates.

Obama Warned Trump About Michael Flynn During Oval ...

https://www.npr.org › 2017/05/08 › obama-warned-trum...
May 8, 2017 — A former Obama official confirms that then-President Barack Obama warned incoming President Donald Trump about Mchael Flynn during oval...

I post that support for Trump is irresistible to extend the benefit of the doubt to his supporters because supporting Trump, or for that matter,
the G.O.P., defies logic.

Herschel Walker, the Worst Candidate, Trump-Approved​

By Charles Blow - April 3, 2022
"Let’s just be blunt. No one, and I mean not one person, would seriously believe that Herschel Walker, the former football star and current leading contender for the Republican Senate nomination in Georgia, was at the top of his class at the University of Georgia.
Yet Walker has claimed just that for years, saying multiple times that he graduated in the top 1 percent of his class.

As CNN reported Friday, Walker never graduated from college. He left to play professional football. Furthermore, according to CNN: “A profile of Walker from 1982 in The Christian-Science Monitor and an article in The New York Times said he maintained a B average at the school. Walker himself told The Chicago Tribune in 1985 he maintained a 3.0 before his grades dropped.”

But wait, that wasn’t the only problematic boast Walker made about his grades.
In his 2008 book about suffering from dissociative identity disorder, Walker says that he grew up as a “fat kid” who stuttered (twin “sins” in his judgment), that his teachers looked through him as if he hadn’t been there and that the older children ridiculed him as “stupid.”.." ...
Now, after months of not seriously challenging Walker, some Georgia Republicans are waking up to the reality that they may have made a grave mistake and that he is likely to lose if he advances to the general election. And they have only Donald Trump to blame. Walker’s campaign was all Trump’s doing and at Trump’s urging..."

The internal watchdogs Trump has fired or replaced - CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com › news › trump-inspectors-ge...
May 19, 2020 — Over six weeks beginning in early April, Mr. Trump has stripped five top officials in inspector general offices of their positions.

Trump's firings of inspectors general, explained - Vox

https://www.vox.com › 5 › inspectors-general-trump-li...
May 28, 2020 — That inspector general was Steve Linick, who held that job at the State Department from 2013 until Trump dismissed him earlier this month. Trump ...

Last edited:

Trump has a history of picking people who end up being terrible so can you really blame anyone for instantly dismissing his choices?
He fired so many of his picks while in office it became a running joke.

Trump has a history of picking people who end up being terrible so can you really blame anyone for instantly dismissing his choices?
He fired so many of his picks while in office it became a running joke.

She's not his choice.

He endorsed her.

I so enjoy watching spin doctors at work.

She is cra-cray in the cabesa....

Last edited:
Only thing I know about her is she knows how the media works. She has many years as a news anchor in Phoenix. She seems to be knowledgeable and a smart lady.
I would wish her good luck with her run for governor of Arizona.

Actually, I am learning she might be a bit of a shape shifter.

Need to better understand what I am reading.

Back
Top Bottom